was stu

Report for nN|Pepe

@peura First he is my cousing not a friend, second i was in room when he start to do this, he doing this 10sec (cause by music, and then 1/2 people on server start to sing with him). Ye i know they spammed but that was only like 20sec and they make some fun. For me its beautiful when people can doing some party togheter ^^. (20 sec of fun). I should permban 1/2 server? 

EDIT> After this 20 sec, i said to them all like that: okay now stop spam, and they were quiet soo.. @Peura so wtf dude where is ur problem?

Edited by DinoGrzmot

On 19-6-2016 at 3:32 AM, peura said:

@DinoGrzmot what was you doing there? Even though he's your friend he's not allowed to break rules?

@DinoGrzmot It is your job to follow the rules where its necessary.

But, keep in mind. A police officer cant allow his cousin to drink alcohol over the streets, "just because its a party for fun".

Rules are rules in my opinion.. 

23 hours ago, DinoGrzmot said:

@peura First he is my cousing not a friend, second i was in room when he start to do this, he doing this 10sec (cause by music, and then 1/2 people on server start to sing with him). Ye i know they spammed but that was only like 20sec and they make some fun. For me its beautiful when people can doing some party togheter ^^. (20 sec of fun). I should permban 1/2 server? 

EDIT> After this 20 sec, i said to them all like that: okay now stop spam, and they were quiet soo.. @Peura so wtf dude where is ur problem?

Spam is spam, and the rules are the rules. I've kicked my IRL mates from games in the past for being abusive, it's your duty as a moderator.

Secondly, who in their right mind permbans someone for spamming? Kick them, if they come back and do it again; tempban them for a day or 2 (or disable comms*).

Finally, don't kick off with a clan member just because he's telling you what to do. He's just doing his job, and he's right. Regardless of whether they're related, or if the atmosphere is 'beautiful', they're still spamming the chat which is against the rules.

*This must be a new function, and I'm not sure how it works. Does it expire or do you need to re-issue their comms? @Mc.Joker

Edited by Joe

Just now, Mc.Joker said:

@Joe Check the sourcebans - guide

It's all explained there. And it just works like a normal ban. So eventually there comms will come back.

Thanks man, I'll have a read now :thumbup:

Okay, so when IceOps members are on server and they use normal chat to talk, other people are mad cause they spamm as ... its okay? Im don't deff my cousin but that wasnt normal spamm just for nothing, on server was +/- 20 people and all sing "YTYTYTY" with him. Regards and im rly mad right now.

49 minutes ago, DinoGrzmot said:

Okay, so when IceOps members are on server and they use normal chat to talk, other people are mad cause they spamm as ... its okay? Im don't deff my cousin but that wasnt normal spamm just for nothing, on server was +/- 20 people and all sing "YTYTYTY" with him. Regards and im rly mad right now.

You say about people 'singing with him', but the point of this thread was due to Pepe's text chat spam, right? Which you can see in the console screenshots was pretty ridiculous; the amount of spam was unreal! Even if he is a close friend of yours or whatever, you still should have at least mentioned to him about our rules regarding spam etc, in which we can see that you made no attempt in the chat to do so...

I'm not the only one who thinks this, right? @Joe @Aquiz @peura

- Chewie.

Spamming isn't allowed on our servers. As it's annoying to other players and their chats are pushed out because of the spam. That's the reason why we don't allowe it.

Even when almost 1/2 of the players on the server is doing it you should stop them. Tell them directly that they need to stop and if someone continues; you can kick him.

After that and they continue you can block there comms.

You said that almost 1/2 of the server spammed but I don't see proof of that and second: You should have acted earlier.

But his ban is almost over so:

=Closed=