leiizko

HC HighXP server update

The problem is that we can't afford people leaving, so banning weapons isn't the best choice. 
We need to make a compromise and do something else, nerf was a good start.

True but we leave because of too many campers, m21 and p90.
Meaning that we "have to ban" 3 groups of people just to have 1 group of people play. (not to mention RPG and GL squads)

In short it would perhaps result in even more people leaving.

Well not really because the p90 was never abused this much before the anti-camp update, now it's being abused left right and center, and the m21 has always been an issue , they were not using p90s at all but not everyone is suddenly using it

First of all thank you all for the translations! I will open another thread soon that will only focus on localization and keep it up to date for easier further translations and fixes.

On 4/9/2020 at 8:13 PM, ProXicT said:

PS: When I try to use a certain hardpoint weapon, there is this annoying message saying: "You must stand to use this hardpoint". I never understood this restriction, is it necessary for some reason?

It is to prevent proning. These hardpoints actually change your position and not just camera focus. If you are prone you cannot look straight down which makes you unable aim properly.

On 4/14/2020 at 11:47 PM, 610 *.* said:

I think there is a repetition in CHOPPER_GUNNER_FRIENDLY - "FRIENDLY CHOPPER FRIENDLY INBOUND!" (two times friendly).

Thanks for pointing this out. The correct is "FRIENDLY CHOPPER GUNNER INBOUND!". Like said this will all be uploaded to another thread so potentional fixes can be made where needed.

As for the M21/P90 discussion. It is getting nerfed quite hard. Hopefully the new patch will be ready soon.

37 minutes ago, leiizko said:
On 4/9/2020 at 8:13 PM, ProXicT said:

PS: When I try to use a certain hardpoint weapon, there is this annoying message saying: "You must stand to use this hardpoint". I never understood this restriction, is it necessary for some reason?

It is to prevent proning. These hardpoints actually change your position and not just camera focus. If you are prone you cannot look straight down which makes you unable aim properly. 

Oh, I see, makes sense. Thanks for the explanation ;)

2 hours ago, leiizko said:

As for the M21/P90 discussion. It is getting nerfed quite hard. Hopefully the new patch will be ready soon.

Thank you! My sanity also says thank you XD

@leiizko would you be able to list what the new set of killstreak rewards will be (after some are added/removed etc). I would like to make possibly a kind of poll where the community will be able to vote on which they would prefer between X and Y for lets say a 6 killstreak. Hopefully what I have said makes sense.
Regards,
TrashPanda

So after 2 rounds on the server with the new update, I have to say that it is partially unplayable. And no, not only because the P90 is now completely useless, which I will come back to shortly. First of all, the killstreaks are bugged. sometimes you don't get some. The other is, why do you need four different buttons now? One like before would have been far better. Then a general question about damage to the weapons. It almost seems that all weapons have got a nerf. With an AK74u, for example, you have to chase half a magazine into the enemy to die, whereas now people with an RPG are there to give you 10 shots and you're dead. Just like the perks. Double shot is now what everyone should take with him because increased cartridge damage seems to be completely pointless. I find the Prestige system quite nice, but also has a bug. It is sometimes shown invisibly on the scoreboard. You had already announced the P90 nerf, but you can no longer use the weapon, which not only annoys me extremely, but many others who have been there before. The weapon should be nerfed A BIT!, but not so that you can no longer use it. As far as the M21 is concerned, I can't say anything because nobody has been on it yet.

Than, a lot of times after i got an Airstrike the Game Crashed. Sometimes the Game crashed after shooting on someone and give him a headshot. I dont know but 18.0 till now is completly unplayable at all..

But I think this update will take the fun out of many players, including me.. :/

After the server got a bit more full i can say something more about the update..

M21 Still kills everyone with 1 shot on 34DMG same as all the other sniper weapons.
All mp weapons are totaly unplayable..
Killstreaks complet OP for example: own3d had a higher KDA than an Aimbot on the old mod i think there is nothing more to say.
My Idea: take this new mod and use it on another server and bring the old mod back. People who enjoy like 0 Gameplay only strikes go to this server and the rest plays the good old mod :) 

Since the main Problem with the m21 isnt fixed anyways so we could continue on the old one.
And another thing is the core on the new mod.. its Softcore not even Hardcore it seems..
So after all, its less playable as the little p90 problem was on the old mod. Decide by yourself but the Idea of 2 diffrent servers with 2 diffrent Mods seems to be the best..

(And no, its not only me who doesnt like the Update by far)...

And as last but maybe not least, The Prestige System is nice, you should take it into the old mod and i think everything is perfect. :)

Any possibility to get 17.9 back? 18.0 crashed away so many times in shot decays..

Edited by $t0rM [=

Excuse me @$t0rM [= if I'm too tired to realize, but I didn't see you saying any valid argument to why the P90 is useless, you just said that:
"...now completely useless.." and "...you can no longer use it...".
I'm not saying that you are wrong, but however obvious it is, you should say a fact so we can improve.

As for the keybinds for the killstreaks I agree that so many keys are too many. We should have the default key and
when someone has more options so he uses them in order that he got them. I think that we shouldn't add too much that is new, at least for now.

@TrashPanda there is a selection of killstreaks for each number of kills on test server, I'm guessing that is how it will work.

