leiizko

Server updates

Hey there everyone!

As you might have noticed, there was a lot of work being done on servers recently. The changes are as follows:

Hardcore TDM, FFA and Softcore TDM servers:

* Mapvote system has been improved:

- You are now able to move up and down the list

- If multiple maps have the same amount of votes the map is chosen randomly

- Maps now dynamically change depending on the amount of players

* End of game stats have been replaced with leaderboards:

- Top 5 players will now be showcased at the end of the game

- Must have atleast 200 kills to be showcased

- Banned players will be removed

- If you are inactive for more than 7 days, your stats will be hidden until you play a game

- If you are inactive for more than 90 days, your stats will be removed

* $stats command:

- Now shows Trueskill rating, KDA rating and your global rank (min 200 kills to be ranked)

- Global rating will update only at the start of the match

- If you are inactive for more than 7 days, your stats will be hidden until you play a game

- If you are inactive for more than 90 days, your stats will be removed

* Added $report command

- Using this command will report a player to our discord channel

- It is advised to use $pbss command before reporting a player

- Abuse of this command will result in ban!

* VIP perks:

- Icon on the scoreboard

- Icon in killcam feed

- VIP welcome

- Hardline perk: 1 kill less for hardpoints

Obscurity:

* Added $report command

We also plan to change some of the dead servers soon.

- The IceOps Staff

This is a huge update, thanks!

Maybe include 1 more map in the small map pool? I had 3 maps to vote for when the server was low pop, which is maybe a little bit tight?

6 hours ago, Vanost said:

This is a huge update, thanks!

Maybe include 1 more map in the small map pool? I had 3 maps to vote for when the server was low pop, which is maybe a little bit tight?

The point of this is that they are the smallest maps by a long way. There aren't really any other small maps. When the server population is low, playing on larger maps is boring as hell because there is such little action.

2 hours ago, John Yuki said:

The point of this is that they are the smallest maps by a long way. There aren't really any other small maps. When the server population is low, playing on larger maps is boring as hell because there is such little action.

im guessing he meant that those 3 maps will get  boring after a while cuz server is low on people quite often

when people join the server and see that one of these three maps is being played they kinda leave, although I have seen that at the end of map before the voting happens people leave the server and then we stuck with those three maps again...
In my opinion it wont be a bad idea to add one or two more maps like crossfire which people usually like and want to play.

On 8/2/2018 at 8:32 PM, John Yuki said:

Sure, I understand that. But almost always the voted map is Showdown among Shipment and the other map I forgot its name.

Given the fact that there are only 3 small maps in cod4, 1 more map to vote for from the medium range map pool won't hurt anybody and we would have more choice of maps, just an idea.

On 8/4/2018 at 3:30 PM, Milad said:

when people join the server and see that one of these three maps is being played they kinda leave [...]

Yeah..

I don't play much so I am probably the worst one to give suggestions here, but here I go anyways

I think Crash/Crossfire would be great when the server goes low pop and the map voting process begins, and I sustain this because these two are great maps and usually people tend to like it a lot. By including one of these two maps into the small map pool two things could be sorted out.

Firstly, people would have more choice of maps to vote for besides the really small maps (Killhouse, Shipment, Showdown).

Secondly, it would deal with something that @Milad said.

On 8/4/2018 at 3:30 PM, Milad said:

[...] although I have seen that at the end of map before the voting happens people leave the server and then we stuck with those three maps again...

It is possible that if players see that crash/crossfire is into the next map rotation, odds are that they stay to play, what is for me, two of the greatest maps in cod4.

Something I have also thought about is, make one of the maps off the medium map pool to be randomly picked up into the small map pool.

for god's sake add another map to small pools or let the vote happen in middle of the game when numbers are not enough! there are 10 people playing shipment ! everyone leaves at the end of these maps specially "shipment" !