Sign in to follow this  
DriftKing

CSGO team

To be honest IceOps should expand over to csgo, cod4 is has aged like fine wine but lately gotten quite sour. Although csgo alone won't be enough, there are plenty of other games with thriving communities that Iceops should expand over to.

15 hours ago, Wraith. said:

To be honest IceOps should expand over to csgo, cod4 is has aged like fine wine but lately gotten quite sour. Although csgo alone won't be enough, there are plenty of other games with thriving communities that Iceops should expand over to.

Tell me clan members we have who play daily CS:GO. Ninja, but who else?

14 hours ago, leiizko said:

Please do name few ^^

Fortnite, Rocket League, PUBG(50/50), Paladins, Overwatch(50/50), Hearthstone, StarCraft 2, League of Legends.

At the moment, the Fortnite is relevant in our community. Because we have 5-6 people, who playing in it. And for a full-fledged team requires 4 people. Yes, and now a lot of tournaments.

Edited by VanZy

1 hour ago, VanZy said:

Fortnite, Rocket League, PUBG(50/50), Paladins, Overwatch(50/50), Hearthstone, StarCraft 2, League of Legends.

Those are all good games but the problem is there is no real way to get new members from those games. Sure we can make a group for LoL for example but it will still be limited to already members who play said game. Noone else will actually care about iceops. Us officially supporting those games won't make any difference, members can already get together and play the games if they chose so.

The thing is, in it's current state iceops is dying. The only thing that is relatively active is the website, which is only due to some members of the community who stubbornly don't want it to die. The only way to get more members to be part of the clan is for Iceops to get back into mix. It is not gonna spring back into life over night but to at least prevent it from dying out, you should start expanding it into other communities, as well as on youtube and twitch. The more you shove the name of IceOps into the faces of people the more people will recognize it. Just like an Advertisement campaign, the quality does not matter if the quantity is high. Yes games like fortnite and pubg, as well as dota and lol are good options, alot of people play them and more seriously than simple casual play, so they will look for a community with a good reputation to be a part of, overwatch is a more casual game so a community will be much hard to set up in there, i personally haven't played starcraft 2 and hearthstone, but games like black desert, sea of thieves and bless online do have great prospects as these games reward communities more than solo players. As for csgo, it will hardly take a week to gather people who would be interested in playing for and to represent a community.

Edited by Wraith.

i would be interested in csgo especially because i played in a competitive team for the last 2.5 years in a german league and i feel like i have a lot of potential left in this game .D and iceops would be an awesome platform to start on

8 hours ago, DisreS said:

i would be interested in csgo especially because i played in a competitive team for the last 2.5 years in a german league and i feel like i have a lot of potential left in this game .D and iceops would be an awesome platform to start on

Nice! Well then feel free to apply required you want to play it most time daily.

On 30-4-2018 at 10:57 AM, Ninja said:

Tell me clan members we have who play daily CS:GO. Ninja, but who else?

i have it, played it once for 30 mins and quit.

other games i do play on a daily basis are LOL and PUBG but like said only advertising name can maybe work, bot for LOL you'll need atleast 5 members for a group to show the tag and in PUBG you cant change your name yet... (lame)

On 30.04.2018 at 7:34 PM, VanZy said:

@Wraith., I completely agree with you. We have such streamers as @Wolfman &  @DavidO ^^

"Such streamers" - Well, but... not so long time ago, I started them and I've made only three of them xD

Not gonna lie, I was suprised that you mentioned me but I had never intention to do it for IceOps, especially that my whole stream was in my native language. It was just for hobby purposes, to archive some neat moments with my friends while playing. 

By the way, @VanZy I've never thanked you for stopping by, even if my stream wasn't in english, it was really suprising that came just of curiosity.

Thank you! But... I'm afraid that those streams aren't for you just because of the language barrier :unsure:

Sorry for Off-Topic

Edited by DavidO

@DavidO, And yet, even after you left, you remain part of our team ;)

No need to thank me for this. And do not forget, my friend, that I'm Russian and your native language is closer to me, I understand a lot, but I do not know the spelling. In our languages, words are similar in sound and are similar meaning xD

Edited by VanZy