TheKelm

IceOps server rules

Global rules:

1. No profanity,

2. No racism or discrimination of any kind,

3. No offensive language,

4. No overriding of the censoring mechanism (It is there for a reason!),

5. No exploiting of bugs (this includes but is not limited to glitching, scroll shooting etc.)

6. Enforcing of own rules will lead to a ban / loss of power.

7. Religious discussions / references are forbidden.

8. Breaking any of the above rules using voicechat is punishable the same way (includes spamming)

Removed on 9/27/2015: 9. Voice chat is banned for players below 15 years old.

10. Provoking admins\players is prohibited

Added on 9/27/2015:

11. Just in case it isn't clear: Cheating in any manner is prohibited. This includes toggling of cheat protected cvars/dvars

Added on 22/12/2015:

12. No advertising except those from IceOps.

Server specific rules:

Obscurity:

1. Play with care for your teammates. Do not fire at them in any case!

2. Do not pass gamestate information when not alive!

Added on 9/27/2015:

3. Running the game with a com_maxfps setting of 333 is prohibited

Deathrun:

1. Wasting time purposely to make other players wait is forbidden.

2. No suiciding as activator (except instructed by Clan Members)

3. Vip aren't allowed to spawn a weapon in any End Room  (Excluding OLD)

The advertise request is being debated since august, just check the forum advertise thread in the server moderation section. Maybe Zac Ninja could include that feature in the next update.

Some other thing that players are asking for, is the removal of grenade launcher and the implementation of a server ping limit.

The advertise request is being debated since august, just check the forum advertise thread in the server moderation section. Maybe Zac Ninja could include that feature in the next update.

Some other thing that players are asking for, is the removal of grenade launcher and the implementation of a server ping limit.

As of removal of the GL you have my vote, but the ping limit is not likely to get implemented as we have members from all over the world, I don't think we want to block them.

Anyway, all depends on how big the limit would be i guess.

As of removal of the GL you have my vote, but the ping limit is not likely to get implemented as we have members from all over the world, I don't think we want to block them.

Anyway, all depends on how big the limit would be i guess.

Ur right. I didnt thought over that factor. Also some ping spikes due to various circunstances, could imply a kick of general low ping players.

Removal of GL would be great, since many people get annoyed by it.

Concerning the ping it wouldnt be good since many players and some clan members have a relatively high ping.

Martyrdom isn't a big issue on Softcore since nearly nobody uses it as far as I know, but I don't know if it used in Hardcore.

martyrdoom, 3xnades and rpg perks are already removed in what concerns the softcore server.

I agree Poseidon but gl is really irritating. And this thought may change player to player. This is a controversial subject...

Don't you even think about removing my grenade launcher! :(

Well if you played on SC yesterday... I was being spawn - tubed. All the time. And if i somehow managed to get away there was an airstrike / camper / nade / heli waiting for me...

This also brings up another subject, teams balance. Even when one team is pwned so hard they can't even spawn, the other team players can't change the team + we don't have any autobalance feature on...

This also brings up another subject, teams balance. Even when one team is pwned so hard they can't even spawn, the other team players can't change the team + we don't have any autobalance feature on...

There is autobalancing on. The original autobalance doesn't work so great, I know. The teamswap preventation has a really good reason. Kill all the teamswitcher who always try to switch to the winning team. Before we had teamswitch disabled there was often the balance of 13 vs. 5 players on some gametypes. Only because some players can't lose.

hey,

i play often at the softcore-server. Regarding the gl-issue iam detached. The problem for me is that some players use gl and a votekick started against them. Atm they dont know why, because server rules say yes! What should i do as server moderator? Giving an advice that gl is allowed and they have to stop votekick against using gl or let it go? This is a question of principle...

For me: votingsystem=democracy! But democracy works only based on rules (server-rules!). A voting should not cancel the rules! A solution for this problem is quite difficult. Having the opportunity to deactivate the gl in extraordinary cases (f.e. @killhouse) might be one solution for me as moderator. How do u think about that?

BTW: Admins do u use rcon miniadmin3-tool for server-hosting?

Greetings GroOvY

hey,

i play often at the softcore-server. Regarding the gl-issue iam detached. The problem for me is that some players use gl and a votekick started against them. Atm they dont know why, because server rules say yes! What should i do as server moderator? Giving an advice that gl is allowed and they have to stop votekick against using gl or let it go? This is a question of principle...

For me: votingsystem=democracy! But democracy works only based on rules (server-rules!). A voting should not cancel the rules! A solution for this problem is quite difficult. Having the opportunity to deactivate the gl in extraordinary cases (f.e. @killhouse) might be one solution for me as moderator. How do u think about that?

BTW: Admins do u use rcon miniadmin3-tool for server-hosting?

Greetings GroOvY

It's hard to talk about democracy in a private server. The votesystem is supposed to help players get rid of rule breakers (e.g. cheaters) when no admin is around.

If someone spams the votes and / or starts votekicks without a valid reason you can consider warning / kicking that player as his actions might result in innocents getting kicked / banned...

okay. that means starting votekick against gl-users (or votekick-spamming)

leads to a warning against the initiator...once ...twice...and then kick.

the other point: Having an active vote system at the server leads often to malpractices...many players arent able to use it responsibly. That means votes, votes and votes gettin started all the time.... followed by swearing...sometimes it seems to escalate. Some of them arent familiar with english. This is really annoying. is it possible to deactivate the votekick in case of admin is @server?

ty fpr reply