610 *.*

Don't wanna be admin anymore

Hi,

I don't like campers and I'm not one of them, but like I use to say "I love campers, you always know where to kill em". lol

I suggested to implement like a self-destruction after 10 sec of camp or something like that, but obviously it takes time.

After that, I use m21, a sniper gun, in a couple of maps.

It's sniping, it's not a sniper server where all rushes randomly in the map, so it suppose to stay in one point. On the other hand, if you wanna rush with sniper it's your choice, like mine it's to stay and snip.

In my case i was sniping in an house on strike, not same point cause the house has at least 5 diffents point of view for snip, but kmb warned me. rofl

So I'm tired to see people warned cause he's sniping and accused of camping with no objective values, warned cause "you can't arguing with an admin" (why? the others are sh*t?) and something like that.

Edit: ah, thank you Kenai, Behemoth, Fox, VanZy and ProXict (love killhouse+shipment combo) for accempting me.

Kindly

Edited by 610 *.*

Hi 610,

Since I was the one who started all this because I believe I was the one who first kicked someone for chronic camping, I feel obligated to share my opinion about campers on this server.

I totally understand that when you're sniping, you don't want to run around in the middle of the map to get yourself killed. On the other hand, many players (active players will know very well who I'm talking about) take that to such extremes that they hide with M21 behind an obstacle so that only a few pixels of their head is visible, if at all. I think it was MVR who I kicked for chronic camping on crossfire where he always sits at spots that are hard to reach and he's almost invisible at these spots (note that he's also the guy who loves to abuse the sandbags glitch on ambush). With MVR, on crossfire he's notoriously camping in top hotel, on crash it's spawn-house balcony, on strike it's hotel square, on citystreets it's grave-yard and so on - always "head-glitching" (yes, that's a term used in CoD4). And one could argue that it's also part of the skill to blend in with the environment, and they would be right, partially it is, but again, not when you're sitting at one spot throughout the entire map and abusing these places that are hard to reach. It's so frustrating for other players that they are leaving the game. When I first kicked MVR for camping, it wasn't only on my behalf, I think he was even in my team, but many players left just because of him.

Camping has been an issue for a long time here and it's been such a big issue that @leiizko has spent I believe more than several evenings trying to implement something that would address the issue. Unfortunately, the implementation doesn't work as intended (which was broadly discussed in another thread), so I think we'll have to try something different. But since all of this takes a lot of time, I thought I would just help the situation by temporarily kicking these hard-campers (after asking them to move) from the game when they are causing other people to leave, until a working solution gets implemented. I'm trying to be as tolerant as I can be in this respect because as I already said, I really do understand that not everyone is keen about running with sniper rifle in the middle of the street.

CoD4 in general is not doing as great as last year and it's getting considerably worse every year. And I know for a fact that many former CoD4 players wanted to return to the game, only to find out that one of the most, if not the most occupied servers is full of campers that render the game unplayable. So yes, I'm trying to take actions to prevent this from happening.

I haven't been there when KMB warned you for camping, but I'm pretty sure he knew what he was doing.

Hope you'll think it through and stay with us :)

Best Regards

ProXicT.

Hello,

Okay first of all, none of this would of happened if i didn't clearly see you were abusing the Anti-Camp system with the M21 on ambush, i asked you not to abuse it and you started to argue with me, I warned you because you we're ignoring what i said and continued to do so! This is just blaitently exploiting the Anti-Camp system. The issue was not about where you were looking it was that you were not moving or just about moving... but staying in said location,also you may be able to see 5 different ways out but you chose to stay in the position to have the advantage of using the m21 from long range with a 1 shot capability.

There is a serious ploblem with people exploiting these 'said' weapons just because they don't get affected by the Anti-Camp at all it seems like, we have all been patiently waiting for an update to fix this issue but it's now at the point where a lot of people are leaving within a few minutes because they can't do anything.

I personally myself have stopped playing by at least 90% because it's literally unplayable for a player with my 'gamestyle', it's too unfair on the players that actually abide by this Anti-Camp system because they can't kill in 1 shot with any other weapons at 34DMG and have no ability to kill a player sitting in one spot across the map, i tried explaining this. Especially when players are going 40 kills to 0 deaths because they can't be killed from accross the map, and this happens almost every game!

This is a server wide issue that the M21 just ignores the Anti-Camp it seems and because of that no one seems to move because they don't need to.

2 hours ago, 610 *.* said:

So I'm tired to see people warned cause he's sniping and accused of camping with no objective values, warned cause "you can't arguing with an admin" (why? the others are sh*t?) and something like that.

Actually the warning was for 'Chronic M21 Camping' but i did state, regulars players would be kicked if they were to argue with an admin like you were doing.

I'm sorry you feel this way and i hope you do re-consider to stay.

