Sign in to follow this  
Prime

Obscurity-adding modes

Hi guys,

I noticed that there are other modes of obscurity other then elimination.

There are hq,armory and some others...I suggest we add these to the obscurity server it's kinda boring only elminiation all the time.

So it's simply adding them with each map changes the mode changes as well like this map elimination the next map hq and so on.

Great idea, is this possible though?!?

Well I talked to Ninja he said yeah it might be possible so that's why I post thread to discuss about it.

Kenai is a great player and the point of the game is to have fun even if you get killed.

Sometimes in DR I keep falling and falling lol still I don't complain about it :P

Might actually get into obs then, not very fun for me especially with @Kenai playing >.>

The most advanced weapon technology against Kenai is simply... Ghost.

Worked for me, hehe.

About other modes - Yeah, I also might get into it.

Might actually get into obs then, not very fun for me especially with @Kenai playing >.>

The most advanced weapon technology against Kenai is simply... Ghost.

Worked for me, hehe.

About other modes - Yeah, I also might get into it.

Naw, Nothing of that magnitude can harm me, as long as I focus.

And I can be fun to play with(sometimes).

And as for the Modes, I dunno about HQ. The only other 'Mode' I know about that's like Obs is another mod Snakelet and Falcar created called 'CovertOps' that I liked to play when it was on my old clans server.

Still a fan of the Elemination Obscurity mode as well as 'Old School Obscurity'. Though I'm open to new game modes I guess.

Sometimes in DR I keep falling and falling lol still I don't complain about it

So you just say variants of "fuck", "fk', and "FUCK" for fun then, yes? :D

I thought the mod makers stopped supoorting other game types. But if we want too I think it's better to start a new server with new gametype.

I thought the mod makers stopped supoorting other game types. But if we want too I think it's better to start a new server with new gametype.

As far as I know it works with older versions of the mod so if server must be run for it....it will be in old version of obscurity mod I guess.

Afaik, the last version of the obscurity mod does not support the other game modes OR crashes the game. I can't really remember where do I remember it from but I'm quite sure it was something like that

However, if it works, it'd be great to have some different modes to play

Afaik, the last version of the obscurity mod does not support the other game modes OR crashes the game. I can't really remember where do I remember it from but I'm quite sure it was something like that

I don't really remember anymore. But there must have been a reason I removed the other gametypes in first place.

Thanks to the from @Ninja and @Prime We have finally found the good version too play it.

obs_armory is working. Here is proof:

[attach=2253][/attach]

Here is the obs version so u can watch the demo:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/98vhvkzv5i9rhdd/mp_obs299c_fix+(1).rar

Put the files in the mod folder. in a folder called obs_test

then make a folder called: demos

there u put the demo.

You are very welcome I am glad to see the armory mode is working but unfortunately hq and others are not working.

But still I am glad to play at least another mode of the obs...armory is fun as well and hopefully we manage to make server with it :)

Damn, awesome! I had no idea that other mods for obs exist lol, can anyonr explain what are those HQ, Armory etc mods? Thanks.

can anyonr explain what are those HQ, Armory etc mods?

obscuritymod.com/forum.php?thread=742

Can't wait to play/test it with you guys! Looking forward to it! :thumbsup:

oh, thanks mate! :P