Sign in to follow this  
Prime

Obscurity-adding modes

Update:

If u have installed/downloaded the obscurty mod(the version I've provided). You can set different gametypes. I will show you how:

1. load the mod

2. open console and type:

/g_gametype

List of gametypes:

obs elimination:

/g_gametype obs_elim

explanation:

Elimination is round based and pits a small group of obscurity against a group of marines (Server setting, usually 1/3 ratio). The objective is to wipe out the other team, and without any spawns this can prove difficult. One single and cunning obscurity can wipe out the whole team if the marines do not play smart, and if they do it will still be difficult. Once everybody from one team is dead, a new group of obscurity are picked at random from the players who were marines previously and the next round begins. Once the round limit is reached, it’s time for the next map.

(above one is active on the server)

Obs headquarters:

explanation:

Headquarters is similar to the stock version, with a few small changes. The obscurity are randomly picked every 5 minutes during gameplay. Marines score points while the HQ is captured, and the obscurity score points whilst it is not captured. This gametype is usually pretty full on and hectic, with marines dropping left, right and centre. Work together though and you shouldn’t have much trouble capturing those points. A great mode for Hustle and medic perks.

/g_gametype obs_koth

obs armoury:

explanation:

Armoury is similar to HQ, in that the marines must capture the armoury. The twist is that marines only start with a pistol, but can end with a horde of 10 main weapons and grenades. Everytime an armoury is captured, the marines are randomly given a weapon and a grenade, which they can stack up to acquire a nice assortment of weaponry. You lose your weapons when you are killed, but it is good to keep in mind that you can pick up weapons from your downed teammates. This mode is kill based, so it is important for obscurity players to do their best to keep the marines away from the armouries, and stuck with their pistols.

/g_gametype obs_arm

obs vip:

explanation:

The name pretty much says it all. One player on the marine team spawns as a pyro-suited, flamethrower wielding VIP. He has many incendiary grenades which he is immune to, and a flamethrower that is good for burning flesh. The only catch is, he must survive the time limit. Once he dies the marines lose, so it is in their best interest to keep the obscurity players away from him. Taking the VIP down is not an easy task though. As an obscurity it is best to go for the wounding stabs on the VIP such as gutting, crippling and throat slashing. He will take a number of stabs to drop, and can ignite an obscurity on fire fairly quickly, making it an easy target. This does not mean you should avoid taking out the marines, as they will be sure to medic VIP as soon as they can to get him up and running again. This is possibly the most hectic mode, but very rewarding to watch a pyro battle with the all new flamethrower.

/g_gametype obs_vip

obs mario:

explanation:

It’s-a-meeee-obscuriteeee! We needed to inject some humour into the mod, so Mario mode was created. The gist of it is based on the elimination gametype, but has some big changes. Obscurity players must leap onto a marines head to kill him, whilst the marines can only stab to kill an obscurity. Marines camping under a roof or something low can result in them slowly dying, encouraging them to move about once more in areas where the obscurity has a chance to land on them. This mode is very funny and has enhanced sound effects exclusive to the gametype. A recommended map for this gametype is Countdown. Now go kill those Goombas!

/g_gametype obs_mar

NOTE:We have only tested: obs elemination, obs headquaters and obs armoury.So other gametypes could not work.

3. set the map by: /map mp_(mapname)

Might actually get into obs then, not very fun for me especially with @Kenai playing >.>

The most advanced weapon technology against Kenai is simply... Ghost.

Worked for me, hehe.

About other modes - Yeah, I also might get into it.

@Kenai wil hate me for saying this... But you might even be able to make him ragequit.. Get pull firemode and pull him up to walls and stuff. (^^,)

Might actually get into obs then, not very fun for me especially with @Kenai playing >.>

Worked for me, hehe.

@Kenai wil hate me for saying this... But you might even be able to make him ragequit.. Get pull firemode and pull him up to walls and stuff. (^^,)

Nope. Not even the mighty Wall Pull works anymore.

Worked for me, hehe.

Nope. Not even the mighty Wall Pull works anymore.

I can't believe what I just saw! You started to be immune to it? I still remember your favorite phrase when I was using Ghost/Tank/Pull ~

• "Pfft, really?" ~ Kenai

[align=center](Copyrighted phrase belongs to the rightful owner)[/align]

I can't believe what I just saw! You started to be immune to it? I still remember your favorite phrase when I was using Ghost/Tank/Pull ~

"Pfft, really?" ~ Kenai

@DavidO and/or @Kenai I will purchase that quote from you <3

Making a new server will be against us and may decrease the number of players in the 1st server, but adding the mods to the same obscurity server would be better.

Nah I don't think it will be against us also we can't add them to the 1st server I guess so new server must be also we can play both but the same mode all time long is boring so when you get bored go to the 2nd :P

1ste @Leto We can't add the gametypes to the other server. Because we don't have any modders in the clan. Second, it is a test server for CoD4X18. So to test if it all works. not a real server.

The mod we are running on the test server is an older version of the one running on the normal server.

It is just a test-server for ninja so he can fix bugs if they are found.

To be clear:

This is a test-server of CoD4X18 with an older version of the mod Obscurity. It has more gameplays but it's missing other stuff. Ninja want's this test-server so people can find bugs and report them so ninja can fix them.

The normal server with the newest version of Obscurity will stay that way. there will be no changes to that mod.

I just want to add to this, that I've tried several other modes for Obscurity. I was playing on a server which tried the same and it failed horribly. I am definetely up for a new test, but as far as I'm concerned, elimination is still the way to go. Elimination is just a very satisfying experience if you succeed. I remember the modes featuring fast respawning, even as obs, which made you play crazy as fuck, in a bad way.

Sigh, for the last time I will explaine:

This mod runs on the test server for CoD4X18, what ninja made so people get a new and not crackable guid/uid by using steam.

Because there were people saying that they want new gameplays on obs we used this server. We used it because ninja could get feedback. As bugs etc... It will not be an official server for IceOps, but it''s a test server for CoD4X18

Guest Rydzu

Nothing will make you less and less people will play the obscurity I play six months program guides are probably 2 months funny mod but it already is with mods get bored quickly ;)