Fisher

Map Update (Bug/Problem Fixing)

Okay so recently I've noticed the death run server has been crashing and for this reason, I've started to try fix map errors. This may not be the best way to fix the map but it will hopefully make it a better experience. Okay, so what I need it a report of all the bugs/problems the maps have. But if possible can the biggest problem come first such as Map Crashing the server and I will work my way down. If maps have suggested but have been bugged also post them below. I will make a list of maps/bugs I've tried to fix below along with a zip with the fixes.

Maps

mp_dr_lolz - Map crashing due to lift button entity  -- Speed Changing to 220 -- Infinite Loop when player fell in water

mp_dr_unreal - Removed the linkto function (May cause future problems)

mp_deathrun_saw - Replaced all trigger entities on the waittill functions

Map Fixes .zip

Edited by Fisher

Many maps also have some sort of restart loop bug, one of the maps I know of it mp_deathrun_crystal, but I'm pretty sure quite a few of the maps have the same issue

Crystal has problems? Eh it seemed like a nice coded map :( I had once tested it in a local server  with a friend and worked perfectly..

One problem that I found as well. Yesterday i was playing this map mp_deathrun_industry and it changed the running speed of the server so we were all running faster than the default speed. Don't know if it was specifically that map but there was a definite speed increase.

11 hours ago, Mighty Jayster said:

One problem that I found as well. Yesterday i was playing this map mp_deathrun_industry and it changed the running speed of the server so we were all running faster than the default speed. Don't know if it was specifically that map but there was a definite speed increase.

Some maps increase the overall speed of players in order to help them do a specific jump or just for fun (eg. The star that gives activator speed in super Mario world).

I have not played this map so I do not know whether this is normal or not. I may try this on my LAN server some hours later and let you know.

EDIT:Yes jumpers are given some extra speed at this map.

Edited by AlpHA

18 hours ago, Mighty Jayster said:

Industry does not increase the speed it must of been changed by another map.

17 hours ago, AlpHA said:

Some maps increase the overall speed of players in order to help them do a specific jump or just for fun (eg. The star that gives activator speed in super Mario world).

I have not played this map so I do not know whether this is normal or not. I may try this on my LAN server some hours later and let you know.

EDIT:Yes jumpers are given some extra speed at this map.

This may the clients speed but this wouldn't affect the server. It would be reset when the map changes but I will check it anyway.

16 hours ago, demonz(forgototheraccpass) said:

Speed is also higher right now on diehard atm although i believe the problem doesnt arise from the map because it's never happened before on diehard. Only time i seen this speed bug is on dragonball but now everyone is running faster on diehard

Yea this was due to the speed change by mp_dr_lolz which should have been fixed by now.

Guys can you remove map lolz from rotation because every time someone opens secret on that map server almost crashes

Or do something about it

Best solution in my opinion would be just removing secret if possible

Edited by Chemy

1 hour ago, Fisher said:

This may the clients speed but this wouldn't affect the server. It would be reset when the map changes but I will check it anyway.

It is a common bug in many Deathrun servers. I used to play in another server before coming here and admins there frequently activated that '!party' mode. It stopped automatically next round and was also supposed to stop when it was last round and map changed but then its lights remained (without the crazy song though).

Something similar must has happened here. Last round's custom speed is not reset to default after map changes and the result is high speed in every following map. 

I cant connect to dr server,everytime i try it starts downloading 24.79mb file then 18.5mb then it repeats again and again and again...so i cant connect :unsure:

27 minutes ago, Chemy said:

I cant connect to dr server,everytime i try it starts downloading 24.79mb file then 18.5mb then it repeats again and again and again...so i cant connect :unsure:

That's the problem i just told in shoutbox, i think there's corrupted map files.

Just now, peura said:

That's the problem i just told in shoutbox, i think there's corrupted map files.

Ow i will try to delete map files in cod 4 and if that doesnot work i will download maps from internet

Map names i have problems are :Ravine and beach

As requested by @Mc.Joker I'm posting here maps that loops themselves after ending:

mp_dr_world_of_metal;

mp_dr_caelum;

mp_dr_semtex;

mp_dr_crystal; (not sure about this one, my memory is lacking)

mp_dr_industry;

There may be others, I'll keep it updated.

Edited by HydroxZ95