Sign in to follow this  
nudisti

IceOps does ban for hacking ONLY?

Hello everybody. I have noticed that on obscurity server players dont get banned or warned for anything but hacking. adverting other servers, dissing iceops or insulting other players seems to be alright. I think that you propably should get some command that would show rules of server (if there is any).

I did test it with aura yesterday. we did talk in skype and I did ask him if I could insult him to see if admins take any actions. I did insult him like 8 rounds really hard and nonstop. I told him that nobody likes him and he should leave server etc. and called him with names. some nice players told me to calm down etc. admins saw shitload of insulting messages so they did warn whole server and unwarn straight after. was that warning-warning? warning should be before ban, right? and when i said that i insulted him as fuck because he tked me, they just asked for proof.

Also, this community doesnt seem to accept using own brains. I did ask one admin if i could tk hacker when round begins IF i have proof and i have tried to get admin online (shoutbox) but nobody came in. other admins have told me that i cant teamkill hacker. WHY...? if I TK him, hacker will be forced to leave server. If nobody does TK him, everyone playing fair game is forced to leave server.

I did send many admins private message about serious problem in your admin programs. Leto and joker are only ones that have answered. Leto told me to post it to someone else and Joker did answer that problem doesnt exist and video I sent is fake. It isnt. I am Ms'D and [bC] member (1.6 clans) and there has been player doing it on my server.

admins are not allowed to ban people if they dont have 100% proof. if they are pretty sure about player did hack, why cant they ban them and if player does make good unban request, (not rage one we see everyday) you could unban him? its 2 commands..

I did ban request of a player. ban request form did say that you can use chat history. i didnt get proof, but i did tell someone to check chat history for insulting in my ban request and I got answer that only head admins can use chat history and they are busy... if nobody does use chathistory DONT WRITE IT IN THERE.

and if you now decide to start suddenly swinging your banhammer, dont begin by hitting me with it.

O, we are banning people who are insulting. But not all the time. And what's the point of banning people who are insulting?

We have a swearprotection so you would only see ******. well, I wouldn't care if someone said ***** to me.

When people are bypassing that I warn them, eventualy kick them. Then they stop.

About that vid you send me. I've dicussed that with @Ninja. He said that it works on stock CoD4 servers (1.7). We are not using that.

We only ban people when we have ENOUGH proof. Wouldn't you hate it? When you get banned on a server and have to wait 1 week to be unbanned?

We are prevent that from happening. And we get this heard alot: come server, people hacking, low person hacks etc...

When I join, I see a skilled player with no hacks. I get tired of that. Somtimes I ain't even joining anymore.

But you could always report the hacker, I would love to see them banend.

And good for you that you are in 2 clans. But don't expect from us to change all this, just because you 'know' it better.

maybe you do, but someone didnt even give me anything but fake warning for long time insulting other player. banning insulting players should be done, right? i can say them that nobody likes them without **** because your swearing protection only does protect from most usual swear words like fuck and shit. if you did discuss and then say that it works on stock servers, why dont you inform me at all? i didnt get any kind of answer. it would be nice if you had shortly explained that you are protected?

Well, sorry for not informing you. I don't know why the admin didn't ban you. I have no idea who it was.

But he would have it reasons. I for instance would assume that it's just a 14 year old raging kiddo.

Warning should be done, yes.

To the admin who was online at that point:

Use the warn system. After 3 warns there would be an automatic ban.

i dont know who was that admin, it was through rcon :) and i dont want problems to any admin. that wasnt my point. it seems like nobody does use ban option there even if they had reason. I did talk with joker yesterday online about same thing and we did agree :3 and how about that tk hacker thing? is it still forbidden and i will get ban if I do it?

there is only a few admins with rcon. And i think most of em would of done there job. So you probably didnt see the "admin" as he was using a fake name to hide himself"

Also join Deathrun for 1 min when i am playing and try insulting a few people you wont go far :D

Alright, let me straighten things out here:

1) Teamkilling hackers is not allowed because of the following reasons (and yes, tker will be temporarily banned):

• In order to get sufficient proof
  • To protect innocient, skilled players of being tked all the time

2) I don't know which admin you are talking about ignoring insults, but it isn't allowed either and will also be temporarily banned

3) Banning without proof members expose themselves of losing power / member status. This prevents members of abusing powers and lots of ban appeals, too, which we take seriously.

