Player ID - 2310346613554420370
Server:
Hardcore High XP
Admin Name:
Wolfman
Approximate time:
10:00pm UTC+0
What happend:
So I called someone a "pussy" twice as they were camping. I was kicked for "swearing". Whatever, I got over it. I then said to Wolfman, "whatever, I guess we have different opinions on what constitutes as swearing". He said something along the lines of "yes we do".

I then fired a round of M21 bullets through a wall, and was then banned for 24 hours for "scroll shooting abuse" or something along those lines. I was banned because I can click fast? What the hell is this? I believe Wolfman banned me because I argued with him and didn't like that I was kicked for something I did not believe was kick-worthy. I would like to see some evidence of me "scroll shooting" or I would like to be unbanned please. This is completely unfair.

I've played on this server for a very long time now, and not ONCE has anyone claimed that I was scroll shooting, but all of a sudden, I have this argument with Wolfman and I get instantly banned without anyone mentioning it? I think he was just looking for a way to flex his mod powers. Completely unfair. I cannot upload proof, as I do not have access to chatlogs, and I was banned without warning. I am assuming you can check these chatlogs yourselves. However I included a screenshot of the ban message I received.

Edit - I should also mention that after I rejoined the server, I said "Lol, kicked for swearing in an 18+ game". Wolfman then replied with "try me". I am quite confident that this is not how a moderator, or admin, or whatever rank he holds, should be talking. It clearly shows that he is very ban happy and has his judgement skewed by petty arguments that he has with players.

Another edit - I have a video here - https://gfycat.com/ImmaculateDisgustingBluetickcoonhound. This clearly shows my config file has not been touched since the 11th October, which was when I downloaded the game on to my new computer. As you can see, there is no scroll shooting keybind in the config file, further evidencing my legitimacy. 

Proof:
EhLBw1m.png.ce3a1471320a338c8687758af4407723.png

Edited by John Yuki

15 hours ago, John Yuki said:

Edit - I should also mention that after I rejoined the server, I said "Lol, kicked for swearing in an 18+ game". Wolfman then replied with "try me". I am quite confident that this is not how a moderator, or admin, or whatever rank he holds, should be talking. It clearly shows that he is very ban happy and has his judgement skewed by petty arguments that he has with players.

What ever argument we had before u got banned has nothing the do with why you got banned.

If you insult people after everytime you getting killed you are nothing less then toxic.

You had a kick for that and thats it.

After i left the server ( fake ) You use'd scroll/script when u shot the m21.

You never had problems with it before because there was no admin watching you, and you got unbanned because i did not record it.

I do not choose a side even if i do not like the way you behave, I respond to your actions and if you insult other people you get a warning for that.

If you join back in and want to start a argument with me about that then "Try me ".

I summon @Aquiz or @Kenai to check if i was wrong or not.

( I will not go in a new argument with u here.)

You made a nice video but in the video you  did not show the bottom bit of the config.

However you can just added a bind to shoot faster without messing with the cod4 cfg file. 

I still have absolutely no idea how you can just ban someone for shooting fast? I shoot fast all the time. What am I meant to do? Limit my rate of fire just to appease people who think I am cheating? I would just like an explanation as to how you can possibly ban someone just for shooting quickly? If you watched for me any prolonged period of time rather than just that one single instance, you would see that my rate of fire changes and is inconsistent. I also showed you my config file. I have no idea what more you want from me. 

Edit:

(Also, I was not starting an argument. I just think it is plain wrong that you judge me based on SIX BULLETS that I fired. You didn't even watch me for longer than that. You saw me fire an single clip of M21 bullets and banned me because of it. I just don't know how you can justify banning someone for scroll shooting solely off of 1 clip of ammo.)

Also: "You never had problems with it before because there was no admin watching you" - I'm not talking about just admins. Not a single player on the server has ever accused me of scroll shooting. I never see anyone ever accuse people of it. Not to mention it is just unbelievably hard to prove.

Edited by John Yuki

I totaly agree with Wolfman. If you check out sourcebans then u see that Wolfman is most active cleaning the servers from hacker/rule breakers so i dont think he is wrong with hes experience and hes knowledge he knows how to deal with people like you.( ban happy ? or is he just taking care of the servers for a long time. ) Also i see he already unbanned u because he did not record it so why do you still try to start a new argument.

I really don't think that "he has experience" is valid enough. He based his ban on intuition, rather than 100% solid proof? Is someone who gets a random wallbang 100% wallhacking? Of course not. You would continue to watch them and see if they do it consistently. If they consistently get "random" wallbangs, then you have sufficient reasoning that they are wallhacking. You wouldn't ban them because they got a single lucky wallbang, so why ban someone for firing 6 bullets quickly?

I'm not starting anything, I just want to know the logic behind his decision. 

Also, if scroll shooting is such a problem, why not just limit the maximum rate of fire on semi-automatic weapons? Seems like the logical thing to do rather than just ban people for things that cannot be proven.

Edit - Download demo clip of me shooting (it will auto download when you open the link) - https://a.uguu.se/LOvs0JLvY4yj_rateoffire.dm_1 . This is pretty much the fastest I can shoot, so this is roughly as fast as I was shooting when Wolfman banned me. I shot a single clip of that M21 and then was banned. 

Edited by John Yuki

Wolfman deserves his position, and I'm more than sure that he will not just slander everyone.

And yes. About swearing in 18+ games. I disagree with you. First of all, offensive words are dysmoral. This, in turn, leads to a bad game and a tense situation. 

12 hours ago, John Yuki said:

Also, if scroll shooting is such a problem, why not just limit the maximum rate of fire on semi-automatic weapons? Seems like the logical thing to do rather than just ban people for things that cannot be proven.

Agreed to that, and every other argument you posed regarding this problem cause i had the same issue with fast firing. Kicks or small time bans for swearing i find to be alright.

First off all;

ONLY the abuse reporter, involved player and STAFF are allowed to post in these sections

Everyone be warned.

Ok, now let's get on topic.

The ban has been lifted for lack of evidence from the side of the moderator in charge. Wolfman is always doing a great job in keeping the servers clean from rule breakers and hackers.

Everyone their judgement about swearing can form different opinions, but at IceOps we have a strict no swearing policy in game to keep it clean and a nice atmosphere for everyone.

Scroll-shooting is not allowed in any of the IceOps servers, whether you used it or not does not mater for future cases since the appeal has been solved at the first part of the investigation.

No evidence = No crime.

Conclusion, ban lifted/removed, case closed.

The IceOps Staff