Sign in to follow this  
Association

Mod Suggestions

I have a few suggestions I'd like to share in case anyone plans on modding obscurity in the future.

• the medkit marines have will poison an obscurity if knifed, since the medicine is meant for humans; the obscurity will die within a minute, the time it takes to kill is random (max 1 min, min 10s). The way he dies is every few seconds he receives damage and maybe a small stunning/hallucination effect.
  • colored smoke grenades, colored lasers, colored squad indicators (everything depends on what squad you're in)
  • maybe admins get a reserved squad? ;D (others can't join)
  • if there is more than one obscurity, they all get indicators (similiar to the squad indicator, but maybe black with an "O" written on it) hovering over their heads
  • new custom weapons, new custom maps (to freshen up the mod)
  • round winning killcam
  • obscurity gets a different skin for knife
  • limit fps to 250
  • admins can open votes for players to select map
  • C4, if you press stance special it explodes them all at once, no matter where they are placed
  • maybe a perk to keep the sniper always steady
  • let players save their classes (may be hard to achieve, but would be sooooo good)
  • optional: updated help including syncs (unless this is supposed to be some sort of secret?)
  • very optional: different positions of playing dead
  • very optional: removal of rain

I'll be adding more as I think, but feel free to add your own! :D

if there is more than one obscurity, they all get indicators (similiar to the squad indicator, but maybe black with an "O" written on it) hovering over their heads

This is lready in place. A little black smoke sign.

let players save their classes (may be hard to achieve, but would be sooooo good)

Not possible. Mod makers were trying to get it to work but could not do it.

very optional: removal of rain

This is possible but we won't do it. It's part of the mod. It makes it harder to see the obs etc.

the medkit marines have will poison an obscurity if knifed, since the medicine is meant for humans; the obscurity will die within a minute, the time it takes to kill is random (max 1 min, min 10s). The way he dies is every few seconds he receives damage and maybe a small stunning/hallucination effect.

Should have something to cure too. Like fire and Special of the tank stances

- This is already in place. A little black smoke sign.

True, but for instance if you possess someone or use him as meatshield, many newbie obscurities try to kill you regardless of the black smoke sign, since you look like a marine. Something similiar to a squad indicator would be much easier to spot so you'd also know where your teammates are at all times.

- This is possible but we won't do it. It's part of the mod. It makes it harder to see the obs etc.

Understandable, I would however suggest to fix the black squares that sometimes appear along with the raindrop.

- Should have something to cure too. Like fire and Special of the tank stances

In my opinion I'd rather not have there be a cure. Let me explain: You'd have 2 choices of knifing the obscurity:

1. You use your regular knife, in which case you need to hit his head to instantly kill him. If you hit other body parts you just heavily injure him.
  2. You use medkit knife, in which case you have no chance of instantly killing him, but his death would be inevitable, UNLESS he kills the remaining marines in time. Think of it as reducing the time limit to the one obscurity. He'd also be very nervous since he wouldn't know just how long he's got.