-KMB

P.s.-  If i was in the wrong then someone tell me but quite frankly i feel i was justified in doing what i did in said situation , i didn't do it for myself , i did it for other players in the server because this has been a major issue for too long in my opinion and he was not the only player that was being asked to move.

I should also point out, we tend to blame the weapons, but that's not the root cause of the problem. The problem are the campers regardless of the weapon they use. If we ban M21, they will find another weapon that maybe isn't as OP but has similar effect, like Barrett or SVD, for example.

i am not good at long paragraphs m8 but i'll keep it short and simple what ever your facing about camping or any problems remember that iceops is more like a family and if your not considered one at the first place they havnt accepted you in the beginning man i am here as your brother we all here!!!

i also made a son here not even brothers @CROdator my lovely son <3   

IceOps is all about having fun and enjoy your time and i am certain that you shall change your mind for your brother here asking not to leave just feel free to tell me every thing i will always be here you  can ask other fella members just tell me all your passing threw 

Plus your our bounty hunter man the most guy who keeps the server clean imagine those hackers without you in the server they will be annoying more than campers trust me 

Hope you take my words into consideration my friend 

So we can warn/kick any player (even an other admin) just because we do not like his gameplay style?!? This way let’s warn, 

kick and ban every P90 players, or those who are using claymores, i hate claymores !

From what I know, camping is still allowed but uncouraged thanks to the anti-camp system. 

We are not here to create rules but to apply them. If our counselors tell us to warn and kick campers the time that an other anti camp system is created (or not), then yes. So do we have to warn/kick a M21 player who find a way to camp easily with the anti camp system? 

Changes must be gradual, I don’t really think warn and kick campers is the good way to make these changes. It’s actually going too far. 

610, I am sorry you want to leave us because of that and I hope you will stay.

PS: I am not defending the campers, but even if they are annoying, they also are a big part of our players, we must do with it for now.

No not because i don't like there playstyle at all, because they're clearly exploiting a flaw in the system, and so its fair i can't play because these play abuse this system ... Seems a bit one sided FOR the people abusing the system quite frankly.

This is NOT normal playstyles for most of these players, they are just doing it this way because its the best way to get past the dmg system, If we can't warn or kick or do ANYTHING until the update arrives then whats the point in playing if these players get ALL the advantage and no negative..

(Q). Whats the best way to deal with this then until the update comes?
(A). Leave

There is literally nothing else to do but leave if nothing else can be done, i don't mind 'Campers' , it's the 'Extreme Camping with M21' that A LOT of people have an issue with , the only people that don't have an issue with it , is the ones abusing it.

It is literally Unplayable for anyone with my playstyle and you'll find there's a good amount of players that play just like me, abiding by the anti-camp with no reward except full damage when m21's get that sitting still. Unfair advantage on a serious scale and quite frankly a lot of players agree and so do i!

- KMB

Edited by KMB

Interesting conversation and topic.

Some of you know that I am a player with pings in the 300+ range and that I don't sit still for long lol.
I know camping is allowed but I too do find that it is frustrating when you do get some that are able to camp in the same spot for the entire game and not be killed.
I have tried so many times to get to some of these campers without success and a large amount of death (I don't care about my KD)

It also frustrating when there are only certain ways to approach these players and you continues to get killed no matter what you do or how hard you try.
During some of these times, I just completely gave up and left, feeling that it destroyed my sense of fun playing.

IF only I was able to jump or fly above them to kill them lol (it would be a shock to the core)
Hmmm thinking along that line, maybe it could be earned when you get so many kills (instead of getting uav for VIP, we get to fly haha)

Okay, it not a good sight to see the admins here arguing about something that is affecting some of your regular players.
Honestly, I think the really hard core campers that has large amount of kills and no death should be warned to move to another camp spot if they still want to camp.
That way they are not camping in the one spot the whole map, move between camp spots instead.

Verbal warnings (ask them to move nicely :) ) in game to begin with, if no action after asking 2-3 times(when you ask the 3rd time let them know that the next time will be a kick)(this gives them a chance to move) then I think the kick would work better than an admin warning.

I suggest all the admins needs to discuss this in private and come up with a solution that is fair on the campers and non campers. (Hence my suggestion above)
Cheers

Ohh and this is a really lovely, friendly family clan <3

Edited by RedRose

I can just say, have some more patience for the fix.
Sadly we don't have enough skilled people to do anything fast.

As for the discipline measures. It's all in a very gray area of the rules,
so i don't think it should be argued about because it will make no point.
Gray area meaning: this is borderline against the "Don't make your own rules" moderator abuse,
and then again It is kinda violating the anti-camp.

Nobody is at fault here, we just need time to make a valid compromise.
And yes my apparent dad @Behemoth here is right, we try to be as much as a family as we can.

