TrashPanda

PC Specs (Upgrade priority)

Yo, so I'm wondering what the community would suggest that I upgrade first on my pc.
A few things to be made aware of:

• I'm in South Africa so currency is trash. It's about 18:1 to the US Dollar.
  • I'm a student so I'm practically broke.
  • My PC is old.
  • I don't have 20k (1.1k USD +/-) to blow on a PC.
  • I am looking to spend the least amount of money at the moment for the best possible results.
  • The two choices that I have are upgrading my RAM or my GPU, one or the other not both due to funds.
    • Reason I can only upgrade those two is because I am running a motherboard that supports DDR3 only.

What I'm aiming for is having about 100fps MINIMUM instead of like 45fps drops and even down to 25fps on certain maps and scenarios (extreme amount of smoke/explosions)

Here are my specs:

PC Specs.png

So instantly there from a IT Technicians point of view, i can see two things that are worth upgrading.

Your storage, you should be using a SSD as your main boot device and a Hard drive as your seccondary storage. This really does help performance on any computer from simply just starting the computer up, to even running programs that are stored on it.

RAM should really now adays be ran in Duel Channel (Have two sticks). This just takes a bit of slack off the CPU as that that one Ram Stick will be getting battered with data.

However, the GPU is really low quality as well and you could do a upgrade to a GTX 960 or something. I recommend using this site to see whats compattable and wont bottleneck: https://pc-builds.com/calculator/

Very much appreciated! 

I didn't even think that an SSD will affect my fps but I do know it helps a lot with having the C drive being an SSD.

My motherboard supports dual channel memory but unfortunately it only supports up to 1333Mhz in terms of RAM (I think I have gotten this correct). In terms of my plan on upgrading I was wanting to get 2x 4GB sticks at 1600MHz. 

GPUs are expensive for me here in South Africa, as our minimum wage is nothing compared to USA for example. Our minimum wage is 22 rands per hour, and as of right now the dollar to rand ratio is 17.55 rands : 1 dollar. So upgrading everything at once isn't an option unfortunately. 

Which order do you suggest I follow in terms of upgrading:

1. SSD for C:\ drive > 2x 4GB (1600Mhz) RAM > GPU
  2. 2x 4GB RAM > SSD for C:\ drive > GPU

Will be highly appreciated!

Regards,

TrashPanda