If you are a regular player on our servers, it is only a few clicks away to add us via steam (or xfire if applicable). Shoutbox works, too.

i have tried to get admin online (shoutbox) but nobody came in.

when ?

pretty long time ago :D but anyways i was just wondering things there. and some players do clearly have hack. like.... roccat. thats obvious if player does shoot obs through 2 walls and didnt even aim close

"could someone check player named gege and iceops really start banning for insult too?"

well this is from you 24h ago

dosnt even say what server to go too. So even if you asked people to go on, you never said what server..

he got banned by admin really fast :) and sorry about lack of server :( im bad in remembering to write server :D btw he had hack and i did ask for check him. I didnt blame him for hax like i knew it because i had no proof.

thats pretty much what i mean. if i dont have proof, i couldnt tk hacker but if i had proof, tk would be only good thing that would force hacker to leave server :D

Well I'm no member but I was online during the whole "spectacle" and I know who the admin was.

But step by step: First off you spent a bunch of time "bad-mouthing" Kenai (it is in "" because it wasn't really bad mouthing, imo you didn't insult him or anything but you just talked about how he warned you for tking and how unfair and so on and so on that was) - at this moment said admin was already online

Afterwards you write x times about why IceOps doesn't ban unless there is 100% proof of hacking - after which I told you basically what Joker said above with the reverse of the situation.

Then Aura joined and you got immediately all buddy-buddy with him ----> 20 min later you SUDDENLY started insulting him for no reason (if I recall right he tked you once after which you exploded, which in hindsight was probably set up by you)

Then you get all grumpy about why nobody warned him for tking and started insulting him even worse.

At this point (the map was District) happened the server width warning (which got immediately revoked) cuz you more or less spammed the chat with "Why am I not getting warned for insulting others like crazy?".

Sorry but even as sb who didn't know your backstory with Kenai it was clear as night and day that this was a set up to test the admin - I mean you basically incarnated an attention whore.

I am like 100% sure, if this wasn't so see-through from the very beginning, you would have gotten mutiple warnings or even a tb for your insults - as it was, not giving you any attention at all maybe wasn't the best course of action but better than just blindly do what you wanted him to do.

And let's face it: be happy that you didn't get all those warnings at a bunch later or you couldn't play right now :P

About this :

admins are not allowed to ban people if they dont have 100% proof. if they are pretty sure about player did hack, why cant they ban them and if player does make good unban request, (not rage one we see everyday) you could unban him? its 2 commands..

Banning people wrongly is more than just an "Oops, sorry"-thingy that can be solved by the unban command - playing on a server is also always an express of trust; all of the servers I have in my favs are servers on which I'm 100% sure I won't get banned without a valid reason.

Once you get falsely banned this trust starts dwindling at a rapid rate for multiple reasons:

1. If you got banned falsely once it can happen again, especially with newer clan members who didn't know you for very long

2. People who were online at the time of your ban (assuming it was while you played) will know that you got banned but unless they look here in the forum they won't know that you are unbanned - people WILL suspect you of banhopping and naturally put any kill in the "he is hacking" drawer -> even if you can convince them that you got unbanned people will always question your skill or even the abilities of the admins who unbanned a hacker.

3th ongoing the bunch of reasons the other guys posted in here ;-)

propably it was obvious test, but how about player named war? he did insult everyone really bad and nobody gave flying fuck. he told me that if he would meet me irl, he would snap my neck and be happy etc stuff?

bump* if you wanna complain get more apropiate name :c

just sain, you know, you cant just walk around our forums naked ;P

Why would u bump this :|

because i didnt see date and i arledy wrote it down so i just inserted "bump" haha