Sign in to follow this  
AlpHA

Gaming PC setup

Hello guys

So I was planning to buy a new gaming PC in Christmas. I'd like some ideas for specs. Up to 1500€ . Make some suggestions and let's discuss them. It requires much patience because it is quite a big investment and that's why I have started thinking so early.

Waiting for some ideas! Thanks!

What do you need btw?

U need an OS and monitor too?

If not here's a little list. Still got the option to upgrade some parts if u wish too.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tGVJLk

This site looks quite helpful. Actually monitor and OS is not a problem I have determined what I'll buy. My problem is all the other specs.

Ahh okay. U can search for builds there too. In your price range.

But what u think of my build?

And what about the theme to match ur setup? like:

blue and black

Red and black

Orange and black

White and black

Or like me: green and black

Ahh okay. U can search for builds there too. In your price range.

But what u think of my build?

And what about the theme to match ur setup? like:

blue and black

Red and black

Orange and black

White and black

Or like me: green and black

I like the green and black setup. Red and black looks interesting too. I'm gonna search a bit for the parts on this website. Thanks for helping, I'll let you know if I need anything.

Here green themed build. u could still add a LED strip.

PCPartPicker part list

Hmm don't you think that an 650W supply is a bit less than it should?

P.S. Very nice setup, these parts in Greek shops worth MUCH MORE! ;) I have started thinking of getting them online.

Hmm, no not really. 650 or 700 Watt doens't change that much.

But u can always big a bigger one. I've the:

coolerMaster B700 V2. Because I will probaly upgrade once more then I can use this one again :D

Hmm, no not really. 650 or 700 Watt doens't change that much.

But u can always big a bigger one. I've the:

coolerMaster B700 V2. Because I will probaly upgrade once more then I can use this one again :D

:P I'll poke a bit more this website it's very interesting..

When I'm still using a 6 year old power supply xD 500W
With what specs???

AMD FX-6350

GTX 660

8GB DDR3

And a super old 500gb HDD, not high specs.

I think that's all you need to know really

Be careful with the supply you're using. :P

When I'm still using a 6 year old power supply xD 500W
With what specs???

AMD FX-6350

GTX 660

8GB DDR3

And a super old 500gb HDD, not high specs.

I think that's all you need to know really

Be careful with the supply you're using. :P

I already looked it up, I'm only using about 300-400W, 100W is more than enough to spare.

500watt? Quite high operating costs. But you all don't have to pay them on your own, right? Tell your parents your PC costs 1 to 2€ electricity every day. ^^

I guess they aren't so happy about it.

Anyway hard to fully utilize a 500Watt PSU with one CPU and 1 video adapter. Upgrading doesn't mean in every case you have a higher power usage.

I ordered for example a GPU which will be around 4 times faster than my old one and it will take only 120Watt compared to 180Watt.

Btw. I have a 550Watt PSU. Just for the case I want 2 GPUs which will never happen.

I ordered for example a GPU which will be around 4 times faster than my old one and it will take only 120Watt compared to 180Watt.

That's true. Technology improves, devices' consumption is less but their power is more.

Take as an example the cars. Nowadays, cars can travel further using less gas/petrol

500watt? Quite high operating costs. But you all don't have to pay them on your own, right? Tell your parents your PC costs 1 to 2€ electricity every day. ^^

Anyway hard to fully utilize a 500Watt PSU with one CPU and 1 video adapter. Upgrading doesn't mean in every case you have a higher power usage.

Btw. I have a 550Watt PSU. Just for the case I want 2 GPUs which will never happen.

This power supply was in my Dad's old PC so I'm sure he's aware of the costs of this PSU so I doubt he cares too much.

Well in truth you don't use 500W only because your PSU claims it could deliver it on demand. Just under full load you will use the amount your hardware can drain. In old times you did indeed always drain the maximum amount of power if your system was idle or not.

So don't take me too seriously in that point.

if you get 2 high end cards in crossifre or SLI you should be looking at 650 Watts + :P

I got a Corsair TX850 (850 Watt PSU) just for safe measure even though i only got a 300 Watt GPU :D

It also has to power all 7 fans and a good overclock on the CPU.

Btw what GPU did you order? :o

Well in truth you don't use 500W only because your PSU claims it could deliver it on demand. Just under full load you will use the amount your hardware can drain. In old times you did indeed always drain the maximum amount of power if your system was idle or not.

So don't take me too seriously in that point.

Yes, PSUs now have energy saving mode enabled.

ATI Radeon HD4870 --> GTX960

That's what I was looking at to upgrade from a 660, but I'm most likely to save up for a 970 seeing as there's a much bigger gap between the gtx 660 and 970.

GTX 980, 980!