John Yuki

Things that I think really need to be changed about IceOps Servers

1 hour ago, leiizko said:

FFA server has been updated.

Changes (that I remember right now):

- Mapvote has been updated ( You can now move up and down the list, it now choses randomly if more maps have same amount of votes )

- Dynamic map rotation

- KDA system ( $stats )

- VIP is a bit more promoted now

- Changed best map stats to leaderboards at the end of the game ( shows top 5 ranked players globally, Trueskill based on FFA, KDA based on team games )

Changes will be moved to other servers once it proves to be stable and automatic system is made to remove banned players from the leaderboards. Obviously any more ideas are welcome.

WOOOOOO Thank you! Best changes in a while, thanks for listening!

I agree with most of what @John Yuki has posted so far, even though I would be disappointed should Freeze-Tag server be gone, it's pretty obvious that the mod isn't played at all anymore. It was quite popular a couple years back, very fun and team-play based.

About 24/7 servers, I agree again with you on this, they are quite popular, for some reason Killhouse is very very demanded; Crash, Crossfire are good contenders too in my opinion.

I see the issue about server auto-balancing relying on Trueskill rather than KDA, so I agree with you here as well.

About lag, I have noticed none as far as I can remember. I tend to blame on my own connection if lagspikes appear lol

@leiizko said something about S&D, that would be a great idea, to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Vanost said:

About lag, I have noticed none as far as I can remember. I tend to blame on my own connection if lagspikes appear lol

The lagspikes were definitely there. It was more predominant on the TDM server, but it also happened on the FFA server. I've never noticed it on the SC TDM or Rozo servers. It seems to be much better now though that Leiizko reset it. It just completely lags everyone out for a couple seconds before continuing. Sometimes it didn't happen for like 5 or 6 games, and other times it would happen at least once a game.

update:

Added a $report command(Only on the FFA Server for testing) - reports a player to discord channel (#admin_calls)

Banned players will now get removed from leaderboards.

Side note: Auto balance never worked with Trueskill nor will now work with KDA. Only criteria it uses is players playtime on team - Last in team, first out.

If no bugs are found within next few days all stats will get wiped and other servers updated ( HC TDM, SC TDM )

2 hours ago, leiizko said:

Added a $report command - reports a player to discord channel (#admin_calls)

why not steam group, as we need it anyway