Sign in to follow this  
Gamer96

Installation problem

Hi all,

I used to run iceops 1.7a for mys server, almost 1 year ago. Today I've download latest one from https://github.com/IceNinjaman/CoD4X17a_testing/tree/master/bin

When I run cod4x17a_dedrun.exe for the first time it should update and download some files but its not happening and showing this error.

Why connection closed by remote host 176.31.106.44:80 ?

UxxynD5.png

Because of Kevinos sending DDoS

Other cod4 hosts also DDoS me but I simply just block the IP who is attacking me with DDoS. Its easy to find out which IP is continuously uploading/downloading huge data & packets

True, you can block some IPs, but there's "no escape" when it comes to botnets and around 30k different IPs or more from all around the globe... You simply can't stop such attacks...

But will we be able to auto-update somehow in the future? Without downloading to our pc and then uploading to server?

So sad..... :( This ain't the patch I once knew. I got 0 ms ping when connecting through localhost ip (127.0.0.1) and my friend Ripper got 12 ms ping. when server was hosted by iceops patch. But now with this ((https://iceops.in/update/priv/releases/1.7/basefiles/753/linux/main/xiceops_00.iwd)) I get 5 ms ping and the same friend 23 ms ping. Its the same ping hosting without iceops patch. Iceops patch help reduce ping. But now in this case its not. Because I cant get the full update.

How does Cod4X improve your ping? It doesn't make your servers internet any faster...

Some how it does. If you are hosting with the full updated patch,then you will see the difference. Iceops 1.7a patch can help reduce ping :thumbsup: that's the only reason I wanna use iceops 1.7a patch. I wish for the full patch please @Ninja :(

Well of course only Ninja can tell, but I do not believe it improves your connection in anyway.

But why is that the only reason you want to use Cod4X? How about no-collide through teammates, admin system, plugins, etc, etc?

Well of course only Ninja can tell, but I do not believe it improves your connection in anyway.

You'll see when I get my hands on the full patch ;)

But why is that the only reason you want to use Cod4X? How about no-collide through teammates, admin system, plugins, etc, etc?

lol I've forgot about anti block and other stuff :P been so long I haven't used 1.7a

no create xiceops_00.iwd

There is the latest version. No it has no magic which improves your ping. Maybe it measures it different at one version but that does not change your effective latency at all which is at least a sawtooth function ranging between 0ms and 50ms.

I confirm What Gamer96 said

I don't know how but its true, my ping improves was "ping 25-30" after using 1.7a patch in all my servers I have now "ping 9-12"

maybe there is magic :whistling:

I confirm What Gamer96 said

I don't know how but its true, my ping improves was "ping 25-30" after using 1.7a patch in all my servers I have now "ping 9-12"

maybe there is magic :whistling:

Well there is this "Differential Service" field which is getting set in the IP-Header to "Expedited Forwarding" value. However I have read many borderrouters clear this value when packets traverse them.

This would however not give you an advantage on a local network. Also I don't know if it has an effect for anyone. At least it has not an effect for me on my own server.

If anyone is willing to install a version without this value getting set - let's try it ^^

From my side

after we use 1.7a patch on all our clan servers, all our members notice that there is improved with their ping 15 -20 Less + Less lag

God blase you all for this patch :saint:

God bless Ninja for making 1.7a for WIndows and best of all, making Gameranger plugin too :thumbsup:

I've bought gameranger plugin, I know how to set pass and room description but dont know hot to set max player. Whats the command @Ninja ?

I've forgotten most of the command of 1.7a can someone please also tell me the other commands like antiblock, console name, and other stuff.