aEoNNzR-

1 hour temporary ban by Blandum

Hello guys,

So today I was going to play deathrun, when Thunder:) with the name of fnatic'Stevy asked if i wanted to 1v1 promod. So I decided to make a free temporary server, and send it via the server (because we were both on the server). Others wanted to watch too, else I would have pmed him. After this, Blandum told me that "advertising" is not allowed on the server. 

This wasn't advertising though, because:

1. It wasn't my server.

2. It was a temporary server with a password.

3. It was only to use it one time for a 1v1.

When you advertise a server, you plan on getting players to keep coming to your server, because for example you need more players. I understand that this is not allowed.

But sending a temporary server for a 1v1?

Also, after Blandum said I shouldn't "advertise" this server, I did NOT send the server.

He She still 1 hour temporary banned me after he warned me.

I think this is not a correct way a mod/admin should behave, since Blandum did not take the context into account at all.

If this is not allowed, please change your rule to "No sending of other CoD4 servers, except for IceOps servers."

I didn't break a rule. Because I didn't advertise a server. 

So I think the 1 hour ban was totally undeserved, (it's over already but I would have liked to play deathrun or that 1v1 in the temporary private server..) or you need to adjust that rule...

- Aeon

Edited by aEoNNzR-

I was there when it happened.

The thing is we couldn't know that it was a 1v1 server, or something you did yourself.

I agree that a tempban after you stopped was maybe a little harsh but come one dude, it's just 1 hour, and you're already unbanned.

I keep saying that advertising isn't allowed (seems logic), and we weren't in touch that it was for a 1v1

This one hour ban is not "totally undeserved" because without knowing it, it's advert.

Get above one hour ban dude.

PLUS, I would recommand you to do not complain because yesterday (sunday) you lagjumped, I saw you by my eyes, you lucky I couldn't record it otherwise you would be banned for days.

Peace

You seriously reported a moderator for a 1 hour ban?

Like Aurel mentioned above 

2 hours ago, Aurel004 said:

we couldn't know that it was a 1v1 server, or something you did yourself

Either way, 1 hour is nothing. Nothing wrong with a bit of sun

3 hours ago, aEoNNzR- said:

He

She*

Well, I know it was just a 1 hour ban, but it wasn't deserved. There was also a password on the server, which should have made it clear that it wasn't advertising.

No hard feelings, I was just disappointed.

Also, a lagjump is done in a server with bunnyhop (hold f to keep jumping pretty fast) and if you do something called "ping lag" on the ground, you make an enormous jump.

I asked Jack about if ping lag was allowed, and he said it was allowed, so I'm kinda confused about if you can use it or not.

It would be nice if you guys could see that this 1hour ban was not deserved in this context, instead of still calling it advertising.. I mean.. It had a password, and after you told me I didn't post it anymore..

Sorry for "advertising" my temporary private match server which i created only for the 1v1 versus Thunder though, I will pm next time! xD

Edited by aEoNNzR-

First, I advise you to don't do it before tempban you for only one hour. Also, there is a rule: don't advertise other servers on the public chat of our servers, I don't know what server you were sharing, it doesn't change if it's private or not. So man, don't report admins when there is a rule under what they do only because you get a tempban. I also add, you were lucky, who advertise get more days ;) (+ there were also other players saying you to stop it) 

9 hours ago, aEoNNzR- said:

He

Calling Blandum a 'he' deserves perm ban.. ;) 

On a serious note, you say that sending info for a 1v1 server is not advertising. If that's not, then what is? Giving out any form of information for a server is advertising, doesn't matter whether it is a permanent server or a temporary one. And like the others have said, there is no way to see that it is a 'password' server, so please, stop complaining; it was a 1hr ban, you caught it lucky there...

And Ping Lag (especially to gain an advantage in the maps) is not allowed, no. Just to clarify.

I know what it lagjump, but I didn't know ping lag, that's why I said lagjump, but I don't see why it would be allowed. It's like asking if lagjump would be allowed in a server with bunnyhop. 

Well thanks for the clarifications, I'll conform to the mentioned rules, sorry for breaking them. I took the server rules literal, but with your additional information here they make sense.

Therefore I retract my claim regarding moderator abuse, since it was miscommunication and me sending an ip address of a cod4 server.

Edited by aEoNNzR-

1 hour ago, aEoNNzR- said:

Well thanks for the clarifications, I'll conform to the mentioned rules, sorry for breaking them. I took the server rules literal, but with your additional information here they make sense.

Therefore I retract my claim regarding moderator abuse, since it was miscommunication and me sending an ip address of a cod4 server.

No problem, maybe next time ask me or someone if you need an explanation ;)

9 hours ago, Joe said:

Blandum stop being racist.

Joe keep your inopportune comments out of this thread. 

19 hours ago, Kienio said:

You seriously reported a moderator for a 1 hour ban?

