Sign in to follow this  
Booza

Deathrun no rotaion!?

The map rotation had been removed due to complaints regarding overplayed maps.

Though i have noticed that it seems like the same few maps gets chosen like; glass_2, blackandwhite, dragonball and glass_3.

Thanks for a quick reply MixR :D

I thought i would be from over played maps but as you said still some maps are still being overplayed.

And MixR how do you add the Picture at the bottom of the message?

Booza :D

Guest Spoof

I've been AFKing in deathrun for the last few hours and there's yet to be a repeated map (10 maps so far). Now, with the previous system you'd be lucky to go 5 maps without playing at least one map twice. The current system is much better.

For those interested the maps have gone: Iceops, Semtex, Rainy, Iwillrockyou, Skypower, Digital, Detained, Tribute, Gooby, Meatboy.

I'll AFK there for a little while longer, see if I can be bothered to stay until I see a map repeated.

Fine if theirs not going to be a rotation which i can live with, but i would prefer a rotation.

anyway can you at least add a command such as !nextmap or something just to determine which map we'll be playing next! And can we make it assessable to everyone?

@Booza Many people don't realize this but IceOps don't use B3 or Manuadd so it is a lot harder to add custom commands.

I think a script should be introduced where if the map where to be played say 6 times in the one day it should be removed from the rest of the day.

Problem is it seems very hard to do.

Honestly I see a very hard problem to solve. Removing the rotation was the best solution available.

Yea it would be useful to add "Next Map" notification so players won't wait to know what is next map,I know we don't use B3 or Manuadd but hope it can be done somehow .

Guest Spoof

I think Booza, Mixr and Armalite mean how it used to be when they say map rotation, i.e. choosing from a selection of 6(?) map choices.

I'm not sure which Rocky is referring to.

But there's no doubt it works better now; it's considerably more diverse and enjoyable to play.

Guest Spoof

Well,It randomly pick maps if you meant that.

It's not random. It follows a fixed and predetermined map rotation.

Well,It randomly pick maps if you meant that.

It's not random. It follows a fixed and predetermined map rotation.

So you stayed afk until you figured that? :P

Well that is called voting. It is turned off because I got complains the server keeps playing the same 6 maps over and over. I thought it should fix that but not sure. As you still complain to see always the same maps. There are maybe 30 maps on rotation however.

Honestly, I miss the rotation ! I find that we play the same maps more oftern when in rotation. For example: mp_dr_blackandwhite, mp_dr_buggedlikehell,mp_dr_glass2+3 and many more.

That's my opinion but......

Guest Spoof

I think the reason the maps: Glass2, blackandwhite, etc... are playing so much more frequently than others is because when someone changes the map it perhaps resets the rotation (starting with glass2, then blackandwhite, etc...).

I think the reason the maps: Glass2, blackandwhite, etc... are playing so much more frequently than others is because when someone changes the map it perhaps resets the rotation (starting with glass2, then blackandwhite, etc...).

Well what ever the problem is... I still think that they are oveplayed and gets boring in my opinion.