Sign in to follow this  
QueNNch

[Request]Change default theme

As the title says I want to request administrators to change the default theme to "Something Dark"

Here is a side-by-side comparison between the Basic theme(Blue temptation) and Something Dark:

cbd9cbb72a.png

Yes users can set it themselves but reasons to put it as default:

✓ Much more stylish and aesthetically pleasing.

✓ White text on black background is super comfortable to read especially when being in a dark room.

= As a result new and current(less active) forum members will spend more time on the forum.

✓ The logo compliments the style of the theme perfectly.

✓ Sexy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've added a poll, if you are reading this please vote in it.

Feel free to leave your elaborate opinion by posting a reply. Thanks :)

And I usually have my brightness on high level, so it's better for my eyes to look a black background for a long time than a white.

I prefer both blue themes more. IMO they have a friendly affect compared to the black one and are more "invinting new users to stay."

(Fyi, you can set your default themes under settings if you didn't know that yet ;) )

Off-topic: Like your new signature MinQ :thumbup:

✓ Much more stylish and aesthetically pleasing.

Depends on who you'd ask I suppose, if you'd ask me - it's the opposite :D

✓ White text on black background is super comfortable to read especially when being in a dark room.

Only if you read just a tiny bit. Read for like 10 minutes and then try switching to the other one, you'll see the difference.

= As a result new and current(less active) forum members will spend more time on the forum.

Doubt it.

✓ The logo compliments the style of the theme perfectly.

Better - yes. Perfectly? Nah.

✓ Sexy

I guess it is :P

In the end I made this thread to put forward my suggestion and see what everyone else thinks about it.

I respect everybody's opinion, the reason I made a poll :)

Edit ~ I agree @AtOm, Clearwater theme is bae but it does get glitchy at times :/

The logo was made buy @MixR and I like it.. But if anyone have something better..why not ;)

I was thinking that we should host some kind of competition for the logo with a small reward like special colour for name or something more creative. I would definitely take part.

The logo was made buy @MixR and I like it.. But if anyone have something better..why not ;)

I was thinking that we should host some kind of competition for the logo with a small reward like special colour for name or something more creative. I would definitely take part.

Forum logo << click :P

I don't see a problem here. People can change to what ever they like. So u can see it 2 ways:

1) You don't need to set it because people can change it if they want

2) You can change it because people can change it.

I don't see a problem here. People can change to what ever they like. So u can see it 2 ways:

1) You don't need to set it because people can change it if they want

2) You can change it because people can change it.

Yes, you have a point here. If someone likes a theme he can set it alone. ;)

Logo design was kind of specified by Ninja.

Here was my first draft (rejected) :

0qKIKMj.png

0qKIKMj.png

Oh..I like this logo Mix look really nice ;)

0qKIKMj.png

Yes it's very nice but small :(

0qKIKMj.png

That was just a sample size, the size for the logo is easily ajustable.

0qKIKMj.png

That was just a sample size, the size for the logo is easily ajustable.

Hm, so it's very nice.