IJzzo

IceOps Gaming's 10 Year anniversary

Happy Belated Birthday IceOps and the Community!

Loved this clan and Community since joining and it's still kicking even after a decade!

Spoiler

source.gif

And here's looking towards another Ten Years!

giphy.gif

P.S; Lot's of nostalgia from those Xfire Screenshots, Makes me wish Obscurity was as popular as it was back in those days, Even the Zom DB was fun when I played.

-Kenai

Well I'll be damned, I have checked trough quite some screenshots and found some names I haven't heard in a loooong time..

Apparently @Kenai invented RTX graphics :D

Spoiler

118610670-4.thumb.jpg.f6db67dee79bd830f4c287228116bbd8.jpg

Even found myself xD
sad thing is, my ping was better back then hahah

Spoiler

CROPRED124309479-4.thumb.jpg.74a0af5383dd84f57593b008638744dd.jpg

Is it possible to find out the date when this was taken?
I think this is one of the earliest times that I've played on obs.

Spoiler

105644196-4.jpg.cdbced9d520c283b6f07520c0f31d4f3.jpg

You can even see the evolution of my name (HR-Mario > [CRO]Predator > CROdator) few evolutions are missing but still :D
Looking forward for more <3

Edited by CROdator

1 hour ago, CROdator said:

Is it possible to find out the date when this was taken?
I think this is one of the earliest times that I've played on obs.

Unfortunately nope. Jpeg files contain no date. Jpeg files are numbered by a counting serial, so they are in order but this serial number does not give any hints when it was taken. If you can make several specific screenshots fixed to a date, well then you can interpolate the date between the serial numbers. But that is a lot of work.

Btw. credits for saving the screenshots from the XFire-data-shredder are by NNJ (who hasn't been here anymore for ages)

1 hour ago, Kenai said:

P.S; Lot's of nostalgia from those Xfire Screenshots, Makes me wish Obscurity was as popular as it was back in those days, Even the Zom DB was fun when I played.

Well even when that should become popular again, we would have to nerf our Kenai, otherwise everyone is running away. 8|

1 minute ago, IJzzo said:

Well even when that should become popular again, we would have to nerf our Kenai, otherwise everyone is running away. 8|

I do agree with this, Make it so I only do like 1/4 of the normal damage as a Survivor and 1/3 as the Obscurity xD

The names, the memories, oh it's all rushing back!

It's amazing that IceOps is still chugging along when so many other CoD4 clans and communities have disappeared, but I'm glad to see it's still going after all this time. 

maybe in 2030 i'll see my memories xD 

http://prntscr.com/ekw6x7

http://prntscr.com/ekw7a2

http://prntscr.com/ekw7gn

http://prntscr.com/ekw7ua

http://prntscr.com/ekw83k

i missed those days tbh xD for people wondering this is a nuke you get it at 40 kill streak oh god how i miss the nuke and people reaction to it xD 

Really nostalgic screenshots. I remember a lot of good players, which, in turn, created a pleasant atmosphere of the game.

Congratulations to IceOps on the anniversary! This is a really strong date. I am proud that I am part of this community, that we are at least somehow developing. We are a large and multi-ethnic family, I love you all <3

happy birthday im late as hell

i need to revive the dr server(s?)

i cant believe its been 8 years on my part
Edit: after reviewing the screenshots (all 4 DR ss links) i actually think its been more than 8 years. I lost memory of pretty much everything except what happened online and before i was 12, which was longer than 8 years ago. i dont exactly remember how long the "early" versions of dr lasted (i dont even remember playing before 1.1), or blur, 4x3, me just being an asshole as a child because i was bad at the game and i can only blame others for it, accidently trolling gawley, and I changed my name every 30 minutes because i created edgyness before it was relevant. thats about all i can think of.

Edited by Stu
epilepsy is a pain. I don't know how to say things without sounding insulting.

I believe we were very early with creating a deathrun server.  Which version it was I don't know. But it was something with "1" at the end. If that was was 1.01 or 1.1 no clue. What I remember however is that Retox Squard created a deathrun server as well in its last weeks of its existance. That was shortly after our server was up. So it was likely May 2011 when we created ours.

However "Blur" was our server given into other hands for a rent. Because I was seriously fed up with dealing with that kids at one point. But that must have been later than the shutdown of Xfire, unless you can find screenshots where it writes "Blur Deathrun" onto them.

Hey guys,

It's been a while :) 

Just popped in to say congratulations on the 10 year anniversary. It was fun being a part of the clan.

Wish I could post some of my screenshots but they're on a hard drive in a different city 

Good job on keeping one of the best games ever alive, and keep it going for another 10 years :P