Sign in to follow this  
Down

Alright, Suggestions incoming.

Alright, we all know that Deathrun is Indeed one of our populated mods at this moment.

Still the head-admins are not really interested in updating the mod though,

I know it requires alot of work, but you'll gain more players by doing so.

My first suggestion is to bring calling a free-run back into the mod,

This is orginally placed in there to give the activators a chance to knife them,

as most of the people shoot nowadays and with plus-minus 20 players shooting on you

It's pretty much impossible to get a kill.

Also the reason why the freerun got removed is due people calling a freerun yet they could still activate.

But it's possible to fix it, and I believe it's still an improvement.

My second suggestion is to put someone in charge of adding new maps and thus keeping the mod up-to-date,

There's still alot of maps that havent been added yet, (I know some of them may crash the server).

I dont know if there's anyway you could get acces to deathrun 1.3 as it's not publicly released yet

I dont mind paying a little to help you guys get 1.3, it has alot of new features such as prestiges.

This would make the server more populated too, as there's like no server aside from raid with 1.3.

Feel free to make more suggestions, I will add them here if they're good enough.

Take your time to read this, Delta,Kelm,Ninja.

Guest EpSiLoN123456789

3. As far i know 1.3 is not an official update Of braxi, ppl who have that version just modifed the 1.2.

4. Some plugin like Shop :P

:)

3. As far i know 1.3 is not an official update Of braxi, ppl who have that version just modifed the 1.2.

I dont find shop necerssary, as it just allows you to buy upgrades.

As for the 1.3, like I said it didnt got publicly released, but it's still there regardless if it's released or not.

Guest EpSiLoN123456789

I dont find shop necerssary, as it just allows you to buy upgrades.

As for the 1.3, like I said it didnt got publicly released, but it's still there regardless if it's released or not.

you have 2 choices ,first make the 1.3 yourself, second wait for an official doWnload :)

We could make a rule in which people cant call freerun without choosing it at the start.

Well Raid doesn't use 1.3 its a custom mod made by lossy I believe.

NNJ has told me that he is currently working on a custom deathrun mod but i assume it would take awhile because it is very hard to do.

And I agree with having a person to get new maps.

We could make a rule in which people cant call freerun without choosing it at the start.

Well Raid doesn't use 1.3 its a custom mod made by lossy I believe.

NNJ has told me that he is currently working on a custom deathrun mod but i assume it would take awhile because it is very hard to do.

And I agree with having a person to get new maps.

They disabled calling a free-run it's there but it's disabled.

They should enable it again, because I miss the feeling of killing 8 persons with a knife as activator without having to worry about getting shot

and so do many others.

I don't play deathrun anymore but if I still did, my preference would be:

Suggestion #

1. Disagree
  2. Definitely agree, but who's got time?
  3. Deathun 1.3 AFAIK really needs a lot of work not even being in Beta. As fisher said, Lossy made his own version called "raiddr" and he had to work a LOT on it. It took him a fairly long time to make it what it is today. Unless NNJ or Delta has the free time to work on those features and ideas it doesn't seem to become a reality.

Suggestion #

1. Disagree
  3. Deathun 1.3 AFAIK really needs a lot of work not even being in Beta. As fisher said, Lossy made his own version called "raiddr" and he had to work a LOT on it. It took him a fairly long time to make it what it is today. Unless NNJ or Delta has the free time to work on those features and ideas it doesn't seem to become a reality.

Disagreeing without giving a reason, wouldnt have expected less ;)

Suggestion #

1. Disagree

Well I thought it was obvious. The point of deathrun.

You should see this video, map maker @Darmuh explains it really well:

This has been a long long debate in the past, and the response from the community was to get rid of freerun, as clearly it encourages players to play without traps. You might know the common trend in the mod in the past: "free for sniper". That's bull, because most maps without traps are nothing.

Even BraXi agreed with it (along with most of the community on the braxi.org) and because of this preference, braxi removed freerun from version 1.3

Suggestion #

1. Disagree

Well I thought it was obvious. The point of deathrun.