Edited by CROdator
estetics

Alright let me explain it a bit: P90 has 100 Bullets, you need more than 20 or maybe 30 bullets to kill someone. in this time your dead by nearly every other weapon.
Same is MP5: you need more than 10 Bullets to kill someone
AK74u: same as MP5 10 bullets

^ all this bullets are counted on 100DMG

and now the snipers:
M21: 1 Bullet 100-34DMG
M40A3: 1 Bullet 100-34DMG

So MP5 seems fine to me with close range to medium range, but long range i didn't manage to get a single kill.
Killstreaks audio needs to be at least 50% quieter and fixed, this is breaking the sound barrier xd

By the way @leiizko the name color in the kill log is reversed! when a marine kills an opfor, we see a name in yellow killing a name in grey. it's just reversed. I don't know if it made any sense xD
Hopefully you get what I mean.

// 		CHOICE_HP( id,	 bg,			 streak, txt				 ) 		//
		CHOICE_HP( 0,	 "radar_mp",		 3,	 "UAV"				 )
		CHOICE_HP( 1,	 "cuav_mp",		 3,	 "CUAV"				 )

CHOICE_HP( 3,	 "asf_mp",		 4,	 "ASF"				 )	
		CHOICE_HP( 4,	 "carepackage_mp",	 4,	 "CP"				 )

CHOICE_HP( 6,	 "artillery_mp",	 5,	 "ARTY"				 )

CHOICE_HP( 8,	 "airstrike_mp",	 7,	 "AIRSTRIKE"			 )
		CHOICE_HP( 9,	 "agm_mp",		 7,	 "AGM"				 )

CHOICE_HP( 11,	 "predator_mp",		 12,	 "PREDATOR"			 )
		CHOICE_HP( 12,	 "mannedheli_mp",	 12,	 "CHOPPER_GUNNER"		 )

CHOICE_HP( 14,	 "helicopter_mp",	 16,	 "HELI" 			 )
		CHOICE_HP( 15,	 "ac130_mp",		 16,	 "AC130"			 )

Thinking about this as a final number of kills for hardpoints (streak column). Opinions?

Seems good. The time for Heli and chopper gunner are too long! and the sound is still way too high! I literally mute the game when there is a chopper gunner or AC130 in the air.  Also the vibration is way too much.
How long does the chopper gunner stay in the air? maybe make it half.

edit: now that i see the chopper gunner in the air tbh 12 kills seems to be low! maybe 14. If its duration is not reduced of course.

Edited by Milad

CHOICE_HP( 6,	 "artillery_mp",	 5,	 "ARTY"

This should be available with 7 kills too like the Airstrike.

And im not sure but it seems like some of the Strikes are counting the Killstreak. This should be changed aswell.

And something i rly hate is the "kick for inactivity". Actually you get kicked if u spectate a Player. This is bad i think, dont know how u guys feel about it but i have some problems with that :D 

Edited by $t0rM [=

43 minutes ago, $t0rM [= said:

And something i rly hate is the "kick for inactivity". Actually you get kicked if u spectate a Player. This is bad i think, dont know how u guys feel about it but i have some problems with that :D 

@Leiizko did you add inactivity kicking?

I would hate that as well. 

Probably has to do with the most shittiest site ever, gametracker.com which is banning servers like crazy.

However this will not help to server popularity which is already in danger considering the issues with new update.

7 hours ago, $t0rM [= said:

And im not sure but it seems like some of the Strikes are counting the Killstreak. This should be changed aswell.

Yes, Chopper Gunner are counting the Killstreak. All would be nothing, because his can be knocked down. But as it turns out in practice, he may quickly knocked enemy team 3-4 times.

I don't know if it was the intention of the update or not, but at least for me all weapon unlocks have been made immediately available and all challenges are nullified.

@leiizko 
Care packages:
Would it be possible to alter the care package by means of the time it takes to collect/open it compared to if someone is stealing it from the opposing team or if a teammate is taking it.
I personally feel it should be a shorter amount of time for the person who called in the care package to collect it compared to team mates or enemies as I have personally experienced having packages stolen. 80% of the care packages that I have called in have been stolen by team mates due to me keeping an eye out for enemies while it is being dropped. Even being 1 second behind a team mate on opening it, they get it.

I admit that I have raged due to this as players that are pretty much just kill feeding for the enemy team steal care packages.

Chopper Gunner:
The times I have had the chopper gunner, you are in the air for a really long time. I think this should be reduced by 50% or at least 30%-40%. 

Killstreak kill requirements:
Some of the killstreak kill requirements are quite low in my opinion when you compare it to how strong the killstreak is. I have not made notes as to which should possibly have a kill requirement increase.

Regards,
TrashPanda

what the actual fuck happened to this server? where do I even begin? seriously what the fuck. it's so shit all that was supposed to happen was p90 and m21 nerf. Don't listen to the players it's fine. Do what you want without taking any player considerations. This server was decent, sure it had minor flaws but was on the right path to becoming enjoyable again. I have been absent from this server for a few days and I come back to this shit. Seriously I don't know what to say. It's a total unplayable mess. To think I was about to donate. Ac130s everywhere when the guy has 5 kills wtf? can't move without airstrikes bombarding the full match. This server didn't need any of this unnecessary mess. Having to have multiple binds for different killstreaks?! Before I had the simplicity of using every killstreak by simply scrolling down. I'm really disappointed this was the few decent servers left. And now it's just sad to see a good server go to waste. I hope there is a prospect of harmonising the server again. But until there is such change, I think I'm done with Iceops now. I'd like to Thank @KMB, @ProXicT , @$t0rM [= and a few other people I have met.

Rory.