Sign in to follow this  
TheKelm

New Server - ARMA 2: DayZ

Hi,

We will most likely have a new server soon, that will be a server running the ARMA 2's DayZ mod (not to be confused with the DayZ standalone). We don't yet know when exactly (and if) the server would start, dedicated servers for some other games proved to be unwilling to cooperate :P

If you don't have ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead (required to run the mod) but would like to play - ARMA 2 Complete Collection is on Steam's sale for another 20ish hours for 6€. Click here for Steam's game page. The sale is now over.

Until December 2 for 4€: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4639/

Well you can see if you can find something cheaper here than on Steam:

http://www.kinguin.net/catalog/category/index/name/a/

You will need Arma2 - Operation Arrowhead

Also you will need Arma2, however you can most likely download somewhere else (I have not tested this) if you know how. ^^

There are packages which contain maybe both games - you will see.

Have fun and see you ingame!

[update]

The server is not 100% ready yet, but just letting you guys know that it will be running the Epoch DayZ mod, downloadable here (or just use this tool to install it).

[update 2]

The server is up and running, IP and port - 176.31.106.44:2301. Make sure you join with the DayZ commander! (link in the previous update)

Both are the same arma 2 dayz mod still required operation arrowhead if you read the page its just another way to download the mod and i hope it wont be vanilla DayZ.

I would suggest epoch dayz mod.

Well, I was not talking about the requirement. I was talking about the client. I know ArmaIIDayZMod is actually using Arrowhead's client and files but it has a unique clientid. And it's also possible to play DayZ Mod with launching the actual ArmaIIOpArrowhead client. I was asking which one is we are going to launch to play on this server...

Edit: I may be the only one confused about this. Someday if I can understand, we can remove these useless posts ^^

Well again you can use both all you have to do is add the ip of the server to dayz commander and you can connect but id the server is running epoch it will only be able to run through dayz commander unless you add a parameter. But both can connect.

But is the mod going to be running vanilla DayZ or other mods like epoch ect because vanilla isn't as fun recently and receives A lot less attention than epoch.

Hopefully you'll see today ^^

But is the mod going to be running vanilla DayZ or other mods like epoch ect because vanilla isn't as fun recently and receives A lot less attention than epoch.

Well I'm definitely looking forward for it.

What time will it be up? Could I possibly get the the ip ready to connect?

What time will it be up? Could I possibly get the the ip ready to connect?

As soon as it's ready the IP will be posted in this thread. Can't give you an ETA, we are working on it atm.

Not sure if that is ever going to work.

Well we try to get the mod working since Sunday. But well no success yet. Game waits clients enter lobby and you can start to enter the game as well. But then it stuck on a screen "waiting for authentication", "Retrying authentication" and similar messages. Finally it falls back into the lobby. So for us it seems like it doesn't work out of the box with the available files.

Likely we would need help of somebody to get this stuff to work.

Guest arj

just being curious, how resource-demanding is arma server comparing to cod4? (ik, lolquestion)

Seems fun, but still would've chosen the SA simply because the mod is slowly but surely deing.

I can guarantee you as soon as the vehicles are implented on the SA the playerbase will grow immediately.

But I guess the costs are different aswell, it's pretty expensive to host a server in the SA.

Wouldnt stop me from playing on the server though.