Sign in to follow this  
Anonymoose

few suggestions

so our deathrun server is pretty plain so i thought it would be nice to add some cool stuff.

-throwable knives:activator gets random ammount (usually 0,1,2,3,4,5,unlimited) of throwable knives and he can use them in every room (1 knife is enough to kill someone) and whenever he kills someone he gets 1 more throwable knife. This can be very useful in jump room or when a bounch of people rush to activator

-bunnyhop: no need for explaining

-roll the dice(RTD) : jumpers (NOT ACTIVATOR) can use it once per map, it is free(will explain later) and they get random stuff(weapons(except in free round),bigger hp,speed,selfdestruction,dizziness,throwable knives,xp...) both advantages and disadvantages.

-shop: people can buy stuff in shop (usually 6) like: throwable knives,xp,weapons,lifes,cool plugins(if we add them) and similar.For shop you need points.

-points: you can get points on many ways: you get 1 point every x seconds(usually 30 or so), you get points when you kill jumper/activator, you can get points from RTD.Points can be used only in shop and can't affect your score(unless you buy xp with them(usually 1point=1xp)

-antihardscope plugin: many people hate hardscoping and it is really boring when two hardscopers met and they both wait for other to come out which can be endless. I know that many people will be against it but it would work (it worked on 3xP).

Also it would be nice to add few new maps like framey3 or mirroredge.

EDIT1

-Disable voice chat : it is irritating.

-Reduce fall damage : some shortcuts can't be done without reducing it.

-Antiglitch: wont write them here because it is public area and people would probably abuse them.

-xp multiplier: if there is x number of the people on the server they get double xp. it is hard enough to level up and it would increase number of the players.

-Also would be nice to have rules written in the servers (all not just dr).

Guest arj

But people whine and call players who actually stoped running, and aimed no more but 1 second "OMG NOOB HS, GTFO". Someone is just sitting behind the crate and aiming? Ok, that's hardscope. But I have been called 6 times "hs noob" when I jumped, and after landing I aimed for 0.7 second. Omg so hs so unfair much cry.

And who would code all this?

Don't we have people who can code in the clan?

Stop that hardscope cry.

-antihardscope plugin: many people hate hardscoping and it is really boring when two hardscopers met and they both wait for other to come out which can be endless. I know that many people will be against it but it would work (it worked on 3xP).

1. Throwing knives is ok

2. Bunnyhop , GOD NO

3. RTD I've got mixed opinions but I'm leaning against it

4. Shop... well if someone is getting most of the kills , this will only tip the entire game in their favour making it unfair. Exchanging xp for lives is fine though.

5. I don't think there's any need to introduce a system of monetary exchange ( with points) in a mod which is more about completing an obstacle course.

6. Anti hardscope? I'm sorry but that is literally the stupidest idea I've heard.

-throwable knives: this is death run, not black ops

-bunnyhop: just no

-roll the dice(RTD) : it's about avoiding traps, not getting random shit

-shop: see above answer

-antihardscope plugin: eh, let people play how they want

let's keep IceOps|Deathrun how it is.

I like the simple gameplay that isn't overpowered with shit, I hope you guys feel the same way.

Bunny hopping....ugh.

IceOps has been relatively known for being a vanilla deathrun style server, if anything, if they added those plugins it would just be like any other server with 20 useless laser-esque plugins.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

and No.

Deathrun is called deathRUN for a reason, not deathHOP.

Points while standing still, imagine the spawn,

It literally would become a kindergarten(dr players will get this)

Anti hardscope? Hardscoping requires more concentration than randomly quick-scoping/no-scoping.

Don't we have people who can code in the clan?

Yeah, I'll just go code it. Or Ninja. Because we have no better stuff to do than coding a plugin for 'no hardscope'. I mean, seriously?

Also, it would take quite some effort. And I don't mean like, get-off-your-ass-and-take-that-chocolate-bar-then-eat-it effort. I mean hours and hours of work.

Yeah, I'll just go code it. Or Ninja. Because we have no better stuff to do than coding a plugin for 'no hardscope'. I mean, seriously?

Also, it would take quite some effort. And I don't mean like, get-off-your-ass-and-take-that-chocolate-bar-then-eat-it effort. I mean hours and hours of work.

He has a good point aswell, I made an rtd for a different deathrun server about a year back and it took me a few days of nonstop coding to get the plugin done, and most of this stuff is useless as it is.

Uwhut ?

Anti hs = 4mins job. .....

Rtd dependz on how advanced.

Sorry but this can all be done in matters of minutes.(I already have everything but still from scratch 1hour max)

Uwhut ?

Anti hs = 4mins job. .....

Rtd dependz on how advanced.

Sorry but this can all be done in matters of minutes.(I already have everything but still from scratch 1hour max)

1 hour max, yes. And then ofc we will have to disable the server logging same as most maps forces us to, because the script will CRASH all the time.

Still, even if it was 1h, there are so many productive things you can do instead... Like playing a video game for example. Yeah, I prefer that :P

Just saying it doesn't take hours and hours.

And if you script properly it will be fine.

Don't take it as an insult or attack towards you but it's not true when you say it takes sooo much time and fucks your logs.

If you rather play than script. That choice is up to you.

I didn't came to argue. I just pointed out a fact.