So lately some people asked me on how to strafe jump.

There really is not much to say about it other then to keep practicing.

So i decided to make a small tutorial on how to get your strafes right.

NOTE: you'll still need to keep practicing this, that's how you'll get better.

First of all, nearly all maps are 125 fps completable. ( Not mentioning the secrets, some require 250, also excluding hard way of bounce_v3)

To get your 125 fps open up your console and type the following:
/com_maxfps 125

If you would like to see which fps you are running type in the following in the console:

/cg_drawfps 1

Other fps that can be used are 250 and 333, but like i said these are mainly for certain secrets.

The next step will be the strafe itself.

I can't really say much about this part other then 2 things.

1: Use W+D or W+A, this will allow you to jump further and make you do a strafe when performed correctly

2: Follow the jump with your mouse, it's hard to explain this but a strafe is like a parabolic move. You'll learn this as you go!

So that's about all i can help you with here.

The main trick is to keep on practicing over and over again, you WILL get better if you do this.

Might you have any other questions about this subject, feel free to contact me!

Kind regards,
SK Bookz.

This is a good idea, and a good tutorial!

But like you said already, its hard to explain strafe jumping. A video which tells you step by step would be more useful than a thread of it. ( tip for guys who can edit )

PS. i know that youtube is full of videos like that, but a video by IceOps would be good advertise ;)

4 hours ago, peura said:

PS. i know that youtube is full of videos like that, but a video by IceOps would be good advertise

I agree. Maybe @*V*, @MixR or any other deathrun player could make one :D

Any other deathrun player amongst us might as well, feel free to present one ;)

I would like to make one but I really don't have time these days :/, but I will tell you a little secret that most players don't know; use 250 when you want to strafe on curves or on the shortcuts, that's will make you strafe further a bit :) , just don't keep the 125 all the map,some spots requires different fps, feel free to ask any question :thumbup:

@*V* Easiest way I can put it, look at your minimap, the flat sides are North South East or West, so when you want to strafe in that direction use 125 FPS, but if you're wanting to strafe in the direction of a corner, NorthEast/NorthWest for example, use 250FPS. You gain the most speed with these FPS in those directions, but yeah 250 does allow you to curve more, 333 also allows you to jump slightly higher, or bounce higher if you know how to time it.. I'd make a video but I have no editing skills whatsoever xD