QueNNch

[How to] Report a hacker properly

When reporting a hacker or any unacceptable behaviour to IceOps you need to remember that you need to follow these 3 steps:

✓ Get his/her GUID

✓ Have PROOF (typically a demo/screenshot)

Fill up the Report Form and put it in the 'Report a Player' section.

Here are detailed instructions...

gnome_screenshot.png Taking a screenshot

Spoiler

Taking a screenshot can be useful for getting proof of players who use abusive language.

To take a screenshot, enter in console:

/screenshotjpeg

Another way to take a screenshot is inserting a bind in your config, by entering into console:

/Bind F12 "screenshotjpeg"

This gonna take a screenshot every time that you press "F12"

The screenshots that you take, are gonna be placed here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main\screenshots" Well, this is the default location.

TouTNo3.png?1 Making a demo

Spoiler

The reason behind making a demo is so that if said player tries to appeal admins have proof that he was infact hacking (also remember to keep your demos short and to the point). Any kind of sufficient proof is needed. Demos are CoD4 generated recorded files which have the extension dm_1

They can be checked by anyone else :)

To Start And Stop recording

START RECORDING:

2i27o93.png

STOP+SAVE THE RECORDING:

2dliu0l.png

Tj1dSu6.png?1 Finding and checking your demos

Spoiler

If you recorded the demo in the hardcore server or the high xp softcore server, you can view them in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty 4\main\demos

If you recorded the demo in one of the promod servers, deathrun servers, obsecurity server or zombies server, they can be found in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty 4\mods\\demos

If your version of CoD4 has not been bought from steam(i.e. a retail version), replace "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\" with the folder your game has been installed.

Checking your demo is in my opinion required, by checking your demo you are making sure that the proof you have gathered is referable (easy to see that the the player is in fact hacking.)

Easiest convenience is Cod4player (link below)

15n0uop.png

cLFqqui.png?1 Getting the GUID and contacting an admin

Spoiler

Make sure you get the GUID of the player you are reporting. 2 easy ways to get GUID:

1. Go to www.iceops.in/Servers to get the GUID of any player playing on IceOps servers.
  2. By entering $ministatus in console. Press Shift+Tilde(console key) to open full console later.

This is important because the GUID enables admins to ban any player even if he/she is not playing.

If an admin is not online on steam or teamspeak,

Submit a report by copying the report form from here: iceops.in/index.php/Thread/30-Report-form/

and make a new thread in this subforum: https://iceops.in/index.php/Board/25-Report-a-Player/

Teamspeak Address is iceops.co

7nmlZTT.png?1 Want to make a ban appeal instead?

If you think you have been banned unfairly, you can make a ban appeal in the Ban Appeals section @ appeal.iceops.in

The public banlist is available at banlist.iceops.in

MOFrFDv.png?1 Don't know where to upload?

Upload the demo file by attaching it to your post.

You may also use any 3rd party file hosting website if it is safe and malware free.

t7TzclN.png?1 DOWNLOADS LINKS:

Teamspeak 3

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Cod4 Player

http://www.cybopat.net/vb_cod4player_eng.php

Disclaimer: These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by IceOps of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. The IceOps Community bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.

Credit to @Grezwal for writing some of this tutorial and providing images

(Modified for IceOps)

// Update 1: Ported for new forum

// Update 2: Fixed broken links, changed the layout, order of instructions, added more stuff.

// Update 3: Added info about using $ministatus in GUID section, minor layout changes.

// Update 4: Added how to take a screenshot

// Update 5: Ported for new forum again

// Update 6: Did some corrections as we have switched to .co domain

Edited by QueNNch
Compatible with new forum

With stuff added:

Finding your demos

If you recorded the demo in the hardcore server or the high xp softcore server, you can view your demos in

If you recorded the demo in one of the promod servers, deathrun servers, obsecurity server or zombies server, they can be found in

And a pretty nice empty Spoiler ;p

// Updated with information on finding the GUID of a player and a link to the banlist.

Added a short disclaimer :3

Nice. Anyway, the sole thought that such disclaimers are nowadays required makes me lose faith in humanity :<

Well not really, all the people I have made appeals on I used ministatus, I have a scrap of paper that contains guids of ppl I reported and had suspicions on.

Well not really, all the people I have made appeals on I used ministatus, I have a scrap of paper that contains guids of ppl I reported and had suspicions on.

Yeah added that, and made some more layout changes so people read :P

I think you should remove xFire link since the service is down :P

Hehe done that :P

At least we will now have detailed reports now *fingers crossed*

"Now" ?

Mate the thread was made 1.5 years ago. But who bothers to read it :whistling:

On 5/21/2014 at 8:28 PM, QueNNch said:

Tj1dSu6.png?1 Finding and checking your demos

If you recorded the demo in the hardcore server or the high xp softcore server, you can view them in

If your version of CoD4 has not been bought from steam(i.e. a retail version), replace "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\" with the folder your game has been installed.

Checking your demo is in my opinion required, by checking your demo you are making sure that the proof you have gathered is referable (easy to see that the the player is in fact hacking.)

@The Annoying One