Sign in to follow this  
zero mad

Need help to start windows Cod4x Server

Hi,

I need help in starting cod4x on windows for Linux i know how to host but i want to host 1 small 14 slot server from my home computer the server starts but i cant not join my server it doesnt connect it times out i heared you need to compile it yourself i dnt know to compile so if anyone Plz can help me This will be very kind and helpful plz 100 thanks in advance :)

Ok.. it's for linux.

I've been here for a few months now so I think I've got this ;o

Click here to download the CoD4x 1.7a Linux Executeable

Replace your cod4_lnxded file in your server's cod4 directory, and don't forget to set the permissions to 777 (u+x)

You can set the required permissions either by FTP or SSH:

SSH (putty):

chmod u+x ./cod4_lnxded u+x

FTP (FileZilla):

Right click cod4_lnxded, click "File Permissions" and tick all the boxes.

Uhm, it works on Windows as well. You might need to compile the binary yourself though, source files are available here. Download the zip and unpack on a Windows machine, then run build_win32.cmd. The compiled binary should be in bin/ after it's done. Rest is exactly the same as on Linux.

Just a note - your home computer is most likely behind a NAT, if so, you will need to forward corresponding ports in your router.

Uhm, it works on Windows as well. You might need to compile the binary yourself though, source files are available here. Download the zip and unpack on a Windows machine, then run build_win32.cmd. The compiled binary should be in bin/ after it's done. Rest is exactly the same as on Linux.

Just a note - your home computer is most likely behind a NAT, if so, you will need to forward corresponding ports in your router.

Bro problemis i dont know how to complie plzif anyone can give me compiled version or if someone can help it will be really thankfull :)

Ok.. it's for linux.

I've been here for a few months now so I think I've got this ;o

Click here to download the CoD4x 1.7a Linux Executeable

Replace your cod4_lnxded file in your server's cod4 directory, and don't forget to set the permissions to 777 (u+x)

You can set the required permissions either by FTP or SSH:

SSH (putty):

chmod u+x ./cod4_lnxded u+x

FTP (FileZilla):

Right click cod4_lnxded, click "File Permissions" and tick all the boxes.

Bro i want for windows on Linux i know :( Plz can anyone help to compile for me it will be very helpful

Bro problemis i dont know how to complie plzif anyone can give me compiled version or if someone can help it will be really thankfull :)

I already wrote, you need to click build_win32.cmd. For it to work you need to install MinGW first though.

If you feel too lazy, use this.