Sign in to follow this  
ReborN

Banned at IceOps promod server - ReborN

Hi there good people of IceOps!

I've been playing on your promod server for over a year now with some exceptions of breaks here and there with some buddies of mine, for an example today I was playing with Schney. We were on ts and all (while respecting fair play and not abusing ts to tell where players are) , as always we were enjoying our time until I've got banned. I was accused as a wallhack user. Now, this isnt my first time getting banned, I've been playing this game for quite some time mainly on pubs because I never had enough time get really into its hardcore competitive gaming but I know my ways around the maps, including the guns.

Obviously I am here to tell everyone that I am not a hacker, I never was, and I never will be.I up right hate cheating in any games, I tend to go for the hardest difficulties too. After talking with the admin who banned me, I realized that sometimes we, experienced/veteran players can do plays that we cant explain how or why, but we have success in some scenarios and we call this game-sense or simply an instinct.

I watched the demo that the admin recorded, and honestly I do not see what the problem is ... in fact you can clearly see that I am not using a third party cheating software but instead I relay on 3 basic things, which are : my own sense, sound and vision (provided by my : game experienced brain, headset and glasses).

I understand that these days cod4 is pretty much trashed with hackers and flaming but the remaining legit and honest players should be treated like water in the desert and that is why I ask you to remove my permanent ban because I did nothing wrong, except played the game with a buddy, and wrecked some people in a video game :) hurrey, I am evil, I know.

Thanks for your time !

With bunch of regards:

ReborN

Guest EpSiLoN :)
perm

ReborN

85b7425f

promod snd

wh <- He is one of SCHNEY's IRL friends. They were on teamspeak when I banned ReborN, and then SCHNEY proceeded to flame me (you can check server logs @15.00cet+1) saying I was retarded and what not. So he is definitely gonna appeal I am sure. The flame might result in me temp banning SCHNEY because he doesnt seem like he is stopping <- will update later.

demo

Hi Reborn,

you're right when saying most of cod4 servers are floded with hackers and it does happen that a "pro" player, but new to the server, might get banned as it seems in your case.

Mistakes do happen and we try our best not to ban innocent players.

Now, after watching the demo, I do not think you are using wh. The reason why I think so is that, in many situations of the demo, you would have played differently when you were using wh.

On the other hand, 2 kills in the demo I can only explain with really being lucky ;)

But most kills are legit since it is S&D and one knows where players are heading. I turned the volume up and heard players where you then looked and killed. However, your aim is always on spot which could either be skill or considered hack.

At last, my vote goes to unban you. Now you have to wait and see what other members think and judge the demo made.

Meanwhile I would like you to be patient and thanks again for the friendly appeal.

My Best,

Look

I have watched the demo a few times now, and I have to say that I stand by my decision. There are sequences which I cannot explain, and I too have a lot of experience both with playing this game competitively and catching people cheating, and I simply can't explain how these events happened. And I know people do random stuff, I do that myself, but these are just too random for me. If it isn't hack (which I believe it is) it would have to be randomness of a proportion that I haven't seen in a long time, combined with ceveral coincidences happening at the same time for this not be a violation of the rules about 3rd party programs.

EDIT:

Setting the volume to EXTREME height(hurting my ears :() helped a bit. And to be fair I think Lookout might have a point. I still think there was something wrong, but the evidence is probably not good enough in this case. I'm still convinced though.

Thank you for your mature point of view and explanations.

Before I start explaining a couple of situations, I would like to let you know that I was playing with sound even though I was on ts3 but with a gaming headset as well as a gaming mouse, and it does make a difference.

I watched the demo again and there are probably 3 sections where things were a bit weird to most of you. The first one probably happened on mp_citystreets when I was on attack and I tagged the enemy scope behind "grass", next to A house, then shot him again right away even though only a portion of his red hat was visible.My explanation is simple, a lot of people use that spot as a defence scope thinking they are invisible, but they arent, and I got used to spot people there, especially because for some reason I always feel like there is somebody. You can see what I mean if you watch where I aim most of the times.

The other 2 happened on mp_wintercrash where I rushed down along "b long", killed an enemy AK, self explanatory, then I went through "link" to the front of "light house/gadget house" and threw a nade up into the air that landed on top of it and killed Schney. This one is a bit more confusing but I can explain it. I dont know how or why but me and Schney can smell out each other, probably because we played 2 years together, and we know each other's spots but that wouldnt be a reasonable explanation right? Well, there is an easier one. When I past "link" you can hear his movement close by. Though I didnt know if he is upstairs or at "glitch" but I took my bet on upstairs. After I threw the grenade, you can clearly hear him reloading his scope too, when I heard that I was sure hes dead, thats why I didnt bother rushing up or something, instead I was just casually looking around for more enemies.

