Sign in to follow this  
Fisher

Custom Deathrun

Just to clarify this isn't anything to do with IceOps and it doesn't mean it's going to be used by IceOps.

I am still very new to the modding scene of cod4 but I wanted to see what i could make and lately Deathrun 1.2 [source] was released so I decided to use it as a base for a mod of my own.

This thread is just where Deathrun players can give me opinions of what needs to be changed to make Deathrun a more fun mod to play. Obviously these points have to be within reason

so now requests for 1000 levels 21 prestige's and entire new collections of weapons. I just want simple ideas such as new pistols or bug fixes. Like I said tho im not well experienced in this

so im still learning as a go along as most do.

I have a doc which just displays features I am considering to add and feature that I have added since the 1.2 update.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1InABP8cqcWEb_bsNK5Vlia4Sp0hlvPUXke8eyyqKbJo/edit

I'd love it if every map had the same option as Apocalypse V2 has for music.

Gets boring listening to the same tracks over and over, so it'd be great if every map had an option to choose from a list of 10 or so :P

I thought that was a good idea until i realised that the deathrun_sound iwd would literally be about 100mb for 10 songs xD.

Good point.

I think new skins would be interesting though :D

In my opinion I think they would be really good improvements but along with Joe,

I think new skins would be interesting though

New skins would be good.

And also what csgo knife would it be @Fisher (just want to know :D)

Didn't think about that, there's like 20 different knives right? xD

Wouldent say 20 different knifes but camos yes !

More than 20

There's like Karambits, Butterfly Knives etc - unsure on how many variations :P

Didn't think about that, there's like 20 different knives right? xD

Wouldent say 20 different knifes but camos yes !

More than 20

There's like Karambits, Butterfly Knives etc - unsure on how many variations :P

Yea there are Karambits, Butterfly, Bayonet, Flip, Huntsman.... You get my point

But I have not play csgo for long but (Maybe wrong so correct me if so,) im sure there is not 20 different types

Since nobody else will probably do it, I'll do it for them :P

Remove the insanely accurate aim for the sniper when you no scope and also make the speed slightly slower (although I'm pretty sure it's fine just the way it is)

I think you are talking about the fast scoping on iceops.

I was just repeating what @Scott said :P

Noscoping is very accurate on deathrun. most of my kills are now just no scopes because they're very accurate :P

Since nobody else will probably do it, I'll do it for them :P

Remove the insanely accurate aim for the sniper when you no scope and also make the speed slightly slower (although I'm pretty sure it's fine just the way it is)

I agree with the sniper part. You should make it like the Jump room on Gooby. That sniper with the ACOG scope has no hipfire accuracy whatsoever; it's great (obviously don't put ACOG scopes on all snipers).

You can add throwing knives (there is script for that but would be cool to add it in the mod itself) - activator gets 0,1,2,3,4 or unlimited throwing knives, throwing knife cam be picked up by both activator and jumper.

Antihardscope- prevents hardscoping on deathrun. If you aren't able to do it wingzor knows, not sure if he will help you tho.

and perhaps RTD

Antihardscope- prevents hardscoping on deathrun.

There's nothing wrong with hardscoping, I think the main issue with sniping is the unbelievable hipfire accuracy.

and perhaps RTD

Yes please.

perhaps RTD

RTD with the chance of losing/gaining xp. Nothing to OP like jetpacks and such.

I like the RTD on maps like iwillrockyou and buggedlikehell, with things like not being able to sprint, "stealing weapons from server admins", and running out of ammo.

The speed boosts/jump height increases could be a bit too OP if they were on every map. Imagine if you got the 'energy drink' on a map like Dragonball xD

Too be honest the RTD is a plugin for deathrun dosent need to be in the mod script. I will leave these features up to the admins.

The ray gun will be op but you will need too spend a good 200 hours on the the game in order to gain it.