Sign in to follow this  
Dark

Well..fail just.. fail.

Well, yesterday, I reached lvl 6 on deathrun, but I wanted to practice a little bit more on dev. Then when I got into one map, /devmap (mapname).

The next thing I saw was "Dark tried to hack his rank" -.- Really? This is what I get for playing offline? LoL.

I believe that, "tried to hack" is just a script in the mod. So, you don't need to be online for that. And for sure, developer mode is not for playing, it does not record...

Guest Spoof

Using devmap for deathrun is generally a bad idea. Fortunately, if you wish to practice, creating a new profile is the best way to go. This is because the level only resets for the profile that you used.

• So create your brand, spanking new account: "iLove2DEVMAP" (name is optional);

(You might wish to copy your config instead of painstakingly adding all of your preferences. So go to your "Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare" folder -> "players" folder -> "profiles" folder and then choose the name with your usual setup, copy "config_mp" and paste it into your new profile.)

• Load up the deathrun mod (Mods -> iceops_dr);

• Load your chosen map /devmap mp_deathrun_mapname;

(Some maps use dr in place of deathrun. If you go back to your "Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare" folder and open up "usermaps" now, you'll find a list of maps you have, simply go to the region of mp_d {presuming you have an alphabetically ordered folder} and find the name of the map you wish to play.)

(If you get stuck within a screen that doesn't allow you to "Auto-assign" in, just re-run the command /devmap... by hitting the up-arrow key while in the console and it should give you the normal prompt menu)

• /player_sprintspeedscale 1.3 should give you a more realistic feel (and is better for practicing)

• Once the free round is over (which should last 10 minutes) just do the /devmap command again if you wish to continue honing your skills.

Don't forget you now have access to commands like /noclip to more easily get to certain sections, should you wish to practice a particular part, or activate certain traps and practice those too.

Don't want to practice every map using an m9? /give all and then just cycle through the weapons until you find your favourite.