Sign in to follow this  
AlpHA

A system which helps the players to communicate with admins/moderators would be good.

Well, many cheaters are online when no moderators/ admins are online. That's a problem. So users should know who is admin, who is online and, if no one is, they should be able to call one.

1) I have seen servers which have a command that is like !admincheck and says if the user is an admin.

2) There is another command which is like !online and says to the player if an admin is online.

3) Finally the vere known command !calladmin . The player adds the name of the player who wants to report and a quick description. The system sends a message / email to all the admins/ moderators and... may the faster win :P

All the above are simple server plugins found very easy and, of course, free. I have created a poll. Please vote but first read EVERYONE IN THAT THREAD!!

Thanks for your time ^-^

First number would totally screw up the undercover procedure.

Furthermore, if an admin isn't online, it is not nice to see hundrets of E-Mails per day, just because someone needs an admin. Honestly, noone would even bother opening all those mails. Players would probably use this function otherwise, too. For example, "ah this map is boring, let's call an admin." In addition, one could also say "yeah, but somebody else took care of it."

The best way which has proven solid, too, is to use the shoutbox and/or xfire and steam to contact a moderator who is online at that time.

Sorry for this "negative feedback," but I just see more disadvantages with this sort of system/procedure. ;)

P.S.: You forgot the option "none of the above."

First number would totally screw up the undercover procedure.

Furthermore, if an admin isn't online, it is not nice to see hundrets of E-Mails per day, just because someone needs an admin. Honestly, noone would even bother opening all those mails. Players would probably use this function otherwise, too. For example, "ah this map is boring, let's call an admin." In addition, one could also say "yeah, but somebody else took care of it."

The best way which has proven solid, too, is to use the shoutbox and/or xfire and steam to contact a moderator who is online at that time.

Sorry for this "negative feedback," but I just see more disadvantages with this sort of system/procedure. ;)

P.S.: You forgot the option "none of the above."

Yeh, you opinion about 1 is right. I added the 'none of the above' option. Well, I think it could be somthing that rule that says what are the cases calladmin should be used and, if there were an abuse we could ban for a time perion the abuser.

No no and no. We shouldn't let any player know that an admin is online or not because that will make cheating ingame even easier.

Think through a cheater's perspective:

1. Joins the server clean...
  2. Uses !online and checks if admins are online...
  3. None are online, so injects hacks, boom!
  4. Someone else joins the game...
  5. Cheater uses !online again to check if he is admin, which he is!
  6. Cheater turns hacks off and plays dumb.
  7. Therefore cheater is never caught.

No no and no. We shouldn't let any player know that an admin is online or not because that will make cheating ingame even easier.

Think through a cheater's perspective:

1. Joins the server clean...
  2. Uses !online and checks if admins are online...
  3. None are online, so injects hacks, boom!
  4. Someone else joins the game...
  5. Cheater uses !online again to check if he is admin, which he is!
  6. Cheater turns hacks off and plays dumb.
  7. Therefore cheater is never caught.

[/quote

Doublepost cuz I wanna emphasise why !calladmin is also a bad idea:

1. Cheater is aimbotting like crazy...
  2. A responsible citizen does !calladmin
  3. Cheater sees that in the chat...
  4. Cheater leaves the game!
  5. Therefore cheater never caught.

Damn... That's right :P

PS:Thanks :)

P.S. @AlpHA its nice to see your concern about the issue of cheaters and trying to come up with ideas. Please don't take offence because I disagree with them (and I hope most clan members will), its nothing personal against you. Again I say I appreciate the effort you make in contributing to IceOps.

P.S. @AlpHA its nice to see your concern about the issue of cheaters and trying to come up with ideas. Please don't take offence because I disagree with them (and I hope most clan members will), its nothing personal against you. Again I say I appreciate the effort you make in contributing to IceOps.

Well this is kinda wrong. Only the player self can see his commands

The hacker can do !online or $ministatus to Check admins online ( excludes the hidden admins)

Don't you know that IceOps is not using MAM or b3 , cod4x doesn't use this sort of command as far I know, I think this thread is useless

Well this is kinda wrong. Only the player self can see his commands

Oh yes in cod4x these commands are private...of course. I was assuming the situation in a vanilla server with B3/Manu admin mods.

However like Lookout I'm also not confident that a call admin system could work.

It actually can work if players are able to do !calladmin and then

there is a page on this website (e.g. iceops.in/moderate) where logged in clan members can see that message. The GUID of the reported player will also be shown.

Even better if all members get a notification every time someone calls admin. But then again all this is gonna take lots of work and time in troubleshooting.

On my own (not iceops) servers I have a command that sends a poke to all admins connected to the TS3 server.

$calladmin

If you guys are all interested in it then say so below :)

The problem is even if the command is private don't forget this is cod4 many kids play this game they will just keep spamming !calladmin !calladmin every time they die.some people wont take it seriously they just may type !calladmin j for fun ...

thanks alpha its a good idea but for adults not kids ...

@AlpHA I appreciate your effor keep it up mate ;)

I think that it would be really good if IceOps included some commands where you can contact the admins/moderators really quickly but the only problem would be like @Lookout said:

For example, "ah this map is boring, let's call an admin."

It could be really over used and some people would just spam it.

I think that it would be really good if IceOps included some commands where you can contact the admins/moderators really quickly but the only problem would be like @Lookout said:

Then we could ban the abuser. The angrier the admins are because of the spam, the longer the ban :D

Then we could ban the abuser. The angrier the admins are because of the spam, the longer the ban :D

That is very true :D

Eh, Kelm look a bit above please :P I gave that idea.

I personally love the way the admins are currently dealing with hackers using the undercover method. I have witnessed at least 3 bans in 3 weeks because of it. Honestly, the admins seem to be doing the best to their ability without making the servers the center of their lives. They have lives outside of COD4, so spamming them with emails or notifications won't help THEM at all. Plus, with the amount of admins this server has, hackers never last on a server for more than 30 minutes without getting a kick in the ass. They are actually doing a brilliant job. So, unless I'm missing something, this thread is a little useless.

Keep up the good work admins.