Sign in to follow this  
Flowinggas

How to keep IceOps alive suggestion

Hello IceOps members and active forum-users.

So I was thinking to how to give IceOps a better gaming experience.

As I quoted Ninja's post that there is a big chance that IceOps won't be alive for another 5years, I figured to make

the forums and teamspeak more active.

Put in a ranksystem for members.

This way you make people come online on teamspeak and servers much more, and get a greater gaming experience since

if you do things along with teamspeak, this will be much more fun.

for example, a rank of activity in the servers/teamspeak. Activity of those together combined makes your rank.

(This ranksystem counts only for members)

below 1000 points = black member

1000+ points = bronze member

2500+ points = silver member

5000+ points = gold member

This points counts each month.

How to reconize your rank? You can see it behind your name in forums, aswell on teamspeak.

Like this:

wash6u.jpg

(IOP means IceOps Points)

How to earn those points?

Very simple, be active.

Every 30 minutes on teamspeak gains 15 points, every forumpost gain 5 points.

When you are in teamspeak, even while you are not playing but just on your pc, you already gain points.

This way you make it possible for other players to ask you to join a game, talk, or whatever. Which make people quicker play games together.

this make people more active on forums aswell on teamspeak.

Also, almost every player have another game.

Make it able to play along in other games.

how to do that? very simple, the rank system already does, since teamspeak make people come together.

The only thing that you have to do is different channels.

And as final, to make everything linked you can make teamleaders. Every game has only 1 teamleader.

For example: COD4 = 1 teamleader, LoL = 1 teamleader, CSGO = 1 teamleader, and so on.

And to discuss the problems make a meeting on TS3 for all teamleaders together once a month ( or 2 )

This way every player starts to learn their fellow members better, better gaming experience, more activity and much more FUN!

Let me know what you guys think of this.

Well.. i have to be honest and i think it is not that of a good idea. I like your effort though to make IceOps a better place :D

But to explain my opinion;

1. Giving away ranks should have an other perk to it, like ranking on COD. Doing it for just the rank ''Gold'' Member with no benifits only suggest you are onlione alot haha. Maybe some costum skins or extra privalige.

2. Ranks should not be given by the amount of time they spend on TS or in-game. People can just leave there PC while on TS (mic, sound muted). I think ranks should be tied with the value/work/effort you give to the community.

Maybe we could develop a system where your forum/ingame rank will be higher if you could come up with great idea's that pass, more legit bans or even helping out more new people in getting to know IceOps.

3. About the teamleader... Maybe we should devide it in more subgroups. Where you have one leader for COD, but have TeamLeaders for servers. (example; IceOps|****** is the most active and knows the most about Deathrun. He becomes Team Leader of DR. Same goes for OBS Promod Hardcore etc..) Because some mods are just completely different games, but they simply look the same.

If you disagree with me, i will be glad to know :) This is just my opinion.

I like the idea but not the rank names in particular. Bronze/Silver/Gold are too cliche imo and I think they could be much more creative/funny :D

EDIT

Black => Hopeless/Peasant

Bronze => Casual

Silver => Master

Gold => Legendary/Addict

Well.. i have to be honest and i think it is not that of a good idea. I like your effort though to make IceOps a better place :D

But to explain my opinion;

1. Giving away ranks should have an other perk to it, like ranking on COD. Doing it for just the rank ''Gold'' Member with no benifits only suggest you are onlione alot haha. Maybe some costum skins or extra privalige.

2. Ranks should not be given by the amount of time they spend on TS or in-game. People can just leave there PC while on TS (mic, sound muted). I think ranks should be tied with the value/work/effort you give to the community.

Maybe we could develop a system where your forum/ingame rank will be higher if you could come up with great idea's that pass, more legit bans or even helping out more new people in getting to know IceOps.

3. About the teamleader... Maybe we should devide it in more subgroups. Where you have one leader for COD, but have TeamLeaders for servers. (example; IceOps|****** is the most active and knows the most about Deathrun. He becomes Team Leader of DR. Same goes for OBS Promod Hardcore etc..) Because some mods are just completely different games, but they simply look the same.

If you disagree with me, i will be glad to know :) This is just my opinion.

Well simply the ranks show your activity. also the system should be able to see if you are active on the teamspeak. so if you don't talk in teamspeak, you wont get points, if you talk you do. this way you cannot gain points while being afk.

( I know this is possible since I have seen it before )

And yes, how more active how better your rank how more ability you have. ofcourse there must be a limit but

I believe this can work out just fine. COD isn't the only game thats played by IceOps players

Also you can do the pointsystem with good ideas. like, a good idea that's passed 100 points or 200 points, letting people know Iceops 100 points, and all this things you can give things points for.

I like the idea but not the rank names in particular. Bronze/Silver/Gold are too cliche imo and I think they could be much more creative/funny :D

EDIT

Bronze => Casual

Silver => Master

Gold => Legendary/Addict

I don't mind what it's called, it's just the idea.

EDIT

Bronze => Casual

Silver => Master

Gold => Legendary/Addict

Peasant is not very nice...

This would possibly create a kind of competitive environment (which is not particularely positive imo) and could cause a need to be the best in those ranks

My 2 cents.

Just saying: CS:GO Competitive (what gets usually played) is a really bad game. How would that game makes IceOps popular by others. This will become the core issue once CoD4 is dead. If it is a game you don't can have a popular server almost no new people will be interested in IceOps.

I have not seen anyone new here because Kelm plays countless hours of CS:GO.

Just saying: CS:GO Competitive (what gets usually played) is a really bad game. How would that game makes IceOps popular by others. This will become the core issue once CoD4 is dead. If it is a game you don't can have a popular server almost no new people will be interested in IceOps.

I have not seen anyone new here because Kelm plays countless hours of CS:GO.

I understand what you mean but I am talking now for the community itself. if everyone playing while teamspeak on the community will be much more joy cause every1 will learn eachother.

The ranksystem is just to see how active people are

I like the way you think and it is a nice idea, indeed. However, I disagree with the execution and share the same view as @MeAgain: Quality over quantity.

The reward should be something with prestige and status (for example as it has been done for donators). Maybe an awesome design and layout of the player's profile, not only the custome title, but also everything around it (including the frame of a post). In-game it could be some awesome outfits or skins for weapons. I'm just spinning some ideas here, a detailed system has to be worked out ofc. And someone who can actually realize it (programming & design).

IMO a ranksystem should not be implemented. Rather challenges and once completed, you get the respective reward. :thumbup:

Example: Catch 30 Hackers who are successfully banned. Reward: XYZ

The more challenges you complete, the more awesome your profile looks on forum and in-game (with the option to choose what should be shown, etc.).

These are my thoughts build on your idea ;)

I like the way you think and it is a nice idea, indeed. However, I disagree with the execution and share the same view as @MeAgain: Quality over quantity.

The reward should be something with prestige and status (for example as it has been done for donators). Maybe an awesome design and layout of the player's profile, not only the custome title, but also everything around it (including the frame of a post). In-game it could be some awesome outfits or skins for weapons. I'm just spinning some ideas here, a detailed system has to be worked out ofc. And someone who can actually realize it (programming & design).

IMO a ranksystem should not be implemented. Rather challenges and once completed, you get the respective reward. :thumbup:

The more challenges you complete, the more awesome your profile looks on forum and in-game (with the option to choose what should be shown, etc.).

Good, now get out of my brain :rolleyes: we think alike :thumbsup:

This still doesnt make people know eachother more. and neither does it make people more active.

This still doesnt make people know eachother more. and neither does it make people more active.

You are partly right and partly not. You can easily scale up the challenges with team-challenges. Besides, in order to the challenges you'll have to be online. Therefore, activity will be increased bro ;) Team challenges would change the other thing :D

CSGO 'really bad'???

I mean it's such a lovely game I mean its the best competitive fps ;(

Who agrees hit that like button

its fun until you relalise the comunity is dumb as hell and buy skins for 100£ or more for certain items. And the amout of money Valve is getting from this is just too much.

also fun until you allways do the same map over and over again, buying the same gun over and over again, and doing the same tactic over and over again too win.

Also spray of weapon isnt random so its crap. people learn the spray of ak then 1shot you all the time.

3 dislikes in 3 mins which means 1d/m what a record Quennch.

Yeah man seriously I mean I thought I'd get support but had like 5 dislikes in 5 minutes after posting it :o

(and yeah I apologise to de rail the thread :\ )

in theory it sounds nice, but try to be realistic.

ranking members would be biased and would surely lead to conflicts. (e.g. XX thinks that he does more than YY, but YY has higher rank than XX), on the other hand i like the idea where member who bans the most people (and reports ban correctly) gets some kind of reward(gets $ screensay command for a month or can close threads if he is faster than lookout...)

in theory it sounds nice, but try to be realistic.

ranking members would be biased and would surely lead to conflicts. (e.g. XX thinks that he does more than YY, but YY has higher rank than XX), on the other hand i like the idea where member who bans the most people (and reports ban correctly) gets some kind of reward(gets $ screensay command for a month or can close threads if he is faster than lookout...)

Lol that $screensay for a month... He isnt talking about us admins banning people and get rewards, hes talking about the comunity in its all like non clan members and stuff.