Kenai

SSD/OS problems

So, been having a problem with my OS/SSD. I can't access anything with a 'UAC' shield next to it because it gives me an error saying that the file/path doesn't exist. But when I disable UAC then everything that has the shield next to it runs fine. Also something is wrong with my permissions because I have to enable the hidden Admin and go into regedit and disable UAC manually because it won't let me normally. Basically everything that requires Administration access doesn't work when UAC is enabled(Even with Hidden Administrator.)

P.S; OS is Winsows 7 Ultimate. If you think you can help in any way- it's much appreciated. If not then I'll have to wait to get a new SSD as well as a HDD.

49 minutes ago, Mc.Joker said:

Hmm, no idea.

Never had problems with it. Maybe posting this in the public forum so others can help you fix it? ^^

Doubt they would but I can try. I just don't want to do a full reinstall of the OS as I can't back anything up to an external sadly. Might be that the UAC is corrupted =/

Update- Moving to public thread "Computers and Technology"

The good thing that he was online so I copied what you said and send them to him and he said that 

1.You have problems with the access to apps that need run as administrator ?

2.he will search for a way for you but you usually must do system back up or format for your pc so it will work thats what he know for now

3.he want to know more about what is happening he wants to see the error message if you can take a screen shot of it so maybe there is other way ^_^ also if you have more details he asked about them too 

1 hour ago, Mc.Joker said:

Well, just disabling it then? xD until u found a fix. Would be good to contact Windows help desk

My PC was made by a company with an OEM, don't think I can contact them about it(Doubt they'd know what was wrong).

1 hour ago, Rami said:

The good thing that he was online so I copied what you said and send them to him and he said that 

1.You have problems with the access to apps that need run as administrator ?

2.he will search for a way for you but you usually must do system back up or format for your pc so it will work thats what he know for now

3.he want to know more about what is happening he wants to see the error message if you can take a screen shot of it so maybe there is other way ^_^ also if you have more details he asked about them too 

That's what I was afraid of- A complete reinstall of the OS, because I don't have anywhere to put important files atm, not to mention I don't have a restore point(Haven't updated windows in forever because not enough space.) so that's out of the question =/

Yes, Anything that requires things to run as an Administrator I get a path error like these. This is the type of error I'm getting.

Spoiler

steam.jpg.62a7749a059631d180579ff0c613460b.jpg

regedit.jpg.f192cab3c972bc3517014d96bff9dc07.jpg

The Directory/Path depends on the Application I'm trying to open. But yeah it's something to do with UAC(User Account Control) and I'm assuming the Path Variable.

P.S; I appreciate you guys trying to help me out with this problem(Even though it'll have to resort to me doing a complete reinstall) Will be getting a new SSD as well, Just gotta remove the W7 license from this SSD so that I can reactivate it on the new one(OEM OS sucks xD)

Was going to get a regular Samsung EVO, But decided to go $61 more for the 10 year warranty Pro version ^^

Update-

So, I've fixed my problem with yet again a Simple Solution. Apparently I had forgotten I set my 'Program Files' in my Registry set for my F: drive(Which has been disconnected because of problems/BSOD's) So I plugged in the F drive and everything was fine and normal. Decided to change the default ProgramDir registry to C: and all is working fine. Don't need to get a new SSD yet(Though I DO need the new HDD.)

As usual I'm just a moron, See my previous problem with the simplest solution Here.

Thank you all for trying to help this poor moron out.

Oh, Trojans aren't very good news Kenai, that means someone has the potential to control the computer without you even knowing it, maybe try and be more careful next time mate ;) 

1 hour ago, Joeyyyy said:

Oh, Trojans aren't very good news Kenai, that means someone has the potential to control the computer without you even knowing it, maybe try and be more careful next time mate ;) 

Or they could be false positives xD