leiizko

HC HighXP server update

Hi,

This thread has now been abandoned for a while and I'd like to ask if someone could shed more light about the status of the upcoming changes mentioned above.
Is there some new date due to these changes are scheduled?
Also, I'd like to mention that if there is anything I could help with, feel free to text me.

Regards

ProXicT.

The changes got a lot more complex down the line so it will take some more time to finish. Biggest issue right now is still broken client.

The new ranking system is mostly done, few minor things left.

The killstreak thingy has a bit more work left to do, but again nothing major. Most of the annoying stuff is done.

There are few other changes that I will not spoil and hopefuly you will be able to see them soon. Meanwhile a sneak peek at new killstreak menu:

- 3 hardpoints can be selected (will be colored green)

- Only 1 hardpoint can be selected from a group (group = kills needed to get it)

- Unavailable killstreaks are colored red, available in blue.

shot0015.jpg

Due to it being highly requested anti camp system has been added to the server. Rest of the updates will come in a patch at a later date.

How it works: 

You will see a DMG % number in bottom right side of your screen. Your shots do the shown % of base weapon damage. Moving will keep this % at 100. Minimum damage is 33%, snipers keep their full damage (subject to change).

Additionally wallbangs now only deal 25% of base damage and are also affected by the anti camp damage modifier. Lastly player HP has been increased to 50, so a lot of weapons will no longer insta kill.

The system is still in experimental phase and might require some tweaking to get the balance right.

TL;DR:

Anti camp added, if you camp you do less damage,

Wallbangs do 75% less damage,

Player HP increased from 30 to 50.

Useful update. I did not notice any special losses, everything suits me, BUT it seems to me that the damage through the walls should have been left somewhere by 30-35%, because in some places it looks like a too strong nerf. Of course, I am against spamming through walls, but for some maps this is a useful feature. Since there are many little things that interfere to hit the target. Well IDK. 

What do you think?

Good job @leiizko :thumbup:

Thank you very much for this update, @leiizko, it's a noticeable change!
I have a few notes based on a few gameplays.

• I would definitely apply the same rules to snipers, however, with a different rate. And maybe even based on if the scope is a bolt action (M40, R700), or semi-automatic (M21, SVD, Barret) rifle.
  • The DMG status should be reflected in the killcam. Now when someone kills me with apparently lower DMG, I can still see my DMG status.
  • The wallbang damage got decreased way too much, I think. If you see a player running behind a fence made of sheet metal, it should be penetrable easily. Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible in CoD4 to differentiate between individual object entities and set the penetrability respectively. And even if it was doable, it would be so much hassle to go through all the objects. And during normal gameplay, wallbangs are inherently not the issue anyway, the problem is when campers start abusing them by shooting through one wall for the duration of one map (which should get mitigated by the anticamp feature anyway :)). So, if at all, I would decrease the wallbang damage a bit less.
  • Regarding the grenade spam situation - which can get pretty atrocious in a higher player count - it would be nice if the grenades were gained only by running a certain distance. For example, after running 500m, you'd get a grenade. This, I believe, would improve the gameplay significantly, as there are many players who throw random grenades right after they spawn, making the battle look more like a minefield.
  • As it was already noted, I would also try doing something with the RPGs, either remove them from the mod altogether or at least reduce the number of RPGs; It's like with grenades, many players just tend to spam them into random places.

Other than that, great job, @leiizko and thank you again ;)

Edited by ProXicT

It definitely should be applied for snipers! one of our main problems was camping with m21! if bolt action snipers could be excluded from the anti camp system it would be best but if its not possible we'll have to live with it!
Semi-Automatics need the anti-camp for sure! 

And finally, about the wallbang damage, I completely agree with @ProXicT.

1 hour ago, Milad said:

It definitely should be applied for snipers!

I agree and support @Milad.

But to be honest, not every player playing the role of a sniper is able to storm an enemy respawn. Snipers should essentially sit back in the distance, but I think need to reduce damage after ~45 (or more) seconds not moving. This gives a slight advantage over other classes, but is also prone to nerf.

Edited by VanZy

Well, staying in the back and not rushing is one thing, camping at one spot for the entire duration of the map is another thing, imho. It's not true that snipers aren't supposed to move at all...

Also, what is bothering me sometimes is that in TDM the sides never change, hence Marines have a very noticeable advantage because of their camo which works way better on most maps.

Edited by ProXicT

The thing is in our servers you shouldn't consider m21 a sniper!! It actually is an assault with a scope and a low recoil...
it is really hard to kill some of these m21 campers in some specific locations (not in every map of course), especially now that you can't wallbang them either. so what to do?! one option is to make it hard for them to kill (like reduced damage to 30% so 4shots of m21 is needed for one kill)

-Maybe we could set the snipers to have same thing but with longer delay, so they can stay put but not for too long.

Or as @Milad noted, some snipers are not so problematic.. so lower their dmg a bit or include semi-auto snipers to the anti camp.

-Also we could increase wallbang damage to 50%, some weapons barely do anything through walls now.
Some walls are easily penetrated, like in the killhouse map, there is no helping that map, hah.

