Sign in to follow this  
Mc.Joker

Windows 7 Help

Good day everyone,

We have a windows 7 pc but there's a strange problem:

We have no internet but we can find our home pc's and NAS server..

That's for the ethernet cable but we have a WiFi adapter to but that one cant find any WiFi signal..

We have tried alot but we just cant figure it out :(

Does someone knows a solution.. please post it here

Specs:

Windows 7 (32 Bit)

WiFi adapter: USB Wireless 802.11 b/g adapter

Lan adapter: Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)

For the lan adapter there is no update.. (i can't find it)

1st try- If you click on "Start", then type in "Windows Mobility Center" you'll see that there is an entry for "Turn Wireless On". check if this is enabled on ur pc.

2nd try-Verify your network connection has "Client for Microsoft Networks" enabled. To check go to control panel>network and sharing center. Click Change Adapter Settings. Select your LAN connection. Hit the Properties button. Make sure "Client for Microsoft Networks" is checked.

3rd try- Try changing the Group policy Settings:

-Open gpedit.msc from from Start | Run

-From Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies, Security Options

-Locate the Network Security: LAN Manager Authentication level

-Change value to "Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated

4th try- if this doesnt help, its like 90% driver issue related. So what u gotta do is going to a pc that as internet, download windows 7 drivers according to ur motherboard manufacter, aswell as the latest drivers for ur wifi adapter, passing them to a usb storage device, get them on ur pc, and install them.

5th try- Reinstall windows 7 and install ur wifi adapter latest drivers.

6th try - install xp or 8.1 (no Vista plz) and see if the problem persists. if so the problem is from ur wifi adapter.

7th try- if none worked, pray and repeat them all.

8th try- if 7th hasnt worked, ur screwed.

just by chance ur adapter isnt a D-Link?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Are kidding me? im not that dumb

1st try- If you click on "Start", then type in "Windows Mobility Center" you'll see that there is an entry for "Turn Wireless On". check if this is enabled on ur pc.

2nd try-Verify your network connection has "Client for Microsoft Networks" enabled. To check go to control panel>network and sharing center. Click Change Adapter Settings. Select your LAN connection. Hit the Properties button. Make sure "Client for Microsoft Networks" is checked.

3rd try- Try changing the Group policy Settings:

-Open gpedit.msc from from Start | Run

-From Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies, Security Options

-Locate the Network Security: LAN Manager Authentication level

-Change value to "Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated

4th try- if this doesnt help, its like 90% driver issue related. So what u gotta do is going to a pc that as internet, download windows 7 drivers according to ur motherboard manufacter, aswell as the latest drivers for ur wifi adapter, passing them to a usb storage device, get them on ur pc, and install them.

5th try- Reinstall windows 7 and install ur wifi adapter latest drivers.

6th try - install xp or 8.1 (no Vista plz) and see if the problem persists. if so the problem is from ur wifi adapter.

7th try- if none worked, pray and repeat them all.

8th try- if 7th hasnt worked, ur screwed.

just by chance ur adapter isnt a D-Link?

I will trie this as fast when my dad as back to (dad and son project :P)

Guest Ares

It works many times, admit it.

If you called IT support, they'd tell you to try this first as well.

Do you really think he would post a thread on the forums before he'd try restarting it?

Do you really think he would post a thread on the forums before he'd try restarting it?

Well, you would be stupid if you don't ask this question first... I mean what if you go trough a process of a few hours and at the end all he had to do is turning it on and off again? When at tech support you always have to start at the bottom.

Guest arj

Well, you would be stupid if you don't ask this question first... I mean what if you go trough a process of a few hours and at the end all he had to do is turning it on and off again? When at tech support you always have to start at the bottom.

No, IT ask for it because 87% of customers problems (independet MIT study) are "not plugged in power cable" or "I was using my network, and then it stoped working and I cannot use my facebook again!11".

No, IT ask for it because 87% of customers problems (independet MIT study) are "not plugged in power cable" or "I was using my network, and then it stoped working and I cannot use my facebook again!11".

Actually, turning a device / program off and back on solves the problem quite often. Ofc some people indeed forget to plug the power cord in and blame the producer, but in most cases it is the state in which the device ends up that's corrupt. The easiest way to fix that is to restart it ^^

...............................NICE BUMP

minQkel

wanna more posts on forum (i see him that he come to 400 :D )

HAHAHA :D but sad

And btw guys the "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" was just a joke which is popular on sites like reddit, tumblr and imgur where people usually say it as a matter of 'obviousness' on an IT topic and it is funny for the people who regularly browse those websites. Sadly McJoker took it way too seriously and then came Ares... I couldn't help but quit out with:

kden.