Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Cod4 CDKey

Well, if you have bought cod4, it won't allow you to transfer it to other pc by usb due to copy protect. Even you find a way to install it there and put YOUR cd key, every time your friend is online and you try to connect to a server cod will say you that key code is in use.

If you copy cod4 in a USB and give it to ur friend, only the game files are copied, NOT the key you enter in it.

Share your CD key code with your friend, it won't become cracked. However you both can only play on cracked servers at the same time.

(you both can only not join an original server(which are rare these days) at the same time)

There are a lot non cracked servers. But well populated and non cracked servers are rare.

In retail version of CoD4 the cdkey was stored somewhere else but not in CoD4 gamefiles. But I'm not so sure. There is also the appstore version - which does maybe not even run on a different Mac. I don't know.

I might be completely wrong here because i'm not sure and it could be completely different on mac but here is my observation.

Many games use the Windows Registry to store CD keys and i'm not sure if Cod4 is the same but i suggest removing the profile from the files when the game is placed on USB it should wipe all preferred settings including the CD key.

I could be completely but lucky for you someone can confirm/disprove(positives of using a forum) it.

They do everything with plain text files.

Plain text files? Doesn't Mac OSX just doesn't work entirely different? Since it's Unix, it has no registry of any kind at all right?

I'm interested to see though where it saves the keys...

They do everything with plain text files.

Plain text files? Doesn't Mac OSX just doesn't work entirely different? Since it's Unix, it has no registry of any kind at all right?

I'm interested to see though where it saves the keys...

Just like he said, plain text file somewhere deep in the game files (probably also with some other extension than .txt)

Ok thanks guys.

CLOSED

p.s (sorry i just always wanted do to that)

:D be patient and maybe one day you'll really do this :)