Sign in to follow this  
Legendary $t0rM

Things have to change asap

HEllo guys, perfectly to your 10 Year Birthday Party i have a present for you and its not as good as it looks...

The new mod is online for like a weak now and i can just say.... its bad... (not everything but a few things are rly bad)!

First of all: The Killstreaks are overpowered as fuck, and u get them so easy that the most of the players not even try to move, they just camp and wait till they get 7 or 10 kills and spam all shit they have into the enemy spawn. Something has to change there asap same as the camping problem. (Maybe you go in for a new Rule "Camp for Streaks = instend kick without any warning" ?) At least it will be more usefull than dmg reduce which can be easy disabled by moving 2 inches and move back to your position with 100 dmg again!
The Killstreaks have to been nerfed fast!!! rly fast!!!! a chooper for 2 Minutes?? same as the AC30R i mean ye nothing more i need to say for that right?
And yes i know Leiizko is busy and he is alone but i still have to say that.
A lot of Players join the server, they stay for around 3 Minutes and say "WTF IS THAT SHIT, WTF HAPPEND TO THE SERVER?!" and leave... and that happend not only 1 time no it happens around 10-15 times per day... and i can understand them. Since they dont write anything just flaming ingame i thought its time to tell you the truth about whats going on at the server. You guys got 10 years old and if u guys want another 10 year victory there need to be some changes. And i dont mean a weapon nerf cause thats not the Problem. There has to be a "REAL ANTI CAMP" as i asked for a few months ago. Yes you guys never had something against camping but as your community grows up the game does too and the times has changed. People camp 34DMG or not it doesnt matter. If they explode or Burn to death belive me they will stop that. 
Currently I think I'm talking against a wall because no other admin or mod has any complaints. This is probably because me and Own3d are the only ones who regularly play on the server and notice what a clown fiesta it has become. 
Spawn raping has to become more shit than the last mod, cause of the spam of Killstreaks...
Ye well i think thats it for me now but at leas i told you whats going on and if u guys didnt hate me before u do maybe now cause of my complaining about the mod but this isnt fun to play at all.
The only good thing actually is the Prestige, but ye as i said aswell i know Leiizko is alone and busy in his life but things had to be said since noone else is doing it....

Greetings... 

One thing I have noticed is there is a vast skill gap of the players in the server. Now I wouldn't call myself good by any stretch, but I find it incredibly easy to rack up 12 kills and even go for the nuke, especially if I can get into a building around the enemy spawn. What this can lead to is a few players constantly dominating and chaining killstreaks while others are at the mercy of AGMs, helicopters and AC-130s for much of the game. 

Yes campers can be annoying and may get to high tier killstreaks on occasion, I don't think that is as much of an issue as the better players essentially holding the entire enemy team hostage as soon as they start doing well. (While is it fun to rain hell, it is no where near as balanced as a simple 3/5/7 system or even the previous linear killstreak set). 

While I agree with Storm that there is little way to actually dissuade camping, my main thoughts lie with the killstreaks for which I see two ways of keeping them in the game as clearly much work has gone into implementing them while being a quality of life improvement for players;

1 - Massively increase the requirements for gaining the devastating high tier kill streaks. A nuke used to be 40 kills it seems which is a challenge and reward for playing so well, however for the current killstreaks in the 10-12 kill range, I think raising them to around 20-25 would be an acceptable challenge that feels rewarding when actually achieved. Furthermore care packages should then be low tier rewards like ammo or UAVs 40-50% of the time (I don't know if this is already the case since I don't use them). 
2 - Keep the current killstreak requirements but implement a lock-on anti-air missile like a Stinger. Simply put, small arms fire usually isn't enough to take down the aircraft which leaves the enemy team defenceless. A means to fight back would actually make things a lot fairer while also rewarding players who are having a good game.  

-Duck

Okay to put some stuff to rest.

Anticamp: It will never be implemented in such way that it stops people from camping. We have never nor will we ever forbid camping in any way, it is a legit way to play. Not everyone wants to just run and gun all the time. Current anticamp system is meant to just give a fighting chance to anyone hunting down a camper - which it does as intended. 

Killstreaks: They might be a bit overtuned at the moment, but you also need to keep this in mind - you have only 3 of them so they should be obtainable by a regular player and just fyi compared to before a lot of killstreaks have been nerfed heavily to compensate lower kill count needed. If this is such an issue that a majority of playerbase agrees on it can be temporary switched back to linear progression as before until cod4x19 arrives. 

And before i hear "but everyone agrees" - no they don't. I've actually heard more positive feedback that negative, it's just that a very few people are very vocal about it. It is impossible to make everyone happy, so best I can do is thread the needle and find a suitable middle ground.

And one interesting thing: Prior to update everyone was crying out loud how M21 and P90 are OP, in this update I had made a new damage system in which they were nerfed. Suddenly M21 is just fine, no problem. Well this system was disabled after 2 hours of it being implemented. All damage is as it was prior to update yet noone even noticed - funny isn't it?

Leiizko i didnt want to blame you or something, ye the dmg is the same like before i noticed that and its fine. For me the dmg was never a problem. 

And yes 3 Killstreaks the problem is the time they are activated. As i said a CHooper is there for 2 Minutes thats a bit crazy. 

As i said its not a Blame to the work u did there. Dont think it would be..

i love the server otherwise i wouldnt spend so much time there to climb and gain lvl exp :)  

Edited by $t0rM [=

Don't get me wrong I have no problems with any other part of the mod, it's a complete step up from the original formula. However I just feel the killstreak requirements need tweaking. 

I have had plenty of games already where I get 10 and 12 kills and destroy the enemy team, die and then do it all again and I see a small group of players who can also often do this. It may make it possible for regular players to also get them from time to time, but in the meantime they spend the game either getting bombed out or with little to shoot because better players are already using the killstreaks. All I'm suggesting is a requirement increase that increases the challenge a little and increases the number of gunfights before killstreaks dominate the game. 

Also I know a lot of these comments can be taken as criticism, but they come from people who genuinely care about both keeping the server alive and improving it and are perhaps just a bit emotional in their comments. 

-Duck

Edited by Duck

I posted something about the m21 a while back (after the update!). I said that it kills from long distances with one shot and 34 or 67 DMG in the lower torso, which according to the damage table was not possible.
However, I believe that the update worked very good and the server is way better to play in.

Even though the killstreak numbers are low and easy to get (which leads to a heli or something else being spammed), it made the M21 campers less noticeable. because now I can easily kill them with my killstreaks.

When the number of players using M21 goes up, it again gets frustrating again but it's manageable.

Therefore in conclusion, the M21 is NOT as much OP as it was.
and the update worked way better than I expected.

Btw I don't agree with the linear progression for the killstreaks. No one wants to wait 5 minutes to get their chopper in the air! having 3 killstreaks at the same time lets you use anyone of them that is not being used already, which is a good thing in my opinion.