Aquiz

$rules for Deathrun

Pretty easy. 

A button wich show the player the $Rules on deathrun. 

I see more and more people acting like the know the rules, meanwhile they definitely dont know them.

With a tool that show them the rules ingame, it will be easier for them to read the rules and know them. 

The current tool, heard there was already one, does not show the rules.

^^

3 hours ago, Mighty Jayster said:

Yes it would be good to have a $nextmap command. And make it accessible to everyone on the server would be good

The problem about that is that people will spam the command and it'll just spam the chat feed, unless it's set to pm the user so that nobody else can see it

2 hours ago, Kienio said:

The problem about that is that people will spam the command and it'll just spam the chat feed, unless it's set to pm the user so that nobody else can see it

spam is not allowed ? :)

Well what you can do then (not sure if its possible) but make it so that the command can only be used once every lets say 15 mins or 10 mins and then it wont be spammable. Possibly ?

18 hours ago, Kienio said:

Or you can set to "self" and iprintlnbold or iprintln the nextmap. That will only appear to that user.

1 hour ago, Mighty Jayster said:

Well what you can do then (not sure if its possible) but make it so that the command can only be used once every lets say 15 mins or 10 mins and then it wont be spammable. Possibly ?

Yes that is possible, it would be a REALLY easy script, even I could make it. If IceOps would want that I wouldn't have a problem in helping :)

5 hours ago, Lookout said:

Voting maps is a bad idea, we had this a long time and obviously the well known easy maps are played only. No more challenge no more fun.

Voting maps is not going to be re-introduced.

I think the topic is about the command $nextmap which would be available to everyone and it would display  the next map, not change the current one.

Edited by Association

12 hours ago, Association said:

I think the topic is about the command $nextmap which would be available to everyone and it would display  the next map, not change the current one.

21 hours ago, The Annoying One said:

Still people ask to change maps often a lot I have noticed that

19 hours ago, CROPredator said:

voting panel would do the job  for that people

I know @Association. However, this side-topic has been brought up and wanted to close that direction immediately ;)

Just a thought about a $nextmap command, it may have the negative effect of discouraging players from carrying on playing. Like they enter the command, see it's a map they don't like and just leave/demand admins even more so to set a more preferable map.

Well if people indeed see the next map they are more likely to leave (like @Duck said) before it starts if they don't like it. Once they are on it, it is less likely for them to leave.

And yes ofcourse once they know the rotation it will be a different story but before people do that they must have some skill already and then again they are less likely to leave :)

At least that is what I think about it :P