Sign in to follow this  
Blandum

Graphics card

MSI's cards seem to have overall very good reviews in terms of no overheating, no coilwhine etc

Agree^^ MSi has a good reputation these days :D Selling a lot

Mine is the evga 750ti and I can easily get 250 fps on cod4 on max settings

That's good but CoD4 is relatively old (release 2007), and the 750ti was released 2014.

The card is very good if someone is on a budget but we wanna make sure it runs the newest games. I'm sure it will provide a playable FPS though :thumbup:

*Bump*

So guys, one of my friends send me an interesting article on Tom's hardware-->http://www.tomshw.it/news/directx-12-e-ashes-of-the-singularity-nuova-lotta-tra-amd-e-nvidia-69550 (it is in italian). In few words it says that Nvidia cards, whose should support directX 12, they don't do. The cause is that Maxwell hasn't Async Compute, so if you watch the image on the mid [attach=2742][/attach] you will see that FPS on GTX 980(Nvidia), in a game alpha Ashes of Singularity, goes down with directX 12, instead r9 performs very well. So I will wait new texts about this argument before buy a new graphic card.

P.S However I have clear ideas about what to buy: If this article will denied maybe I will but the GTX 950, if not, R9 (I don't know if 270,280,290, I will see how the price will be)

So, what do you think about it? Have you heard that?

If it comes to directx 12 it still depends from the games and their optimization, we still have to wait maybe a year to see full potential of DX12 and see which card is best for it. I'd still pick 950.

Blandum both of the cards you're looking at for nvidia and AMD perform identical.

Its up to you really, won't make much of a difference. If you go for the AMD card then make sure to add/change your PC fans to ensure good cooling.

Also use MSi afterburner to increase your fan speed curve, just to be safe :)

Okay, I will take all your suggestions ^^

EDIT: So in the end I take my decision and I decided to buy the Gtx960. I won't write a lot of things because I have to test it better. But my first impressions are very good. The temperature had reach never 50° (and I'm using a very bad cpu) the performance in all games now are much more better(now I can finally play BF4). The only bad things I founded are:

1. It's a my fault, but my screen it's too old for my new graphic card, so it can't gives its 100% about quality

2. The Nvidia programms are very slow and sometimes they give me some lag. Also in the beginning it can't download drivers by itself, so I had to go in their website

For the moment I am really safisfied about it :)