Sign in to follow this  
TacTicToe

CoD4 1.7a custom server issues

Ok, I have tried for days to get this to work, and cant figure it out, so I am seeking your help.

I have a CoD4 server, running the latest Windows build from here. I am looking to run some custom maps, and have the server run as ranked. I was under the impression this CoD4 1.7a allows that.

This is my setup.

Windows Server 2008

CoD4 X 1.7a win_mingw-x86-testing build 2536

Mod: Open Warfare 2 v1.45f

command line: C:\COD4\cod4x17a_dedrun.exe +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 74.91.121.81 +set net_port 28960 +set sv_maxclients 32 +set ui_maxclients 32 +set sv_punkbuster 0 +set fs_game mods/ow2 +exec server.cfg +map_rotate

Maps and redirects are setup correctly. The mod and maps downloads off the redirect fine. I have these lines in my server config file.

seta ModStats 0

seta sv_showasranked 1

set sv_pure "0"

Server still shows in browser as modded and not ranked. Any ideas?

First of all can you please edit your config with these codes instead of your one as provided in this topic:

// Authorization
set sv_authorizemode -1
set operatorpass ""
set sv_showasranked 1

// Master Servers
set sv_master1 "cod4master.activision.com"
set sv_master2 "cod4master.iceops.in"
set sv_master3 "cod4authorize.activision.com"
set sv_master4 "cod4master.infinityward.com"
set sv_master5 "cod4update.activision.com"
set sv_master6 "master.gamespy.com:28960"
set sv_master7 "master0.gamespy.com"
set sv_master8 "master1.gamespy.com"
set sv_master9 "clanservers.net"
set sv_master10 "scanner1.gametracker.com"
set sv_gamespy "1"

Then can you please tell me that if the server is sending heartbeat to cod4master.iceops.in & cod4master.activision.com

Then please reply with the result.

All the heartbeats are going well according to your console....btw u can disable gamespy, I mean change the gamespy value to 0 because it is dead now. Does your server still shows modded not ranked in the server browser???

btw can you please provide me the mod link which your using with the custom map you want to use it with...

That will make me easy to understand where the problem is....

Try set sv_showasranked "1"

Instead of seta sv_showasranked 1.

Also, there's no use of this dvar in 1.7a

+set dedicated 2

Done and done.

Well this masterservers are junk and most will never work. Master heartbeats goes to Activisions master without doing anything.

The show as ranked thing doesn't work with CoD4X-Client.

What does that mean? It doesnt allow me to create a ranked server using custom maps? Or should I just not use your client to play? Should I delete all the master servers from the config?

Is it possible to have a ranked server, running custom maps with the CoD1.7a server or not? I'm confused now.

// Master Servers

set sv_master3 "cod4authorize.activision.com"

set sv_master4 "cod4master.infinityward.com"

set sv_master5 "cod4update.activision.com"

set sv_master6 "master.gamespy.com:28960"

set sv_master7 "master0.gamespy.com"

set sv_master8 "master1.gamespy.com"

set sv_master9 "clanservers.net"

set sv_master10 "scanner1.gametracker.com"

set sv_gamespy "1"

This is junk I think. I doubt there is any masterserver in this list listening for CoD4-Heartbeats.

sv_gamespy is a cvar which did never exists.

These ones are valid but are set anyway without doing something:

Thanks Ninja, but that doesnt help with my problem at hand. I dont have any issues with the server appearing in the browser. It does. The problem is getting the server to run custom maps but still remain ranked. I need to know if there is a mod I can run, or will any mod work, that will allow me to run custom maps, and still appear in the browser as a ranked server and allow people to play with their ranks and loadouts like it is a ranked server.

It this possible?

If so, what mod should I run and what commands should I use? The current mod and commands are not allowing my server to be appear ranked.

Ok I think I understand. It will be a ranked server, BUT it does not work with the client you released? I have to go back to the original exe for the game?

Edit: Ok, seems the iw3mp.exe is not the right file. What do I have to do to un-install the CoD4X-Client?

Thanks

Ok, I got it working!!! Yay! Thanks Ninja and all.

Now I have a new problem. I do not know if it is the server or problem with the maps. There are some custom maps that give me this HUGE red X thing in my face and you cant see anything. It is not all, just some maps. And always as OpFor, never as a Marine. mp_summit is one map that comes to mind.

Does anyone know of any kind of fix for this? It may just be a map issue. In that case i may need to make a mod iwd to fix it? I am currently running no mod. My mod is a blank folder.

Thanks again guys!!

Server is working now. Unfortunately I had to run a mod to make all the custom maps work. When using a blank mod folder and custom maps, I would get a huge red X in the players face for a missing texture. running just open warfare mod seems to fix that.

Now for some reason, it does not appear in the master server browser. I thought it used to, and thought this server made that happen even if it was modded. I can see my server fine if I put it in my favorites list. Shows all the server info, ranked, pure, map name etc. Server appears on the iceops master server list, but not the official list. Running latest updated copy.

I checked my server using a COD4 server audit.

audit.jpg

Any ideas?