just noticed something on my ram usage, it is unusually high(not as i had before where it was completely used) but it still slows everything down (games stutter etc)

https://gyazo.com/5257d3473378acf7300137ef52d6ccb4

here is the link for the screenshot, it also tells allocated ram 28.9/63.9 gb although i only have 32gb ram?

I'd look at the processes and see which is using all of it up. Then id stop that process if it wasnt a system one to see if it fixes it. If not a google as to why that is eating up all your RAM may be a option. 

Ignore the allocated bit. I always do. I concentrate on the processes bit where its eating all your RAM

its nowhere to be found in the process list. highest using program was firefox, with 1.6 gb... cant find anything on google either. dont know what i am searching for haha

but a reboot fixes this.. now its at 8.4 gb kinda idle

Edited by 0sjors0

Some program you have is most likely leaking memory. All you can do really is check in task manager for highest memory use and close down every program you are not actively using. In my case OS (Win10) is usually hovering about 2.4gb use.

Also the info you marked includes virtual memory, your actual physical memory (RAM) is 32gb.

the weird thing, if i would count up all the sources it wouldnt even come near that 26.2 gb of ram.. the leak would not be shown in the task messenger then.

this is how it looks idle (high to low) https://gyazo.com/4eb986e94e5b1728c5c2415a56006848

and it would look pretty much the same when its using that much,,

Scan for malware/viruses, if your PC is clean then it's a faulty driver. Try reinstalling / updating them - most basic ones are sound, network and GPU drivers (network ones are usually the ones being shitty)

3 hours ago, leiizko said:

(network ones are usually the ones being shitty)

I hate network drivers. I spend my life at work updating network drivers and re-installing the ones that screw up.... Pain in the arse.... 

Now You might want to:

- Do "sfc -scannow" cmd in command prompt to check system files.

- Scan rest of the files on your pc with Malwarebytes, HitmanPro, SuperAntiSpyware or something else.

all while in safe mode though

Personally in my opinion i dont like windows defender. 

Only reason is, is because i had a laptop when i was younger and i kept downloading files off dodgy websites. And because of this i got a virus and it got past Windows Defender. So i've never trusted it since. 

Well Windows defender only works properly in windows 10, but still it can let something slip by you install things from shady websites. It doesn't protect you from yourself hah

BitDefender (protects you even if you turn it off, don't know how that works) is greatest nowdays as i heard but i don't think its necessary with win 10 defender and a bit of common sense.

Safe mode helps in cases virus is running a process and you can't see it. Seems like your case..

As you probably know safe mode doesn't start unnecessary things so its easier to delete them, or keep them from plotting against you further.

Edited by CROdator

Razer Cortex is a good example for using up and leaking RAM without showing up as these. It has a process RZKLservice.exe which is a stealthy ram eater.

If it is something else you have to kill all processes one by one and see if the ram gets freed up. If not you have possible some kind of malware like a hypervisor rootkit installed.

4 hours ago, izk0 said:

Razer Cortex is a good example for using up and leaking RAM without showing up as these. It has a process RZKLservice.exe which is a stealthy ram eater.

If it is something else you have to kill all processes one by one and see if the ram gets freed up. If not you have possible some kind of malware like a hypervisor rootkit installed.

Which is ironic, because cortex is made to speed up computers xd

Best thing is to keep all non Microsoft services on manual or disabled