Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Jayster

Cod4x Question

Hey there guyes

I have recently downloaded Cod4x from iceops.in and i have done all of the auto updates and everything but i have a question.

When i am in my steam menu and cod4 is open it is saying that i am playing Mw3 Dedicated server. Is there any way that you can change that so it says that you are playing cod4

If there is no way dont worry it was just a question and a thing that i noticed.

And also another problem, When i join somones game that has cod4x it brings me to the cod4 on the steam store so that i have to buy it. It does not put me in a game with the cod4 that i have already.

Hope you can help

Kind regaurds

noNstoP

When i am in my steam menu and cod4 is open it is saying that i am playing Mw3 Dedicated server. Is there any way that you can change that so it says that you are playing cod4

No you can not change this. It's done this way so that even people who own the retail version of Cod4 (so not the Steam version) can still use Cod4 with Steam. If it would be Cod4 instead of MW3 dedicated server, then people without the Steam version would not able to use Steam, as you require to buy Cod4 from Steam. However MW3 dedicated server is free, so this is sort of a workaround.

And also another problem, When i join somones game that has cod4x it brings me to the cod4 on the steam store so that i have to buy it. It does not put me in a game with the cod4 that i have already.

Do both of you own the Steam version of Cod4? You sadly can't join people via Steam that have the retail version of Cod4, only the ones who do own it on Steam.

Yes everything right so far what PureTryOut said.

What you can do is to click the down-arrow on someone's name who is playing that. It will show you a menu where it says "View Game Info". Viewing it will give you information about the current server including the address the user is on. You still can manually connect to this address. Well not so comfortable...

No you can not change this. It's done this way so that even people who own the retail version of Cod4 (so not the Steam version) can still use Cod4 with Steam. If it would be Cod4 instead of MW3 dedicated server, then people without the Steam version would not able to use Steam, as you require to buy Cod4 from Steam. However MW3 dedicated server is free, so this is sort of a workaround.

Do both of you own the Steam version of Cod4? You sadly can't join people via Steam that have the retail version of Cod4, only the ones who do own it on Steam.

I own the retail version so that might be why then. Thanks for your help and loving cod4x so far !!