Like Aurel mentioned above 

Either way, 1 hour is nothing. Nothing wrong with a bit of sun

She*

The report wasn't an unban appeal, it was a report of a moderator abuse (as he tought). He could've reported her even if she kicked him with a wrong reason, by the way, yeah you can't do that, if you want to 1v1 your friends just chat on steam

Today I was doing a jump in mp_deathrun_meatboy where you can jump on a lantern pole, and get no fall damage. After that you can walk in an area where u can visit some houses. I just wanted to explore the map and see what would be out there. Blandum said I couldn't do it because it was "glitching out of the map", so I stopped because I was scared I wouldn't be able to play anymore because I could get temporarily banned again. Kinda ruined my fun at that moment, since I finished the map over 100 times already and just found out about that jump which Kye showed me, didn't have the opportunity to explore beforehand :P. Also I wouldn't have been able to "exploit" it in any way, and was just curious about where I could get. I also didn't waste time. I even wasn't able to finish the map because of that jump, so it was rather a disadvantage, a round given up to explore.

7 hours ago, aEoNNzR- said:

Today I was doing a jump in mp_deathrun_meatboy where you can jump on a lantern pole, and get no fall damage. After that you can walk in an area where u can visit some houses. I just wanted to explore the map and see what would be out there. Blandum said I couldn't do it because it was "glitching out of the map", so I stopped because I was scared I wouldn't be able to play anymore because I could get temporarily banned again. Kinda ruined my fun at that moment, since I finished the map over 100 times already and just found out about that jump which Kye showed me, didn't have the opportunity to explore beforehand :P. Also I wouldn't have been able to "exploit" it in any way, and was just curious about where I could get. I also didn't waste time. I even wasn't able to finish the map because of that jump, so it was rather a disadvantage, a round given up to explore.

You can do this on devmap. I understand you are not wasting time, BUT if everyone starts to go out of map, there will be a lot of sh*t and would be really boring. As I'm saying, you're playing deathrun, so play it normally

59 minutes ago, Aurel004 said:

You can do this on devmap. I understand you are not wasting time, BUT if everyone starts to go out of map, there will be a lot of sh*t and would be really boring. As I'm saying, you're playing deathrun, so play it normally

There were alot of people on the server, pretty much every round like 4 people finished. It's not my fault if others would start wasting time out of the map, and they can know these jumps anyways. I have very little impact on others in this case. They could also just be wtf'd if they are breaking rules. It's about the situation where I would do the jump and not break rules.

Ya know.. Maybe people should be disallowed to do secrets! Cause, ya know, "most people are not wasting time, BUT if everyone starts to go in secret, there will be a lot of sh*t and would be really boring."

Edited by aEoNNzR-

20 minutes ago, Aurel004 said:

And if there are not admins ?

you're playing deathrun, so play it normally

Then people can report them for wasting time. I try to play normally but then some new rule gets made up and I get prohibited from playing. EXPLOITING glitches for unfair advantage, OK I can see that this is disallowed. But according to your logic, like I said, if it apparently is about "other people will do it too and they will waste time", thats not my fault. This can happen in secrets, like I said. Stop f-ing smiting me.

1 minute ago, aEoNNzR- said:

Then people can report them for wasting time. I try to play normally but then some new rule gets made up and I get prohibited from playing. EXPLOITING glitches for unfair advantage, OK I can see that this is disallowed. But according to your logic, like I said, if it apparently is about "other people will do it too and they will waste time", thats not my fault. This can happen in secrets, like I said. Stop f-ing smiting me.

People will say they do not break any rule, they do not waste time etc, like you do. If you're not happy that you cannot go out of the map on IceOps deathrun, then do not play. That's all I have to say

Not saying anything but i do the exact same i run aroudnt he map until they all die (then kill myself) or until acti dies.

As he did say its Glitches that gives an unfair advantage. 

Rule No7 "Map glitching however should be tolerated as long as it is not interrupting the game or too disturbing"

but of course if they are interrupting by time wasting you can wtf them then kick them.

Also i recall seeing a rule somewhere (i cant find it anymore) that Abuse reports should only be answered by Head-Member (was super mod) Admins and the person that been accused of abusing.

Found it With the help of no one of course :D 

To avoid further flaming on the forums please do NOT reply to any mod report.

Only the admin reported, super moderators and administrators can post there.

If you have some proof or any other thing pm ALL administrators and tell them whatever you want there.

This is only for the mod report section. We had some rage and anger in older threads.

4 hours ago, Scott said:

Not saying anything but i do the exact same i run aroudnt he map until they all die (then kill myself) or until acti dies.

As he did say its Glitches that gives an unfair advantage. 

Rule No7 "Map glitching however should be tolerated as long as it is not interrupting the game or too disturbing"

but of course if they are interrupting by time wasting you can wtf them then kick them.

Also i recall seeing a rule somewhere (i cant find it anymore) that Abuse reports should only be answered by Head-Member (was super mod) Admins and the person that been accused of abusing.

Found it With the help of no one of course :D 

To avoid further flaming on the forums please do NOT reply to any mod report.

Only the admin reported, super moderators and administrators can post there.

If you have some proof or any other thing pm ALL administrators and tell them whatever you want there.

This is only for the mod report section. We had some rage and anger in older threads.

Thank you for the clarification, this states that I did not break any rule because of Rule No7 "Map glitching however should be tolerated as long as it is not interrupting the game or too disturbing" and I was not interrupting the game or being disturbing. I won't reply anymore on this thread after this, sorry. Needed to get this last thing off my chest since it was related to what I said earlier.

Edited by aEoNNzR-