The other one, right before I was banned, I rushed up to A house and when I reached the middle, I heard AK fire, and my senses told me that its coming from "link", its a popular AK spot+I even had a quick second to look up at the radar and I saw a red dot around that spot. Quickly switched to deagle and spammed a bit, then went to the top to scan for threats but heard scope fire coming from the sandbags general area, looked out and bingo, easy shot even for deagle.

You also have to understand that I did not play the game for 2 months thats why my movement is so jiggly and blocky, but suprisingly my aim was better than excpected. A scope usually relays on his reflexes and aim-sense than real aim.

I also spent quite some time learning spots for scope, and rushing with aku, so the shots I made arent surprising for me.

Thank you for your time and effort :).

ReborN Wah! What a Ban Appeal. And coming to the point, You are suspicious player. You can be a pro or a hacker. But I think you should get unbanned because if you are a hacker you will get caught some other day.

ReborN Wah! What a Ban Appeal. And coming to the point, You are suspicious player. You can be a pro or a hacker. But I think you should get unbanned because if you are a hacker you will get caught some other day.

Meh more work

POST #300

giphy.gif

I meant if he is really a hacker he doesn't dare to fight for unban. Cuz he has mistake on his side and if he is a hacker he will get caught soon. Hacker can't hide for long. I wrote that because I can't confirm whether he's a hacker or not so I thought he should get a chance to prove he's not a hacker. I just can't judge him. I left this matter to more experienced players.

I meant if he is really a hacker he doesn't dare to fight for unban. Cuz he has mistake on his side and if he is a hacker he will get caught soon. Hacker can't hide for long.

No, they learn mate.

BTW @savior how long are your demos, 4,8 MB lmao

I cant really tell if thats wallhack, doesnt seem like it to me.

I think a fair decision would be a unban.

Sorry guys, I didnt know there was a format to follow, usually there is one on every forum, but I was browsing through quickly and didnt come across one, so I just wrote it on my own but I dont think you may need anything else than the things I wrote :) . If you do, then my apologies.

I am looking forward to an unban because I dont like it when there is dirt on my name, whether its my nickname,gamertag or real name, I just have to clear myself, so I can sleep well at night(?).

I dont blame you, because your job is to be suspicious, especially since you are talking to/about a player that was accused as a hacker and was permanently banned, so I dont mind the salt.

On another note though, I think the best way to explain all in general and to sum it up, I was just having a good day, shots were connecting and I was on a roll, but I was unlucky enough to be overwatched by a respectively doubtful admin. Everyone has these days, and ... "those" days too when the complete opposite applies, and I am no exception.

I meant if he is really a hacker he doesn't dare to fight for unban. Cuz he has mistake on his side and if he is a hacker he will get caught soon. Hacker can't hide for long. I wrote that because I can't confirm whether he's a hacker or not so I thought he should get a chance to prove he's not a hacker. I just can't judge him. I left this matter to more experienced players.

Even hackers appeal their bans. Just read the last 4-5 appeals. It's actually kinda funny.

I meant if he is really a hacker he doesn't dare to fight for unban. Cuz he has mistake on his side and if he is a hacker he will get caught soon. Hacker can't hide for long.

No, they learn mate.

BTW @savior how long are your demos, 4,8 MB lmao

I cant really tell if thats wallhack, doesnt seem like it to me.

I think a fair decision would be a unban.

I concur with the fair decision, I will just have to do better next time.

to look up at the radar and I saw a red dot around that spot.

This is another thing that botheres me in generall: In spec mode, or at least in the demos, we do not see uav (if in gameplay present).

There is no UAV in promod. :P

to look up at the radar and I saw a red dot around that spot.

This is another thing that botheres me in generall: In spec mode, or at least in the demos, we do not see uav (if in gameplay present).

There is no UAV in promod. :P

I think Lookout meant to say the Radar, not UAV.

I dont really know what more to say, I think there is no use for words on my part, but there is another thing I want to support my back with, again. Its the topic of LAN and competitive players. They do even more weird things than I did, more frequently with better aim and with quicker reactions. Prompted I am not one of those, but sometimes small people walk around with larger dongs than their counter individuals.

Again, I had a good day and I was on a roll.

MixR, Nitro and myself think he should be unbanned (3 votes)

Savoir and Epsi think he should be banned (2 votes)

Would be nice if there were 2 more opinions.

My honest oppinion tells me that he was cheating, but my logical and fair sense also tells me that if there is this much doubt regarding the demo I would have to go for an unban and then just get more evidence if possible.

Guest DeltaMX

Unbanned.

little tip for the future try to write smaller posts so people are more encouraged to read it.

Brahahahaha looks like that team does not like inCub players hahahaha !

The flame might result in me temp banning SCHNEY because he doesnt seem like he is stopping

Hahahahahaha I am dying.