Sign in to follow this  
Joe

IceOps Mobile App?

Back on topic:

It's not possible to make same for every phone.

making iPhone app requires Mac last time I checked.

so you have to make one in PC for android and other on Mac for iPhone.

Back on topic:

It's not possible to make same for every phone.

making iPhone app requires Mac last time I checked.

so you have to make one in PC for android and other on Mac for iPhone.

I'd only be doing the design aspect of the app anyway, so I could do all of that on a PC in Photoshop - whether it's the android, ios or windows app :P

This is a cool idea but not soo useful cuz it takes a lot of time and work. And our website is mobile friendly ;)

My iPhone already has an IceOps application ;)

If people are you willing to put time and work into it, then it could prove extremely useful. Like I said, the site may be mobile friendly, but it can also be quite awkward to use on mobile at times.

My iPhone already has an IceOps application

But this is a link right? <3

Yes, basically a home screen shortcut :P

IceOps app i think that is a fantastic idea.

Question: Would it be a free app or a paid one ?

Free, of course :P

The forums cost nothing to visit on desktop/mobile currently; it would be foolish to charge people for an app that would just be a better-optimised alternative.

Don't do that. It's waste of time for nothing.

It might not be very efficient, but I wouldn't call it a waste of time by any stretch of the imagination.

However, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Do you have any idea how an application/software is made? iceops.in already has mobile compatibility, doesn't need a mobile application. Do what Nitro did, it's efficient and saves lots of time.

IceOps app i think that is a fantastic idea.

Question: Would it be a free app or a paid one ?

Free, of course :P

The forums cost nothing to visit on desktop/mobile currently; it would be foolish to charge people for an app that would just be a better-optimised alternative.

Good i think it is best that we dont pay anthing :D

Just placing my insight on this. I previously made multiple apps for android.

Well, i know a very easy program called MIT app inventor which allows you to create apps without knowledge of a language.

I would develop it but is there a real need for an app I mean maybe just create a mobile version of the website.

I think it costs money to place it on the app store. And both Google play and app store have to approve it.

First: Do we really need an app to display the forum? (It something I still don't understand until today: Why do people need for every sh... they could just do with a simple browser an app?)

Well the app could send push notifications nobody wants anyway ^^

Second: When I consider how much garbage is placed on the Android App Store it can't cost money to spam apps there. iOS however is not used so much and we would not have to care.

Third: Someone has to make such an app. I'm not the one I'm very sure. (Not even using one of the popular smartphone OS.)

The "fruit" is used in building Android apps but doesn't seem much interested in doing it (at least it appeared to me like that)

I suppose you could create an app that displays the forum, but with a mobile theme. Much like IPB. A theme that would be more compatible with mobile devices, and force the app to display the forum is that theme. I've never made an app, but I suppose it wouldn't be hard to add a cool IceOps animation when you open the app, to make the app look better and less of a simple web browser.