Sign in to follow this  
Mc.Joker

New pc, Some Idea's?

Hi,

I'm going to upgrade my pc. I've already made a little list. It does not contain all the components because I will get them out of this pc.

So the list:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 Boxed

Motherboard: Asus Republic Of Gamers Z97 MAXIMUS VII HERO

GPU: Inno3D GeForce GTX 960 2GB Ultra

Case: NZXT H440 black/Green

Fans: NZXT FZ LED Groen, 140mm

SSD: Kingston 120 GB +50 euro ( getting this one in 1 or 2 months so I did not add it in the final list)

Price in total: € 758,03

Getting the stuff from this pc to that pc:

Power supply: 450 wat (don't know the name)

RAM: 8 GB DDR3 803 MHz

Hard disk: 1TB Seagate

So I was wondering about these things:

1) Should I buy new RAM? Because there are now 1.600 MHz, mine is only 800

2) Is there a way to make it cheaper by getting other components?

3) Do I have enough watt to support my components?

//Not changing the case or fans\\

Thanks in advance.

Well, for gaming an i5 is good enough, and this one I can overclock if I want. But I don't want to build a pc above 1000, unless I win 10.000 with something xD

Ps: Updated the list.

If you play any games other than cod4 (Unlike me) or just want a faster boot up, I recommend an i7 instead.

Nononono i7 arent a must. Unless you deal with heavy professional programs like solidworks, programs from the adobe suite, etc, you dont really get your money's worth as with the i7 you dont get as much bang for your buck as with the i5.

Also @Mc.Joker ,i see you listed up an 4590, which has a locked multiplier, get a 4590k which only cost a penny more (norwegian prices atm atleast.)

I dont think 450 watts will feed that system well enoug, i recommend a 650 Watt

( i kinda went overboard and got a Corsair TX850 (850 watts), will be a long time till i have to change that out! )

Okay added this power supply: Seasonic S12II-Bronze 620W

Now total price is: 825,49 euro :o

Its worth it in the long run :)

Id rather do that that having my pc crash because components arent getting enough power ^^

Or even good enough quality of the supplied power (speaking of the 12Volt rail)

Yea, I'm gonna to build it because I don't have a great GPU, but There is no room for a different gpu. So I need a new case. But my Motherboard does not go in other cases.

SO I need to buy a new motherboard. and Then I htought I can buy a new CPU too.

Yea, I'm gonna to build it because I don't have a great GPU, but There is no room for a different gpu. So I need a new case. But my Motherboard does not go in other cases.

SO I need to buy a new motherboard. and Then I htought I can buy a new CPU too.

Ah, btw NZXT H440 is sexy as f <3

Maybe i need to buy a new motherboard aswell, i have connection issues which does not let PCIe wireless cards connect to my network, also it softbricked my phone as it just hung at 0% when i tried a firmware update, meanwhile my laptop worked flawlessly. Then ill get rid of my old amd cpu and get a better intel CPU aswell, but first ill wait for the Norwegian currency to become stronger because everything is more expensive now because the Norwegian Krone fell alot in value.

I got around 600£ to spend on parts atm :D

MixR has got it all right^^

So I was wondering about these things:1) Should I buy new RAM? Because there are now 1.600 MHz, mine is only 8002) Is there a way to make it cheaper by getting other components?3) Do I have enough watt to support my components?

My answers:

1. No because it wouldn't give u much of a boost considering the cost!

2. If u really wanna save money then u could change the motherboard to a lower/older model. Or maybe not buy a new motherboard at all.

3. No. You need more power. 600W is ideal.

Also u don't need to upgrade to i7 at all just like MixR said. I have an i7-3770, and see minimal advantage over an i5 in terms of gaming.

Maybe this motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Sniper B6

Instead of the Asus one?

Reason why I would change it:

I'm making my pc with a green/black theme. And this motherboard has green and greenLED

And second it cost 110 euro's less so that would be great But I don't know if it's a good one.

EDIT: Nvm, made op my mind I'm going for the g1. sniper

Well, for gaming an i5 is good enough, and this one I can overclock if I want. But I don't want to build a pc above 1000, unless I win 10.000 with something xD

Ps: Updated the list.

I'd advise you not to overclock your CPU. I had an i7 octa-core and tried to overclock (what a noob -,-). Well, it broke down... It costed about 1000€. Tell me what to do!? I have an i3 now *-*

Nope :( I am saving for it but I earn around 200/300 euro a month. so It's not going that fast and I have a vacation soon with my friends. So I think it takes a while

Sick, With case is that? I think I wanted that one too,

And motherboard?

case: Sharkoon T28 Black/Green Midi Tower Windowed Chassis w/ USB3.0

motherboard:Gigabyte H97-HD3 Intel H97 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard