Sign in to follow this  
Joe

Kill the King bug

Been playing KtK a lot recently, and even though it's heaps of fun, it's riddled with bugs.

The most common one seems to be random instances of not being able to sprint or knife, which can only be solved by either reconnecting or restarting COD4.

Quite annoying when you're the King or the Dog and you can't run away or chase/bite.

I've actually never came across these two problems and I've been playing quite a lot :P

It's been happening to a few people, you must be a lucky one :P

Or maybe I'm just unlucky.

none of the bugs mentioned to me happened to me. could it be player realted? and not server?

Might well be, but I don't understand why it would only affect some people :S

Happends to me too, As dog you can't run. After you've barked you can run again.

Sometimes it's as human and you have to deal with it for 3 á 5 rounds.

Second bug:

When you enter prestige one you can choose an equiment. I've choosen grenade. But it does not give me anny grenades.

@Rocky Could this be fixed?

Happends to me too, As dog you can't run. After you've barked you can run again.

Second bug:

When you enter prestige one you can choose an equiment. I've choosen grenade. But it does not give me anny grenades.

Sometimes I can't even melee attack. Makes the dog useless :/

could be settings or somthing configured that the mod sometimes dont like. i dont know i am not a pro at finding bugs that dosnt happen to me :P

Could this be a controls issue? I know the default key for melee is V, but I use MMB. This wouldn't explain the sprint issue though :/

It just sucks when you're the King and you get gangraped just because you can't sprint to cover.

Second bug:

could be settings or somthing configured that the mod sometimes dont like. i dont know i am not a pro at finding bugs that dosnt happen to me :P

Could this be a controls issue? I know the default key for melee is V, but I use MMB. This wouldn't explain the sprint issue though :/

It just sucks when you're the King and you get gangraped just because you can't sprint to cover.

I use the defaults and it still happens. You don't need to reconnect or anything, as Joker said, you just have to play like that a bit and it will go away (although one might prefer to reconnect since not being able to sprint and / or knife is very annoying)

Second bug:

I use the defaults and it still happens. You don't need to reconnect or anything, as Joker said, you just have to play like that a bit and it will go away (although one might prefer to reconnect since not being able to sprint and / or knife is very annoying)

Indeed. It's almost impossible to win when you can't sprint. It's also no fun :/

Just wanted to know it was fixable or if I'm just gonna have to deal with it.

Seen the bug a lot on other ktk servers, so not only this one, and it has happened to me multiple times, been told its caused by crouching and activating killstreaks, not sure though

So instead of quiting cod4 just type these two things in the console

/-melee

/-gostand

Then you'll be able to knife and sprint again

Seen the bug a lot on other ktk servers, so not only this one, and it has happened to me multiple times, been told its caused by crouching and activating killstreaks, not sure though

So instead of quiting cod4 just type these two things in the console

/-melee

/-gostand

Then you'll be able to knife and sprint again

This would make sense actually, seeing as I'm so used to strafe jumping that I do it in KtK. So I do crouch a lot xD

Also the typing bug. Happened on DR2 and KtK -which use cod4x. I think @Ares can explain this better.

[attach=2415][/attach][attach=2416][/attach]

This bug is caused by Steam. when you open steam you can't type normaly. Your controlls are moved, the A is Enter etc.

To fix this:

Close steam overlay. Press (left) Alt+Controll First the Alt then Controll.

Then you can type agian normaly

Another bug I experience sometime is that sometimes the camara angle changes from ego-perspective to third-person-perspective.

This normally goes away when the round is done. Anyone else had this bug, too?

It happened to me when I was the dog (most of the times).

Another bug I experience sometime is that sometimes the camara angle changes from ego-perspective to third-person-perspective.

It is an old bug, it happens as dog only i think, you can change it to ego-perspective by pressing b3

I beleive i had this but at start of the round. After being the dog. It still goes off when i start as a guard or assassin at the round start.

Also anony. searching for all tjhe maps is really anoying if you want to suggest map please insert a link too. be better.

Guys, I have experience with ktk bugs and I can name plenty more which you guys dont mention.. as well.. I know how to solve many:

If you cant run or knife, type: /-gostand OR /-melee

Predator explotion doesn't kill: Place a block under the map and move the explotion 10 units up (Z-coordinates +10)

Falling trough the map (this may occure when you drop from the delta chopper): Place a block under the map

Dog that doesn't have aim assist: Just die once.. its really annoying..

Furthermore:

I don't know if you guys block glitches, but if you do.. please ask me for help, because I know that some servers try to block glitches, but they fail haha :P