Sign in to follow this  
Guest DeltaMX

Server expansion

Guest DeltaMX

Hi,

We are thinking of expanding our clan into new game(s) so we thought of some games that might be appealing to a large amount of people.

So we thought of Garry's Mod and CS:GO and would like to see your feedback if we opened one of these (or both) servers.

If you have any other suggestions please post here (We won't host servers which are from other CoD series or require a DLC)

Thanks for your reply in advance.

What u mean with resource? I've my own MC server and Its not that hard to handle. Once you've made the groups and permissions it's just mining :D

It's only when u have a server for 64 players. If u have a server around 20 player u have enough with 1.5 GB.. CPU I have no clue.

I rent from http://offensiveservers.nl/minecraft-servers-hdd/

Nothing bad with it. 640 Mb enough for 5 players. But I think not many players will be on it. Only forum visitors.

Guest DeltaMX

You should also consider that we also host other servers which require RAM so it makes a difference with 1.5 GB for one server.

Minecraft servers only require lots of RAM when there's lots of entities or stuff (Which nearly never happens), don't think they have a problem with CPU ( Maybe with Mods added, I don't know, will get back to You on that matter)

And the size of the World will not be really that huge (Won't exceed 1 GB, unless You go crazy)

Anyway, don't have history with Cs:GO, but I've seen Garry's mod and it seems fun

Reef ur right. BUt if there's 20 players on the same time. U want to play without lag. And minecraft servers does have alot of lag with much players on it.

And minecraft servers does have alot of lag with much players on it.

Then it is very CPU hungry as well. You get only lag when the frametime can't be kept below the 1/FPSRate time. This usually happens when the CPU can't kept up with the software.

CoD4 servers would start then to happy lag as well then.

Reef ur right. BUt if there's 20 players on the same time. U want to play without lag. And minecraft servers does have alot of lag with much players on it.

Well, yeah, but it only needs like 2-3 GB of RAM ( Might be wrong though, since I've seen some hosts use that for 20-25 players) then it just depends on server location, ping,.....

Maybe to host private MC server.

you need to be whitelisted to join so no one would ruin stuff or steal places and such.

Mod survival of course

That would be nice ( Not sure if that is what Ninja intended but would be fun)

One problem. If there is someone breaking rules it's hard to get him banned ( only administators could do it).

But the MC server isnt choosen yet xD

OP: Garry's mod would be great but MC to