Sign in to follow this  
Twix

What happened to the maps?

Hi, I came back to iceops recently, and have noticed there are only about 7-8 maps in the rotation at the moment. Maps like indipyramid, jurapark, glow, and dirt to name a few (hell I'd even take sm_world) appear to not be on rotation anymore. Were they removed for any particular reason?

Apologies if I missed a thread mentioning this but I skimmed through the stickies and saw nothing about it.

He's definitely NOT been undercover for a while.

Also , I've suggested a few times to try and get saw back on. I can just hope now.

I do miss some of the old maps , but the thing is the server doesn't even have some of the newer maps.

Guest DeltaMX

saw crashes the server.

Deathrun 2 is mainly the server with new maps and stuff.

Guest Ares

Isn't it a script error that could be easily fixed?...

Isn't it the mapper's job to do that?

Xenon's made it clear he won't complete it, since a lot of people have requested it on the server I thought ya'll might take 2 minutes to take a look and see if it can be fixed.. Geez, sorry for listening to what your players want and suggesting a solution, obviously not how you work around here

Not one most likely. And not in one map either, pretty much every deathrun map's scripts are trash...

But if thats so (I don't doubt it) then why are a ton of maps gone now? I played a good few months of 1.2 and back then most of, if not all of the maps on 1.1 worked the same on 1.2.

Oh, and look what a quick run with developer enabled has revealed

a73d23e8e1cbfb7f9bf324962ba8e7c5.png

We know how to find the problem. We know how to fix it. But the whole point is, each map has a lot of errors and there are lots of maps. Which means a lot of work :P

Also, as Ares pointed out, isn't it the mapper's job? Testing your own map with developer before releasing takes like what, a few minutes?

What I'm saying is, Saw is the map that is most commonly suggested for rotation in my experience. I'm not saying to fix every single deathrun map, only this one since so many people want it.

Also this map wasn't released, it was leaked which is why there's an error. Xenon (the mapper), has said several times that he won't fix/finish the map however it is very playable as it is with the error removed. Not demanding you fix it, just suggesting you do to improve the player's experience and make them happier/more content with the server. I'm only trying to help you out here.

Guest DeltaMX

There are plans but this will take time so I need to finish what I have.

There are plans but this will take time so I need to finish what I have.

This might be an unnecessary bump but just want to say thanks a lot for adding more maps! They're great and I've yet to see any problems with them.