After watching some vids i think that we should even somehow add more recoil to m21 hah.

There's a video of a guy shooting the P90 with one hand on full auto with steady recoil... says it all.

Edited by CROdator

Croda said it all ;) 

I also agree with RedRose, hard camp is breaking the pleasure of a lot of players and that since COD exists. 

I understand KMB's point of view, his desire and involvement to make the server better (and sometimes more playable), but be careful about how you are doing it ;) 

For exemple, do not warn and/or kick an other moderator :00008359:, it's a friend and we must band together ;) 

If you have a doubt contact a super admin or another member.

27 minutes ago, CROdator said:

we should even somehow add more recoil to m21 hah.

Yes it's a good idea, recoil does not really exists on it and we can easily spray and one shot despite of the anticamp :wacko:

@610 *.* I hope you'll accept to stay with us and to know KMB better, he is not a bad guy ;)

Just to catch this up here. What I am wondering, since when does our staff warn/kick each other? Did I miss something?

When the M21 does not get caught by the anti-camp system, I guess it was implemented like this on purpose and isn't a glitch.

In all seriously when you can not kill that guy camping there at the same spot for the whole game - I am sorry to say that - then you are probably not a good player or you are facing a cheater. You still have the advantage of knowing his position while he does not know from where you are coming from.

Camping is part of this game mode. If you don't like it play another game or gametype. We had the past 10 years no rules against camping nor an anti camp system. This did not stop the server from getting filled. Some players being mad about campers is something which also existed for the past 10 years, still the server did not go empty due to campers. If you don't like it play another game or at least not (Team)deathmatch.

52 minutes ago, IJzzo said:

When the M21 does not get caught by the anti-camp system, I guess it was implemented like this on purpose and isn't a glitch.

So if this is not a glitch nor a bug or any sort then why have we been told that the m21 and p90 are due to be nerfed, there is clearly something wrong with it. Every other weapon gets this anti-camp but not the m21, that does not seem right.

I'm not a bad player in any sort of way , yes you have the advtange of knowing where they are but killing them is completely different when they're aiming in your spawn or the EXIT of your spawn, this problem with m21 has just been getting worse every day since the update was released.

Camp all you want , idc at all , its the abuse of the m21 is what is the issue, sitting there all game in one spot without the anti camp doing anything, yet i could run round all game and get 10 hitmarkers with an ak because im on 67 DMG...

If playing another server is the only way to go then unfortuantly it will have to be that because this doesn't seem like its ever going to change. And this is way to unfair for the people who are actually abiding by the Anti-Camp system.

-KMB

So with this it is a really grey area as to what you should do.

You go onto any call of duty game, even the latest ones taht come out like for example Warzone, you have tones of campers that camp on roofs etc. So i can understand the fustration from that point.

However with the M21 being rather overpowered if that is the case, then this will have to be investiaged. I must admit, i have not played on the Hardcore server for a while due to irl commitments. But if it is being abused with camping, @RedRose suggested something really simple which i don't see as bad thing at all personally:

12 hours ago, RedRose said:

Verbal warnings (ask them to move nicely :) ) in game to begin with, if no action after asking 2-3 times(when you ask the 3rd time let them know that the next time will be a kick)(this gives them a chance to move) then I think the kick would work better than an admin warning.

Simple things can change actions of people. I would most certainly hesitate from jumping streight to a warning, as fustrating as it can be, as it happens in all games with camping. But if the M21 is at a unfair advantage, then fair enough, investigations can happen.

As said though, i have not played for a long while so please do advise.

Hope we can come to a understanding as, im sure you will agree, IceOps has a lovely Family and Communtiy.

Disagreements are not a regular for us :)

Thank you all for the answers and the pm.

Fox catches what I mean "From what I know, camping is still allowed but uncouraged thanks to the anti-camp system".

And IJzzo too "In all seriously when you can not kill that guy camping there at the same spot for the whole game - I am sorry to say that - then you are probably not a good player".

That is the same think when I wrote "I love campers, you always know where to kill em". (just a funny way to say that I hate em =).

If you have to kick campers, let's define the parameters, but then the admins have to do only that all the time: spec players.

So you rightly implement anti-camp misures, like 34 dmg. Now, I think m21 and p90 need to be nerfed, but we need updates. We are humans, this is stil a game (some people forget this), so when it will be, it'll be. No rush. Until then (and also after, if they won't be banned) people can use the weapon they prefer.

But, for example, if you implement a self-destruction after 10 sec without moving, and at the 9th sec the player starts to freakly run around the room just to reset the counter, and then positionate himself again at the window for 9 sec and so on, we can't kick him. There is a rule.

The same thing for dmg rule.

Without the respect of these rules, the area will continue to stay grey.