And I noticed that the percentage of damage sometimes starts at the value which was active when you died, don't know if it' is a visual or something else.

Edited by CROdator

11 minutes ago, CROdator said:

Maybe we could set the snipers to have same thing but with longer delay, so they can stay put but not for too long.

Well, what I was talking about. I absolutely agree. :thumbup:

-Definitely agree with the others regarding the wall bang damage being too low.  

-I have also noticed (same as CRO) that the anti camp damage percentage doesn't reset back to 100 after death and re-spawn. It stays at the percentage you had before death. Was this intentional or a bug?

-If the intention of increasing player hp was to stop weapons insta killing, then i'm not sure how well this has been implemented. I almost exclusively play with the G3, in my opinion the most OP weapon in the game, as long as you're accurate. However this still insta kills to upper body and head, so it just gives me the advantage of increased health further making the class OP. Not saying i want to gun nerfed because its the only weapon i use, but just wanted it to be noted.

:00007991:

1 hour ago, T O M said:

If the intention of increasing player hp was to stop weapons insta killing, then i'm not sure how well this has been implemented

Well, it's an HC server, so weapons with higher calibre should be one shot one kill in case of torso/head-shot :)

Update:

Wallbang damage has been increased from 25% to 40%. If this still feels too weak it will be further increased.

Player health has been increased to 50 for real this time. There was a bug that caused health to revert back to 30. Also clarification on this change: the purpose is not to stop one shot kills but to aid in general gameplay balance. Most of the weapons have so much damage, the damage reduction wouldn't help unless it went into absurdly low levels.

As for the snipers it is a bit trickier. Every sniper rifle does 70 damage per shot meaning the damage would need to be reduced by 30% to stop one shot kills. If anti camp worked on snipers as well in current state, a bit of dancing around would be all it takes to keep the modifier value above 70%.

Not sure if i'm imagining this or not, will do some more testing when i'm playing, but it seems after calling in certain kill streaks the anti-camp stop working until you die and re-spawn? 

But will update after a few hours of gameplay.

The most 'Abused' sniper would be the M21, i use an r700 and m40a3 whilst running around, now if they were to NOT one shot then that would deem the r700 and m40 useless as they already are single shot rifles and take time to shoot again and not semi automatics as you can shoot the m21 soo much quicker, unless this is only being applied to the semi automatic sniper.

I love the update tho , smart idea and brilliant execution

I don't know if this happened to others or not.
My DMG bar started getting lower, so I started running Then it got full again but when I started shooting others it seemed like dealing less damage. It happened a few times so, as I can't be certain if it's a bug or I'm just wrong, I'll post this here! if anyone experienced the same just say so.

On the feedback subject:
Honestly, I'm not a fan of the increase in HP! now, most of the time (even with 100% DMG) Desert Eagle doesn't kill with one shot. For an HC server I think Desert should have a one-shot-kill power. I hope there is something to do about this one! I really enjoy one tapping with the Desert...

I agree with KMB too, The problem is with m21. Dragunov and Barett have a bad recoil so they are kinda OK. But m21 really messes things up, easy to spam a location with it.

Just a few points that Proxict mentioned before:

• The nade spam is for real but I think it is rather complicated to deal with so no worries for now. BUT the RPG spam can be dealt with... it is the same as the grenade launcher. Too much damage and too many of it in some maps! maybe disable them for a few maps (especially vacant) or disable them completely. if disabling isn't an option, then reducing the damage and number of RPGs can still work.
  • It would be nice to see the DMG status of the person who killed you as well.

Still way better gameplay than before. Thaaaaaaaaaaank You @leiizko

OH BTW at the end of every round there is the sound "AH" every like 4 seconds which is really annoying. It continues until the map changes

demo.dm_1
check it out if you don't believe xD
NOW I'm sure it's not just the end of the round! it's constantly happening. like every 5seconds... it's really annoying 

Edited by Milad

Last update for today. There was some weird stuff going on with damage modifier which should now hopefuly be fixed. The "AH" sound should be gone aswell now.

As for deagle it should still one shot as long as you keep your damage at 100%. Possibly the damage bug kept it from one shotting. If M21 is the only problematic sniper rifle I might just reduce its damage so it takes 2 shots to kill (or 1 headshot). RPG will probably just get disabled as I've noticed people just suicide with it all the time, pretty stupid playstyle.

Killcam will show attackers damage in a later update.

The deagle unfortuantly isn't one shot even with 100% DMG, unless you're running stopping power, which i run UAV jammer , and i agree with @Milad as the M21 is the only problem sniper as the rest have plenty of recoil and/or a bolt-action animation or reload.

RPG's in my opinion should be removed as it's just too easy to get multiple kills without any sort of skill.

Thank you for all the updates also :D@leiizko

-Anticamp dmg should maybe be refiled just a small bit faster, rn it takes a lot of running to fill it back up.
-If its not too much hussle, it would be nice to see killers damage modifier on killcam. If it would not break gameplay.

Unrelated to anticamp system, someone asked to change the server map rotation, could you just re-arange the order of the maps?

A lot of things to do, thank you for your time @leiizko.

Edited by CROdator