leiizko

HC HighXP server update

After playing for a good few days, i feel the anti-camp is not working very well, i'm still getting one shotted by m21's sitting in the same place every game on a regular basis and they are avoiding the anti camp DMG system by simply using stopping power which i tried myself , i was very rarely getting hitmarkers.

Also i think stuns need to be removed as by the time you actually can move or see when you get stunned your DMG is at 64 unless you constantly move but then you're at an even more disadvantage which i don't think should be the case.

Edited by KMB

Stopping power damage should no longer have any effect.

Now also need balance suggestions regarding care package and killstreaks needed.

There are currently 11 hardpoints (10 live): UAV, Airstrike, Arty, AGM, Care Package, ASF, Heli, Predator, AC130, Chopper Gunner, Nuke.

For care package i'm looking for suggestions about chance of getting each hardpoint in percentage (excluding care package and ASF) - 9 hardpoints in total and sum must be 100%.

Lastly how many kills needed for each hardpoint, but keep in mind you can only have 3. Nuke will probably end up being a high killstreak reward for everyone without the need to select it. Only 1 hardpoint can be selected from a same group - hardpoints that need exactly the same number of kills.

3 hours ago, CROdator said:

Like any effect at all ?

Right now the damage increase was dropped to 5%, which is pretty much nothing.

For future update I will probably change the perk to do something else. Current ideas are to slow on hit / cause bleed effect / increase the time needed to heal back to full.

TDM mod is really crowded so "blood effect" is not a good fit! however, "the increase in the time needed to heal back" seems fun! this way you might not get the kill but you get more assists.
Also because its hardcore "slow when hit" is useless! Like 99% of the time if you are hit you are dead already. 

Edited by Milad

After playing several hours, I have to say m21 has too much damage yet! the fact that its a low recoil gun makes the DMG useless! ""1 shot won't kill, FINE I'll shoot 3 shots every time! it doesn't matter, I don't have to aim again."" 
Btw lately with 67 DMG most of the time you die with one shot. which is weird.
So Lets just ban m21 and be done with it. 

More importantly, p90.  ( :00008862: Kill me now)  It has too much damage and ammo! "" just prefire every corner or door that you wanna go through and you still have enough ammo to kill an army."" 
As this is a favorite gun in the server (KILL ME NOW AGAIN!) banning it is not a good option! it might reduce the number of players. So why not reduce the damage? maybe like half?
then we will check how it goes

Maybe then we will begin to ban everything and leave 2-3 weapons?

Let's say the p90 is the same machine gun, but lighter. Why don't we ban machine guns?

First of all, this is a tactical game, and we have all the possible shelters to avoid death from such weapons. And now we have a damage system that will either help us or destroy us. My opinion is that we should not exclude weapons from the game if we want to leave the server the same and not create something else from the old game (mod ??).

well, situations are different in the game!
I agree with you @VanZy, that's why I said p90 should not be banned. but m21 is different, people hard camp with them is some locations that are very hard to kill them from, then they have the advantage of the killstreaks! when the same thing happens with bolt action snipers you can use jumping so the sniper would miss the shot and the window. But with m21 he just fires a whole mag until he gets you, very low recoil.
This makes people leave the server and we don't want that. 

The p90 is something entirely different. It has a lot of bullets and as this is HC, you can just prefire everywhere and get kills. In my opinion, it is much better to reduce the damage a bit. 

By the way, if we don't exclude weapons we may as well add the grenade launcher and RPG back! I can promise the server would be empty in a week. some tweaks are necessary when 34 players are on the server.

1 hour ago, Milad said:

By the way, if we don't exclude weapons we may as well add the grenade launcher and RPG back! I can promise the server would be empty in a week. some tweaks are necessary when 34 players are on the server.

Yes I agree. Everything that was said about weapons is not such a big problem as a huge number of people on the server. I rarely play, but in order to start to capture the leading places in games, you need to adapt to so many people. Сomplete chaos, especially with guarantors and a series of killings.

But strangely enough, I know people who like so many people on the server. Therefore, us need to look for some compromise from this situation. And what causes great annoyance is grenades and a series of killings. I propose also, as with the rotation of maps, to bind a certain number of people on the server to bind the number ppl the ability to carry grenades.

e.g. If ppl < 16 - all have grenades

else - all haven't grenades

Edited by VanZy

39 minutes ago, leiizko said:

There is something new on so-called HC TEST SERVER ;)

Slow download will be fixed soon. If it's already fast nevermind.

I have had a quick glance at this and i think this is actually implemented exteremly well.

I'm not sure why but i didn't have any of my classes it only had default ones and default custom classes , maybe due to the mod?

Also there is an option for 4 killstreaks buttons, but you can only have 3 killstreaks equipped?

21 hours ago, KMB said:

I'm not sure why but i didn't have any of my classes it only had default ones and default custom classes , maybe due to the mod?

It's because of the mod. Once this is out of the testing phase nothing will be reset.

21 hours ago, KMB said:

Also there is an option for 4 killstreaks buttons, but you can only have 3 killstreaks equipped?

4th button is reserved for stuff from care package and nuke. Anyone can get a nuke without selecting it.

Help wanted! 

We now have the option of translating most of the new text that this mod brings. So if you speak any of the other cod4 supported languages please take a try at it.

There is about 90 texts to be translated, attached in a file below. The syntax looks like this:

REFERENCE           HARDPOINT_CALLED_BY
LANG_ENGLISH        "&&1 called by^1 &&2"

Everything in big capital letters is to be left as is. All that needs translating is contained inside the quotation marks( "&&1 called by^1 &&2" ). &&1, &&2, etc is a placeholder that gets replaced once used. You need to keep that as is and must keep in mind the context of the text (example: "Airstrike called by Leiizko"). ^1 or ^number in general is color so you leave that aswell. 

