Sign in to follow this  
{cool.G} ingre

CoD4x server + Linux

What NNJ said. I use Ubuntu for our server and Arch Linux for the desktop.

Some people however prefer CentOS, it's up to you really. Search for features that make them different from each other (like rpm or deb based) and choose the one that suits you the most.

You don't need a graphic card for your server btw. If you're just going to use CLI only, then you can just as well take it out.

What NNJ said. I use Ubuntu for our server and Arch Linux for the desktop.

Some people however prefer CentOS, it's up to you really. Search for features that make them different from each other (like rpm or deb based) and choose the one that suits you the most.

You don't need a graphic card for your server btw. If you're just going to use CLI only, then you can just as well take it out.

can you give your IP

i want test

your server run with PC linux?

because i use my OLD pc for SERVERs

only servers

PC

Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q8200 2.33 GHz

8GB memory

GTX 650 2GB memory

No, I'm not giving you a test shell (lol)

Our servers don't run on PCs, they run on real dedicated servers in real datacenters. However, ninja and I have both managed to run Debian on our old PCs

I myself rent a VPS. Yes I use Linux on my main PC and I can host Cod4 on it, but my internet is terrible so that's a no-go.

I can give you my server IP but except for joining my Cod4 server you can't do anything with it.

my speed net

10mb down

1 mb up

is not bad for run server

PS:but if you know which version lunux best for CoD4 game or server

thx for hel guys

It's probably 1mbit up... I have ~900kbit/sec up, horrible.

And again, it depends per person what distribution you want. Every distribution is good for Cod4, there is not one better then the other.

maybe you lost lot packets because give problem connection

but

10 mbits down

1 mbits up

is not bad

try change operator

tike more info in your city best operator

"Change operator"

As if we had not tried that yet... There is nothing better available, it's physically not possible to get any better here.

However, I will only host servers locally when I have glass fibre. 10 down 1 up is horrible. Yes it's good enough for 1 Cod4 server, but anything more gets tricky. It's also for security reasons better to host externally.

I've only recently bought a Dedicated server and was told too use Debian so.. I would recommend it because even if you don't understand what to do (which you most likely will) you can still get a tutorial on the internet.