Sign in to follow this  
Synd

[WIP] mp_deathrun_village

Hi, this is my new map I'm currently working on called mp_deathrun_village. This map is based on a dark and dreary town.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ne231mx9ei7d072/mp_deathrun_village.rar

Author of map: Synd

Map name: mp_deathrun_village

Map size: Huge

Traps: 7

End rooms:Sniper, Knife, Weapon, Rpg.

Difficulty

traps: 9

1. Moves radiation zone randomly throughout the first pathway

2. Giant earthquake that lasts about 30 seconds

3. Spins some brushes 360 degrees forever

4. Sinks some of the platforms in the water, causing it to be very difficult.

5. Spinny floor in the water, nothing special

6. Part of the construction zone breaks

7. Some more of the construction zone breaks

8. A really hard trap, with 3 brushes that move crazily.

9. Moves some brushes up and down, makes the 8th trap even more difficult to time.

Secrets: There will be quite a few secrets, I would say 10 or so, and a big easter egg/secret. (lots of explorable area, this is why there are so many secrets.)

Pictures

iPIie.jpg

i4liN.jpg

nkjtK.jpg

wCopk.jpg

I may still add a tornado to the map :)

Please report any bugs, :D

Guest Spoof

and a big easter egg/secret

This pleases me greatly :D

Good luck with your map Synd, I'm sure it will be fun!

Looks great, I like the exploring aspect. Planning to keep the rain? Because...fps pls

Not sure how viable it is but I like little puzzle secrets in deathrun maps, maybe try something like that to break away from all the CJ ones.

But srsly it looks awesome. gj

and a big easter egg/secret

This pleases me greatly :D

Good luck with your map Synd, I'm sure it will be fun!

Yes, this will definitely fill the void that Caelum left us.

Looks great, I like the exploring aspect. Planning to keep the rain? Because...fps pls

Not sure how viable it is but I like little puzzle secrets in deathrun maps, maybe try something like that to break away from all the CJ ones.

But srsly it looks awesome. gj

The rain doesn't do much to fps, but I might take away the rain, because it really doesn't fit in. As for the CJ secret, that is not at all what I have in store for you all. :)

Maybe a weird suggestion, but wouldn't it be nice to have a pathway that is hard and one that is easy yet longer?

It would be a pleasure for all the noobs to be still able to finnish the map.

But ofcourse you will implement some secret that would be a shorter but harder path that we don't know of (yet), so it is just a shot in the dark :).

it's my fault for not explaining myself. This will in no way going to be a codjumper secret, or a way to pass the map easily, what I was going for here was a sort of ''scavenger hunt'' type deal. Basically, with all of the open parts that I'm adding to this map, It would give players a reason to explore the map and find cool little funny easter eggs. So no, this will not be a normal boring gay codjumper secret in a deathrun map, it will be a secret to have a nice laugh, and to keep playing the map!

Guest arj

Please add "arj's path", which will be short and easy, and only I will be able to get in there. As I like to finish map, as a noob.

My prediction for gamechat during this map;

noob

b42

stop wasting time noob

go!!!!!!11!one

die pls

omg noob what are you doing!

play map or kick, i know admin

Maybe a weird suggestion, but wouldn't it be nice to have a pathway that is hard and one that is easy yet longer?

It would be a pleasure for all the noobs to be still able to finnish the map.

But ofcourse you will implement some secret that would be a shorter but harder path that we don't know of (yet), so it is just a shot in the dark :).

Never a good idea imo, there's always at least 2-3 people in the server that are 'pro' and would be able to do the hard way every time. Thus making it unfair to all the average players as they'll never be in with a chance of coming first

THEME: A team of Jumpers crash land a Helicopter, and they need to escape this town. The activator is setting off deadly traps to try and destroy these unwanted Jumpers. The jumpers must fight there way through the entire town, and take down the activator once and for all.

Endrooms:

Knife

High jump Sniper

Slick Race

High jump Weapon

Classic/old

Any other suggestions? Please tell me!

THEME: A team of Jumpers crash land a Helicopter, and they need to escape this town. The activator is setting off deadly traps to try and destroy these unwanted Jumpers. The jumpers must fight there way through the entire town, and take down the activator once and for all.

Endrooms:

Knife

High jump Sniper

Slick Race

High jump Weapon

Classic/old

Any other suggestions? Please tell me!

Slide room cough

Guest arj
What about a room where the jumper and the activator beat each other to death with a pointed stick?

5 damage per hit :P

It will take longer than in that "minigun-terminator" room :P

Just in case you haven't seen on moddb here are some serious issues with your map:

Lots of randomly placed prefabs doesn't looks good.

Random rain effect in the middle of map doesn't really make much sense, should continue it throughout the map.

Most of the traps don't make much sense, try give some meaning to them.

Once you get out of the 'village' area you have just used a bunch of brushs which doesn't look good.

You rooms need reflection probes as they are red.

As far as i could tell you cant re-enter a rooms?

You forgot to comment out deleting the other room triggers so you can enter all the other rooms whenever.

I would suggest try making a dr map with just floating brushes so you can get an idea of how to make good traps, then move on to adding detail.