You can use any text editor to open the file. Personally I use Notepad++.

Once translated please upload the file in this thread.

ne.str

@leiizko So, I just finished the Czech translation and I ran into a problem with a translation of the hardpoint weapons names. The problem is, the Czech language has a rather complex declension system where nouns take a different form based on the context they're used in. This fact makes it so much harder to make use of the placeholders as many phrases just wouldn't make any sense after substituting the placeholder for the translated name. And this doesn't apply only to the Czech language, I think many Slavic languages suffer from this problem.

Personally, I'm more inclined towards not translating the hardpoint weapon names at all as it might do more harm than good, so I left them in verbatim. And frankly, I think most of the names are a lingua franca among all the players anyway and translating them would only lead to confusion.

Also, in some other cases, it just doesn't make sense to translate certain nouns. For example, the word "killstreak" is impossible to translate to Czech using one word, it would be something like "Počet zabití v řadě" (Number of kills in a row). And it might not even fit into the UI.

A problem I'm concerned about is diacritic that isn't present in fonts used by CoD4. For example, as far as I know, CoD4 cannot draw characters with carons (ěščřžý) which are widely used in Czech. So I think, eventually, we'll have to get rid of the diacritic even though the translation won't look very good, but if that's the only option, we will have to go with that, I guess.

Because I wasn't always sure about the context, I am sure there are going to be some nonsenses in my translation. I guess I'll just have to try it out myself in action to see what it looks like when it's all put together.

Also, regardless of the localization, if someone has a colourful name, the colour escape sequence will propagate further to the text followed after the name. To mitigate this, I think every placeholder, that might contain a colour once substituted, would have to be terminated by a default colour escape sequence. Of course, that only holds true if the text isn't already stripped of the colours, in which case just act as if I didn't say anything :D

PS: When I try to use a certain hardpoint weapon, there is this annoying message saying: "
You must stand to use this hardpoint". I never understood this restriction, is it necessary for some reason?

ne.str

cs.str

Edited by ProXicT

Well, in general, I made localization into Russian, but there are some doubts in terms of context, the Russian language is a little more complicated than you might think at first glance, one word may sound different and mean something else. But I think I managed it.

@leiizko, Could you upload this to the test server first? 

I will check the declination classes and make corrections if necessary.

ru.str

On 4/12/2020 at 11:54 AM, VanZy said:

Well, in general, I made localization into Russian, but there are some doubts in terms of context, the Russian language is a little more complicated than you might think at first glance, one word may sound different and mean something else. But I think I managed it.

@leiizko, Could you upload this to the test server first?  

I will check the declination classes and make corrections if necessary.

ru.str

Yeah, that's what I suspected when I said that I believe most of the Slavic languages will suffer from this problem :D

From my point of view based on my experience in playing cod since release.. most of us..got his own time to camp..so adding this dmg effects to reduce camping is very good ..but kmb i think if we have done anything more than this..it will make us loose our reputations..from one of the best servers..to a very annoying server..and this will increase if they kept camping after all..from my point of view its so good now..even there's alot of people dont come anymore due to the dmg effects that have been added..but not a big deal we still got our fans =] <3

@|DoDziii| From players I know, they all leave IceOps servers after a few minutes just because of campers. It's actually hard to bring new people to this server just due to campers who somehow enjoy the game while sitting in a corner with m21 all the time, surrounded by claymores.

4 minutes ago, ProXicT said:

@|DoDziii| From players I know, they all leave IceOps servers after a few minutes just because of campers. It's actually hard to bring new people to this server just due to campers who somehow enjoy the game while sitting in a corner with m21 all the time, surrounded by claymores.

Heiii Proxii..:) long miss dude..hope you are doing well..Stay safe <3..!

Hmmm you words are totally correct too and i am with you..but this is in all the servers in Cod....my suggestion about this.. that  we can remove this dmg progress ..and add a new command wich makes it automatically go to spectator if you stayed for 2-3 mins in the same 3 tiles..it will help so much rather than canceling weapons and reducing damage etc.. :)

Hey mate, yeah, I'm not very active on the servers lately, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing you all in-game again soon! Yep, I'm doing well, thanks :) I hope you're doing well, too ;)  
I wouldn't say that camping is as big of a problem on other CoD4 servers as it is here. In fact, on many servers, it's against the rules to camp and admins usually kick players who are notoriously camping. And at least on the servers I've been playing at for some time, camping is no longer an issue.

Ad the punishment for camping - there have been many great ideas in this thread to mitigate the problem. But the most difficult task is probably the implementation. Somewhere in this thread, I already pointed it out that detecting the campers is not as easy as it might sound, so getting this to work correctly might take some time and a lot of trial and error.

Edited by ProXicT

In a server (don't remember the name right now) if you camp over like 30 seconds (just a number), the counter goes +1, a warn comes out and if you shoot at an enemy, it's like shooting at yourself (the enemy survives and you die).

As soon as you move, the penality goes off.

At the end of the game a writing appears with " Camper of the game: your_name" for the player who has camped several times.

With VanZy mentioning grenades, I feel that possibly a solution for it would be to reduce the blast radius of them, since that might be better than the alternative in this situation which would be reducing the damage. Another possibility would be allowing only assault rifle classes to have them for example but that would have to be modified for the dual primary perk.

I'd personally love for p90 and m21 to be removed, however a 50% reduction in damage with p90 is better as p90 lovers can still remain of course testing will all need to be done etc etc.

M21, I'm not sure what to even say, straight up removed :P however I have noticed in the last week as of today 2020/04/20 (happy 420) that many players who would only use m21 have started using other rifles and even bolt actions to my surprise. 

Could someone DM about these new killstreak rewards system?

Regards,

- TrashPanda