You should see this video, map maker @Darmuh explains it really well:

This has been a long long debate in the past, and the response from the community was to get rid of freerun, as clearly it encourages players to play without traps. You might know the common trend in the mod in the past: "free for sniper". That's bull, because most maps without traps are nothing.

Even BraXi agreed with it (along with most of the community on the braxi.org) and because of this preference, braxi removed freerun from version 1.3

That's THEIR opinion, not the player's opinion.

I bet I can guarantee that 80% of the players agree with enabling it again.

The other 20% are the ones who made the mod,

and braxi herself hates deathrun all together so counting her opinion is bs

Most maps without traps are nothing?

Ha, it's funny because it comes from you.

Anyhow, It's still up to the activator to choose wether he gives a free-run or not.

Now all the people HAVE to activate or get shot anyway.

About the video, it's again solely HIS opinion.

Even though I do understand where you're coming from,

The fact that they disabled it in 1.3 does not mean that they have to disable it in 1.2

as it's better to leave the mod the way it is anyway.

I just wanted to put my point across, that's it, and thanks for respecting my opinion.

I don't play deathrun anymore, so it doesn't affect me. You are the community on the iceops dr server so it's better that you decide what you like ^_^

I like trap activation also but again you would need to enforce such as activator must activate traps. Maybe if there was a script to determine if the player was killed by a trap ans would therefore give more xp.

I play deathrun from time to time. I am a tryhard as activator, pissing everyone off.

I have to agree with Quennch that nowadays there is just way too much free run.

Therefore, I would vote against it.

I strongly favor your second suggestion though! :)

well I agree with you,we need more new maps and i can give list of good new maps if you willing to add some,and the freerun option wouldn't cause anything anyway and it's more fun to play with hands ;p,anyway i have the 1.3 sources i bought them from braxi but it has a bug that when you enter sniper room it gives you an empty hands :/,so maybe someone could fix that or something to use that version maybe.

Yeh. I have seen videos that the mod includes shop. It is awesome. And something else. When a player dies, he's bored waiting other players to die or win the round. So you could add a snake plugin on the server (s). I have seen it many other servers my friends play.

I play deathrun from time to time. I am a tryhard as activator, pissing everyone off.

I have to agree with Quennch that nowadays there is just way too much free run.

Therefore, I would vote against it.

I strongly favor your second suggestion though! :)

Still the fact remains that you two dont play deathrun often,

I havent seen you once there in the past 3 months,

All I see you two playin is Obscurity.

From time to time means not often. I just thought I give you my opinion to your suggestions, despite the fact that I don't play deathrun often.

Haven't seen you there either, so far Rocky, MixR and V. I play other mods too, just not that often as Obscurity ofc. ;)

From time to time means not often. I just thought I give you my opinion to your suggestions, despite the fact that I don't play deathrun often.

Haven't seen you there either, so far Rocky, MixR and V. I play other mods too, just not that often as Obscurity ofc. ;)

When you're on once a month no wonder you aint seein me

I don't mind helping nnj out with iceops modified version as he's helped me out in the past with so many things and i have yet to repay that favour, but it is up-to him!

Also quennch the reason it took me a long time is because the only sources I had to was the GSC code & the tables like ranks, sprays etc.. (grabbing that via gsc code and putting it into a log file) then having to remake the rest myself and grab models from old forums that no one use. If you have sources it's pretty easy to edit, if you have the correct sources and i'd advise not using 1.3 since it's a really unstable version imo

Alright, we all know that Deathrun is Indeed one of our populated mods at this moment.

Still the head-admins are not really interested in updating the mod though,

I know it requires alot of work, but you'll gain more players by doing so.

My first suggestion is to bring calling a free-run back into the mod,

This is orginally placed in there to give the activators a chance to knife them,

as most of the people shoot nowadays and with plus-minus 20 players shooting on you

It's pretty much impossible to get a kill.

Also the reason why the freerun got removed is due people calling a freerun yet they could still activate.

But it's possible to fix it, and I believe it's still an improvement.

Funny fact is that i did activate the Free run option for 1h in our 1.2 server the other day. Most player didint like it. I also do vote agaisnt with probably a few players in the server.