T O M

Increased number of maps in rotation

I play this server pretty regularly, a few hours a day on most days. But have started to find that playing the same 6 maps is getting rather repetitive.

I understand that out of the possible 21 maps some of them cannot be played for balance issues such as shipment/killhouse or wetwork for the complete nade spam. But there are plenty of maps that can be added and played.

Surely I'm not the only one who would like to see more/different maps in the rotation?

T O M.

Hi @Priicey

There have been discussion in regards to this some time ago, see post 

but not sure if anything was done or what was going to happen.

Maybe the others could enlighten you of this progress.

Yeah there were more maps before in the rotation and got reduced to the current ones, which is fine to me. They are like the best/most played maps in the game so I don't really care if it gets repetitive..

4 hours ago, RedRose said:

Hi @Priicey

There have been discussion in regards to this some time ago, see post 

but not sure if anything was done or what was going to happen.

Maybe the others could enlighten you of this progress.

I believe this post is a bit old for this matter! many changes have been made since then! Around 1 month ago all maps were available, however we needed to make some changes and because of these changes there are only 6 maps in-game. Hopefully, we will add new maps as soon as possible.

Thanks for the responses. 

A voting system would be great, that way you get the overall community feedback on maps instead of just a small selection of people. 

I've seen on some servers they have a built in vote feature regarding each map, "Do you enjoy this map?     F1: Yes     F2: No"

I'm happy playing whatever, but would just be nice to see some variation regarding maps every now and then. As long as its unanimously agreed, and everyone is enjoying them. 

T O M.  :)  

Like @RedRose said previously, we have had a conversation about this before. 

If we had enough votes for this to be a positive change for the servers I'm sure we can make it happen.

What are your thoughts @IJzzo@leiizko @Kenai??

About the maps: Well we have selected those ones by community feedback just few weeks ago. The feedback we got by counting the number of players leaving the server after a specific map gets started. So maps which caused too much leaving got removed from the rotation.

So I am not sure if it is smart yet to change anything on the map rotation. Although I know it sucks but many are obviously preferring this boring map rotation.

Oh that makes sense, I wasn't aware that things only got changed round recently. 

Maybe this is something that should be looked at and addressed on a fairly regular basis, that way the players are always getting the most enjoyed maps as well as some variety every now and then. 

T O M.